DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2010 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/148303-helping-hands-2010-a.html)

Brian Boyko June 29th, 2010 12:46 AM

How do I find entry-level work in Austin?

I relocated to New Zealand, and I'm beginning to think it was a mistake.

How would I go about finding entry-level work in video production or video editing in Austin? I'm not in a financial position to take an internship, unfortunately.

Nicole Hankerson June 29th, 2010 06:43 PM

I'm highly interested in doing this for you. Please reach out to me. Trying to send you an email now.

Thanks
Nicole

Nicole Hankerson June 29th, 2010 06:47 PM

Do you have facebook? If so join the Production Notices Texas group.

Mandy's Film and TV Production Directory - television - video - broadcast
www.craigslist.org

Try those sites as well. Good luck!! Just get yourself out there. You may have to do a few free gigs to build your name and soon work will pick up.

Nicole

Patrick Coker June 29th, 2010 06:53 PM

Any shooters in Amsterdam?

Looking to do a 1 day experimental shoot last week of August in Amsterdam. Anybody interested. Would like to use the 5D or 7D.

Gabor Heeres June 30th, 2010 03:16 PM

Patric,

I live in the south of the country but can reach Amsterdam in a little more than one hour by train or car. I do own a 7D and a Glidecam HD2000. Though, I am not an experienced Glidecam shooter, still practicing over and over again. This is my 7D kit:

Canon EOS 7D
Glidecam HD-2000
Canon WFT-E5B wireless transmitter
Røde Videomic
Tokina 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 Fisheye AT-X 107 DX
Tokina 12-24mm F4.0 AT-X 124 AF Pro DX
Canon EF-S 17-55 F/2.8 IS USM
Canon EF 24-70 F/2.8 L USM
Canon EF 50mm F/1.8
Canon EF 70-200 F/2.8 L USM
Canon EF 2.0x Extender II
Canon EF 1.4x Extender II
Canon Speedlite 580EX II flash
Sony HVL-20DW2 cameralight
Manfrotto 055XBK tripod with 701RC2 fluid head

If there is a way I might can help you just drop me a PM.

Heath McKnight July 1st, 2010 07:55 AM

Florida HD shooters--need stock footage of daytime 4th of July park activities

Hey everyone in Florida who has a pro-level/prosumer HD camera and tripod!

If you're interested, please let me know if you'd be willing to shoot some daylight wide shots (on a tripod) of people celebrating the 4th of July in a park. It'd be cool if there was some sort of amusement park-type thing going on, or even just places with food and activities, but it's not 100% necessary. If you can, please be careful of faces--hence the wide shots. I actually don't need too much, just enough for my project.

I can't pay, but will credit you. And if you get some awesome fireworks shots, that would rock, too!

Please let me know if you can do it. I need it in 1080p24, but I'll be okay with 1080p25 or 1080i60.

Thank you,

Heath McKnight

ps-The reason why I say Florida is because it's for a project based in Florida (South Florida, to be precise). I need shots without mountains or hills in the background; if someone can get shots without those in the b.g., it's okay if it isn't set in Florida.

Robert Muncie July 4th, 2010 10:58 AM

Midwest work

Looking for camera work in the midwest. Have experience with Canon and Sony. I currently have a Canon XL2 and a Canon XH A1

Oliver Neubert July 7th, 2010 03:29 PM

anybody interested?

Bob Hart July 9th, 2010 02:02 PM

Can't do Sydney Australia. Can do Perth Australia.

Here's a few links to vision of what the city looks like.

Can shoot on Sony PMW-EX1, Silicon Imaging/P+S Technik SI2K and Super16mm motion picture film.

YouTube - AGUS35 APVE TO HVR-Z1P DEMO. - PELENG FISHEYE.

FOUNDATION DAY. PERTH. WESTERN AUSTRALIA. By Bob Hart On ExposureRoom

YouTube - CITY LANDING.mp4

Luis Florez July 11th, 2010 07:09 PM

If you still need help, I'd be happy to give it a shot.

Steven Davis July 11th, 2010 08:15 PM

I've been told I have no hope, but here is a sample of the best and the worst.

Index of /temp/delete

Chas Hill July 12th, 2010 10:10 AM

Need a Camera Operator in downtown Seattle on Aug. 15th

Sunday, August 15th in downtown Seattle from about 6 to 10pm.

I need an extra set of hands to shoot b-roll on my HV20 on a tripod. Super simple gig. It's for my cousin's wedding - I'm going to be busy on Steadicam for the ceremony - so I just need a second set of hands (need to bring nothing but yourself) to shoot for the ceremony and first ~20 minutes of the reception. Dress would be simple pair of black slacks and a black t-shirt. I don't have tons of money to pay, but it will be enough to at least make it worth your while.

Only real requirement I have is that the operator is good with slow pans on a liquid head, and can frame simple shots well.

edit: As an afterthought - if you anyone has an xha1 or equivalent they could bring to the above gig, I could offer a bit more compensation.

Jun Galinato July 12th, 2010 08:25 PM

Hi Chas, If you haven't found one yet, maybe I can help. Send me an e-mail and we could talk about it. I have sony Z7U with wireless lapel mic, a 5DII and 7D.

Kent Beeson July 13th, 2010 10:19 AM

Hi Chas

Sent you an email - let me know...

SONY EX1R and other pro gear.

Kent

Robert Turchick July 15th, 2010 12:03 PM

Need Shooter in Midland,TX area

simple interview 2 people in their conference room (one at a time). No more than 1 hour including setup and teardown. Need HD format (either 720 or 1080) tape or file is fine. Will need lights.
This needs to happen in the next week so please contact me for details asap!

This is a reshoot so the interviewees will know what they need to say ( about 5 min per person) and producer will either direct via skype or phone.