DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2010 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/148303-helping-hands-2010-a.html)

Phil Hendren March 19th, 2010 10:40 AM

Looking to rent lights in Frankfurt Germany in May

I am traveling to Frankfurt am Main (Germany) and the surrounding area as part of a documentary project I'm working on, and I'd like to find someone who could rent me some portable lights (interview kit) from May 12-18. I'm not too particular but some type of softbox and a few portable hard lights would do the trick (tungsten would be great but I'm not too picky). I currently have a Lowel kit here at home and I know I can change out the bulbs and use them in Europe, but I'd rather not have to worry about lugging my stuff through the airport or shipping it, plus the cost of buying the 220v bulbs and plugs. I've got enough to carry with the camera, mics, mixer, clothes, etc (as this is one man band style all the way).

You can email me at projectguy[at]gmx.com or post in this thread if you can help me.

Thanks!
--Phil

Greg Hogland March 19th, 2010 01:26 PM

Is this project still needing help?

Gary Nattrass March 20th, 2010 04:09 AM

The KEMPS directory will be a good source of rental companies in Europe and Germany:
Film, TV, Video and Broadcast - Lighting Equipment, Hire / Rental in Germany - Berlin, Bonn, Stuttgart, Munich, Frankfurt, Leipzig, Hamburg, Dusseldorf, Koln, Cologne

Patrick Masters March 20th, 2010 10:47 AM

I need a volunteer for an interview please

I am currently enrolled in Masters of Entertainment Business program at Full Sail University. I am currently in my Entertainment Business Finance class and for this week, we have an assignment where we are to interview a high level position at a company and gather information to write a four (4) page paper on it.

I have contacted several companies over the past couple weeks and due to their extremely heavy workload, these companies have been unable to participate in the process and has severely placed me under the deadline gun.

If someone who owns their company would be so kind to answer roughly 15-20 questions as a business owner (preferably a video production business) and would like to assist me in completing this assignment, I would be very appreciative and grateful.

I can either post the questions here or send them in email.

I sincerely appreciate any assistance anyone is willing to lend.

Thank you in advance.

Patrick Masters March 20th, 2010 11:10 AM

Here are my interview questions:

1. What is your job title and what exactly is the role you perform for your company?

2. What is your educational background?

3. What types of careers did you have before you achieved your current position?

4. Did you participate in any additional training or special education classes that helped prepare you for your role in leadership today? If so, what were they and what do you feel help you the most?

5. What do you feel are the key positions in your company?

6. What are the specific job requirements for those key positions?

7. What are the educational requirements for those key positions?

8. Are there any other special qualifications candidates need to have to fill those key roles?

9. How does the candidate's finance and/or business skills factor into your decision to employ them?

10. Are there areas of finance or business that you would recommend students focus on learning to become more employable?

11. Have you noticed any downside of recent hires that may lack proper financial education? If so, how does that effect the company and company goals?

12. If recent hires lack the necessary skillset, what options do you offer to help bring the new hire up to speed through training to help the company's financial goals?

13. What types of analytical skills do you require for new hires and what types of education do you require your employees to pursue after gaining employment to remain vital to the company's economic growth?

14. Does the company prefer their candidates be well versed in all facets of business and finance is or that an area that the company would prefer to tailor their training to maximize company profit and employee efficiency?

15. What are some of the costs associated with employee training and has it improved profitability and efficiency within the company?

16. How have your sales increased from year 1 to year 3?

17. Does your company invest in advertising or rely more on the world of mouth?

18. Realistically, how much can someone starting a business similar to yours expect to generate in advertising sales for the first year and at what rate would you expect them to grow in years 2 and 3?

19. Does your company rely solely on advertising dollars or are their other avenues that you invest your capital to maximize your return on investments?

20. Do you have any additional advice for students considering a career with your company?

George Tasick March 21st, 2010 10:36 PM

ASAP *Audio Engineer Needed in Chattanooga, TN*

In need of an audio engineer with own equipment (shotgun mic, boom, wind screens, field recorder, wireless transmitter/receiver) for one day video shoot at a machine shop just north of Chattanooga.

Job will include recording outdoor interviews and narration with company personnel regarding the fabrication of specialty equipment. Wind screens and the know how to minimize background noise are a must.

Mostly run and gun type stuff and audio will need to be recorded to a digital format while simultaneously being piped into the video camera. There will be no post production on this.

Should be a fairly straight forward.

The date of the shoot is Tuesday, March 23rd so if you want the job, respond ASAP with links to sample work.

I'll be in Chattanooga Monday, March 22nd at roughly 5PM so provide me with your cell phone number so I can call you when I get to my hotel.

Job pays $500

PM me if interested.

Thanks,

George

David Chilson March 22nd, 2010 08:25 AM

Patrick,

The things that business owners really look for are not even covered in your questions. To be frank, your questions are more "I'm looking for a job at your company" or "I want to start my own business and could you tell me the pitfalls." This is evidenced by your line of questioning.

If you're looking for a job, it's simple. You need to make me more money than I pay you or free me up so I can be more productive or play more golf. Seems like this is lost on new hires. I have never owned a business that was large enough where I would need to hire a business manager and have owned too many businesses where I would trust that job to someone else.

Your questions are based primarily on education and I get real nervous when I'm looking at someone who has spent the first half of their life in school, with very little job experience. Showing up on time, being trustworthy, meeting deadlines and taking responsibility for one's position weigh heavier on my scale. Did you notice you blamed those companies for putting you in a spot because of their unwillingness to respond in your first post?

That's the kind of things employers look at.

Tim Kerigan March 22nd, 2010 08:43 PM

Looking for an internship in New England

Been applying to places but figured it can't hurt to throw something up here too.

Junior film student here out of Chicopee, MA looking for an internship for this summer, working in any position related to film/video. I'm available from May 24th until August 24th. I'm experienced with most of the Final Cut Studio, CSS/XHTML, DSLR's (40D/7D), and prosumer cameras (XHA1, HVX100, PD-170, etc)

I can send an full resume, cover letter, and examples of my work to anyone interested.

Chad Whelan March 28th, 2010 10:07 AM

New Haven CT - HD Broll

April 23rd I need a Broll shooter for a wedding ceremony in New Haven, CT. Please email me or call for more details.

Thanks

Chad
727-345-9898
chad@digitalwaveproductions.net

Josh Monk March 29th, 2010 02:49 PM

Audition Space in Orlando

Yes we are trying to get everything set up to hold castings in May for our upcoming comedy film. The film is to be shot in and around Orlando and Tampa Florida. I'm trying to find a good audition space to hold the castings that doesn't break the bank. If anyone has any suggestions they would be very welcomed.

Juergen Hansen March 31st, 2010 12:42 PM

Hi Phil,
try this small company in Wiesbaden, Germany (30 minutes from Frankfurt). Nice people, good pricing. Their website is in German, but maybe you find what you need. Give them a call, they might speak English as well:
welcome @ hoehnevideo
Best regards,
Jürgen

David LeGroin April 1st, 2010 10:09 AM

Anyone need HD of ocean, beach, waterway, etc?

I'm on spring break looking for some little projects over the next few days. I have a Panasonic HMC-150. I'd be happy to capture some scenes from a tripod. I'm in the Palm Beach, FL area. Plenty of inlets, beaches and intracoastal access for boating and watersports filming from land. I also have DV if you require.

If you *need* something, not just to have for your stock collection, contact me.

This is volunteer work. I am not expecting to be paid.

Ben Freedman April 1st, 2010 11:33 AM

Studio time in Salt Lake City, UTAH

Howdy..

I'm looking to rent a little studio time in Salt Lake City, UT.

Ideally, I'd like to shoot a few stand-ups against a white cyc. We'll have a small lighting kit with us, but a few additional lamps would also be nice..

Drop me a line at 480.619.8164, or ben@primeimagemedia.com...

Thanks!

-Ben

Ben Winter April 1st, 2010 04:17 PM

Looking to rent tripod, indislider, hdmi monitor - LA

Hi all,
I'll be out in LA April 18, 19, 20 filming some b-roll in Joshua Tree, and I can't take my slider or tripod with me, so I'm looking to rent. Field monitor is optional, but if you could give me a quote I could get a better idea if it's worth it. I'm using a 7D.

If you have some ultrawide (I mean as wide as they come: 10mm-22mm would be fantastic) lenses and a decent telephoto, I'd be interested in those as well.

Adam Brown April 4th, 2010 06:29 PM

Professional composer available .....

Hello there. I am an experienced film composer currently working on a US comedy released in September. I am looking for ambitious upcoming projects from MAY onwards, not necessarily for payment. I am happy to work for expenses/credits if the project has high intentions. Please visit my website to hear my repertoire. Thanks for reading.