DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2010 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/148303-helping-hands-2010-a.html)

Chris Hurd April 20th, 2010 01:48 PM

Hi Scott, try Abel CineTech, our sponsor in L.A. -- see this page:

DV Systems :: Tripods and Stabilizers :: Rental Equipment :: Abel Cine Tech

Eric Stemen April 21st, 2010 12:02 PM

e-mail sent from my kertiscreative address.

Let me know how my price sounds and if there's anything else I can do for you.

Chris Davis April 21st, 2010 01:50 PM

Looking for a videographer in/near Ames, IA.

I'm looking to avoid 12 hours of travel (and the client is looking to avoid paying for 12 hours of travel!) Easy shoot but you must have HD camera, decent audio and lighting. No editing - just shooting.

email chris@famousdavispro.com

Thanks!

Ash Greyson April 21st, 2010 04:43 PM

Got my shooters, need someone to man some DSLRs and help wrangle cords.

ash =o)

Nicole Hankerson April 21st, 2010 07:40 PM

Or you could hire a light guy in Atlanta that has the equipment. Most light guys have that kit. If not you can try the following places.

PC&E
Day 1 Productions
North Druid AV

Nicole

John McQuiston April 22nd, 2010 10:28 AM

8mm or 16mm Film to Digital Transfer in Charlotte, NC

I have Googled like crazy and have had no luck yet.

I have relatives in Charlotte, NC who have some old home movie films that I need to get transferred to digital video -- not DVD, I want the digital files on hard drives -- for a family documentary project.

Do you know anyone who does this kind of transfer in Charlotte? My aunt is leery of letting the films out of her sight so I'm pressed to keep this job local to her area.

I will check this thread for replies but you can also contact me directly at johnmcq@hotmail.com.

Mark Ross April 22nd, 2010 01:42 PM

That's pretty specialized work, and I think it's going to be very hard to find someone local to do that.

These guys may be worth a shot:

About - The Film Foundry

If I'm not mistaken, these are the same people who used to do business as Post Central and I remember them having a telecine and doing 35mm transfers. If they can't do it, they may be able to at least point you somewhere else.

Good luck! If you happen to talk to a guy named Rick Eldridge there, tell him I said hello... :P

Rick Jones April 22nd, 2010 08:08 PM

Our consumer half of the company does 8mm and 16mm film transfer. Digital frame-by-frame transfer. We're in Atlanta but have people send us stuff from all over the country. All work is done in house and we keep a backup copy "just in case" but we've never had one lost. We've been doing film transfer now for over 5 years. Give us a call at 877-VIDEO60 or check out our website at Georgia Videographer, Video Production in Atlanta, Videography

Thanks,
Rick

James Fazzaro April 23rd, 2010 02:56 AM

Try Cinepost - High quality telecine, 8mm film and 16mm film transfer, DVD authoring design and Surround Sound Mixing. This is the website for a Georgia based S8 transfer house called CinePost that I've used in the past. They can do DV transfers with hard drive backups.

John McQuiston April 23rd, 2010 08:28 AM

Thank you for the replies.

I don't think I'm going to be able to get the films sent away from Charlotte. If I could, there are companies local to me who do transfers, which is why I am surprised to have trouble finding someone in the Queen City who does it.

Tim Harjo April 23rd, 2010 06:17 PM

SACRAMENTO: Need second shooter for a wedding May 15th

The wedding is in Stockton. I live in Citrus Heights and we can travel together. My wife has been my second shooter, but she won't be able to attend. I need someone with experience.

Including travel, count on an 8 hour day.

The Pay is $250

If you want to use your own camera, it must be a 3 chip camera. I shoot SD on mini DV so yours must be compatible. If you use your own camera with a light, the Pay will be $300 instead of $250

Please include references.

email Tim at: sacbulldogs@comcast.net

-Tim

Christopher Glavan April 26th, 2010 03:04 PM

Tim,

Did you get my email? Haven't heard back, just wanted to confirm.

Tim Harjo April 27th, 2010 12:28 AM

Yes, thanks! I sent you a reply earlier today.

Rob Morse April 27th, 2010 12:38 AM

Create-a-Video in Charlotte does transfers. I had a bunch of 16 mm transferred to DVD.
Create A Video

John McQuiston April 28th, 2010 06:07 PM

Rob, thank you.

Are you happy with the results? How do the DVDs look?