Helping Hands from 2007 - Page 20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old May 18th, 2007, 01:48 PM   #286
Major Player

At average of over $3.20/gallon...you'll definitely want to charge enough to cover the gas (that's a lot of driving) and an oil change when you are finished. At the bare minimum, or at least include it in there.
Old May 18th, 2007, 01:55 PM   #287
New Boot

Queens NY XL2 shooter needed

Looking for AN XL2 w/wide angle, Shooter for 2 hour shoot on June 16th - it is dance recital @ York College in Jamaica. show starts at 7PM need to be on site no later than 6PM - this is B roll back stage and some front of stage. Please, only serious shooter respond. we can discuss price.
Old May 18th, 2007, 02:06 PM   #288
Major Player

He's done a lot for me in the past, part of the agreement was he purchased a new camera for me to use (HV10... $900) as my old one was about to break, he agreed (he is the owner, and will sell it at the end of the summer)

Regardless, I don't think it's worth it for him to do it, because the amount of time and effort I would have to put into this, he'd lose money. If I made it so he didn't, then I would have been making like $5 an hour + lost money on gas.

I'll discuss it with him...
Old May 18th, 2007, 04:56 PM   #289
Trustee

I'm in MN, don't know what I would charge for day rates. I've only ever shot for myself so far. I've done several weddings, but I just ran a camera for my dad for that...he gets the family discount ;) I'll shop around a little in this area and see what folks charge.
Old May 18th, 2007, 06:01 PM   #290
Trustee

Hi Mike,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pulcinella View Post
If you were part of this project, what would be your rate for shooting?
Sent you an email...

Thanks,
Vito
Old May 21st, 2007, 08:18 AM   #291
Major Player

Thank you all for your responses.

I found out that the contest is open only to residents of the USA.

I am in the process of coming up with a proposal and a budget for this project. Your input has been valuable. Hopefully some of you will be hearing from me in the near future. In the meantime, if anyone else would like to submit a resume please feel free to do so.

Thanks,
Mike

mike@mikepulcinella.com
Old May 21st, 2007, 01:17 PM   #292
Major Player

Shooters needed for High Speed Rail video

Hello,

I have a customer who is working on a video program
on high speed rail. We need shooters in Japan, China,
France, Spain, Italy and UK.
HD specs - HDCAM F-900 or DVCPRO HD Cameras
All footage needs to be 1080 30p or 24p.
NO HDV or 1080 60i
Please submit websites with demos for consideration.
Thanks

Michael Schrengohst
www.MotionZoneHD.com
info@motionzonehd.com
Old May 21st, 2007, 06:07 PM   #293
Major Player

Videographer for hire (Sacramento, Calif. Area)

Event videographer with 15 years exp. looking for video work. I shoot in HD/SD and have experience videotaping concerts, plays, and other events. I also have experience with shooting narrative, movie making and nature videography.

Camera Type: Canon XH-A1 (High Definition)
$65 per hour for one camera (includes audio mixer with 3 mics if needed.)
$85 per hour for two cameras (not including rental cost of 2nd camera).

Will travel up to 50 miles [each way] (included in price).
$.33 per mile required after 50 mile (each way).

Contact Larry:
larry@tlhproductions.com

Thanks!

Last edited by Larry Huntington; May 21st, 2007 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Camera Type
Old May 22nd, 2007, 11:45 AM   #294
Major Player

HD100 available in San Fran, Memorial Day Weekend

Hey everyone, I'm on the road for non-film work and will be spending the long weekend in San Fran. I've got my HD100 tapeless rig with me so I'm willing to lend a hand or B-cam for a good SF lunch and demo reel footage. I don't know this area at all; any recommendations for places to visit/shoot?
Old May 22nd, 2007, 03:20 PM   #295
Major Player

If you make it to the Golden Gate bridge, then you will have plenty of nice photo ops. On the north end of the Gate, there is a road immidiately after the bridge you can take up a hill where you can get awesome views of the golden gate and a nice ocean view. Have fun in the city!

LArry
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:59 PM   #296
Major Player

Looking to rent an XLH1 or similar for 2 days for 2nd unit

Hi,

I'm shooting a low budget movie in Los Angeles between 6th and 21st June and we'll be needing an XL H1 for a couple of days for 2nd unit work. We could alternatively use one of the newer cameras like the A1 or whatever provided they shoot HD 24f mode.

We already have a 2nd unit camera operator.

Does anyone out there in La want to make a few bucks renting their gear to responsible and experienced - and fully insured - professionals?

Email me direct at harry323@pacbell.net.

Thanks,

Harry
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:57 PM   #297
Tourist

Crew Positions needed in LA this weekend.

Hello to all!

My name is Adair Cole and I am directing a SAG short film this weekend (May 26 and 27) in Los Angeles. If you are interested, you can find the script here: http://www.toms-undies.org/the87. Our cast is as follows: Mark Erman, Anthony Ray Parker (The Matrix, Xena Warrior Princess), Kelly Knox (Rock Star, American Dreamz), Elizabeth Blanco (Paradise Hills, Mind of Mencia) and Mark Arnold (Desperate Housewives, Boy Meets World).

We are shooting with the HVX-200 and a Brevis with Nikon lenses. AND we are currently looking for some people in the following positions: gaffer, first AC, sound mixer, boom OP, grip, PA and warddrobe.

We are not entirely without in the above positions, but -- rather than having our inexperienced/uninterested/but entirely loyal friends fill all of the above positions -- we thought posting the information here on the forums that we use regularly would be a great way to network.

If you are interested, shoot me an e-mail: adair@toms-undies.org. Please keep in mind that our budget is limited, so the best we can do is credit, lunch, gas money and a copy of the finished film.

Thanks for reading.
-Adair
Old May 25th, 2007, 05:05 PM   #298
Regular Crew

Editor Needed for XLH1 Footage

Hello, I'm looking for a PC based editor in LA to create some Targa sequences from my XLH1 footage to give to my CGI artist. Not sure what this would cost but it is roughly 2 minutes of 24F XLH1 footage and would need to be put on a Data DVD, shoot me a price for your services if interested, thanks
Old May 25th, 2007, 07:27 PM   #299
New Boot

Charlotte, NC Crew Needed

Hey Guys, I'm looking for a 2nd Camera Operator (w/ 3 chip camera) and a handful of "utility" helpers.

Anyone in Charlotte interested? Can't pay, but you'll get lunch and have a grand 'ol time. :)
Old May 26th, 2007, 10:58 AM   #300
New Boot

hello, I'm possibly interested

EDIT: do I really need to be in LA?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands