Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old April 14th, 2008, 06:45 PM   #151
Major Player

videographer

bump to the top
Old April 15th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #152
Regular Crew

Experienced videographer editor in Austin

More thatn 5 years Experience in videography with Canon XL2, Lighting, experience, editing experience with Sony Vegas.

More than 20 years experience in still photograpy and lighting.

Experience includes shooting training, educational and marketing videos for extremely large corporation with very high standards.

Can see limited examples of work at advancedmedialab.com.

Not willing to relocate.

You can contact me at jredman@austin.rr.com
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #153
Regular Crew

Freelance EX1 Shooter in Colorado

I'm an experienced documentary filmmaker with a Sony EX1 based in Boulder Colorado. I have my own production company called Soul Fabric Films and we're in pre-production on two projects right now. I also freelance for other producers at this time.

I shoot, direct and edit, and work with a wonderful sound person here as well. Am happy to travel for work.

My equipment is as follows:

Camera Package:
Sony EX1 - A true HD 1920 x 1080 variable frame-rate solid state camera and accessories.
I also have two 1-chip hand-held Canon HDV cameras that I'm using as "diary cams" for some of my projects.

Sound Kit -
Sound Devices 3-channel mixer
1 Lectrosonics wireless lav mic
2 Senheiser wireless lav mics
2 Senheiser shotgun mics (one with wireless transmitter)
Boom pole and accessories.

Lighting Package:
A very nice (and documentary friendly) lighting package for interviews and/or night scenes.
Includes a softbox key light, reflective fill, back light and background light.
Numerous stands and accessories (including a boom-pole mount).

I also have a great little 8 foot portable jib for some really smooth flowing establishing shots and interesting movement for interviews.
Multiple tripods.

I'm cutting with the most current version of Final Cut Studio (version 2).

Email me for a resume and to discuss rates for your next project.

Cheers,
Zachary
Old April 18th, 2008, 07:33 AM   #154
Trustee

Need some 3d visions...(3D animation and FX)

Hey guys.

Just about time for another bump to see if anyone out there is looking for 3d graphics services.

GG FX for tv spots/films - Full 3d tv ad production - 3D graphics for presentations

Cheers
Mat
Old April 20th, 2008, 11:47 AM   #155
Major Player

I have a JVC HD-110, and a JVC CU-VH1-U and I use Premiere Pro CS2 and CS3. I'd be willing to capture this for you...how many hours are we talking, and do you have an external hard drive to supply? Hit me up with an email to wadespencer00 AT gmail.com

Thanks.
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #156
New Boot

Looking for Work In New York

I'm getting into professional camera work for the first time. I am half way through college and need a means to pay for the rest of undergrad/grad school. I figured I would be better served investing in a camera (based upon my current skills/training/education) than working as a retail whore for 7 dollars an hour... Thus my current predicament.

My age isn't necessarily indicative of my work experience as my resume consists of having worked on numerous short films for sva/nyu/columbia grad/purchase college/numerous boston art schools. I'm an award winning director, have vast experience with NL editing (multi platforms), have been a cinematographer on multiple occasions, and have worked on film/dv/hdv/p2, and soon SxS.

I soon will be getting my spanking shiny new ex1 in the mail, and as such I will need work just to pay back a majority of the loan I am taking out to purchase it.

I am willing to help out on corporate jobs, weddings, shorts, full lengths, etc. I have a vast wealth of knowledge on almost every topic imaginable, and could be a help to anyone willing to work with a fast learner. My obvious weakness is my inexperience working in most specific fields of videography, however my obvious strengths are my dedication and hard work, in addition to numerous others that would become quite apparent after even a half hour of working with me.

I am willing to work while training free of charge, as long as after training there would be obvious economic incentive to said work.

I would love to be able to do work for free, however schools don't accept demo reals as currency, and neither does BH's "bill me later" financing program.

I am willing to travel anywhere in the New York tri-state area, and even as far as most of upstate new york.

Hope I can be helpful to someone,
Alex.
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:37 PM   #157
Obstreperous Rex

Please be aware of the forum layout -- moved from Sony EX1 to Helping Hands.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #158
New Boot

DFW Lighting Help for Corporate Video

Could use some help lighting an upcoming shoot in the DFW area. Two days during the week of April 28. Looking for someone who can help add depth and interest to a variety of shots in a corporate workplace.

Will use a combination of our gear (minimal) + either small rental package or your gear if you have a kit. Must be able to work fast and improvise. Mostly static interview style shots. Looking for someone with a good eye and imagination that we can also work with in the future. Shooting XDCAM HD.

Contact me via email:

Russ Jolly
PixelPops Design
Richardson, TX
russ@pixelpops.com
Old April 20th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #159
Regular Crew

Hey Alex,

It'll be a little different but you might try looking at temp agencies (if you haven't already), especially in the NY area you might be picked up for a PA job on a set there or you can check out the job board on your college (if you are at a film school) I know production companies sometimes try to fill their low positions that way. Try to be very careful on Craigs List or Mandy.com both don't have the greatest reputations for reliability or integrity, very few legitimate production companies advertise that way but you never know! You'll find that the film industry is quite different than video but I'm sure with a little ambition and hard work you'll find that the knowledge is very useful.

You could also get a job at B&H!

Best wishes,
Old April 20th, 2008, 07:48 PM   #160
New Boot

To whomever moved this thread -- thank you -- I assumed this much would be done.

In regard to school - no I'm not at a film school - I'm currently at community college and am going to be going to suny purchase (most likely) as a Journalism/Media double major. I decided that undergradute film school would narrow down my possibilities in the real world too much, as well I figured it wouldn't give me quite the real world connections I would make at a graduate program. Thus I am trying to save as much money as possible while still making a life for myself doing what I love.

The idea mentioned above in regard to being a PA, I will too check out, however that will not sufficiently sustain my financial neccecities. 2 more years of undergraduate at state school = 20k, 2 years of graduate work at either USC or NYU (the only places in the States that will give you the sort of real connections you will need to be succesful) will run an extra 80k.

Therefore I would need to in a sense transform myself from merely a student, into a working-professional. I was not as fortuate as some other kids my age where I could get into a college and not worry about a thing (in fact I got accepted to NYU Liberal Arts program, but couldn't go due to finances). Therefore I will need to work my ass of in order to insure a better future for myself. This I'm not opposed to, however my current problem is the transition. I need to be able to take that "next step", because otherwise school would be unattainable. It is not impossible as there are numerous working professionals in the videography/film industry my age who are less talented/intelligent/experienced than myself, however I reach a snag due to the fact I currently am enrolled at a community college.

Still hoping someone could use a talented cameraman with an ex1,
Alex.

PS - In regard to coorporate gigs, I have a lot of experience in terms of marketing. Therefore would be able to contribute significantly in terms of the creative aspect to the production.
Old April 20th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #161
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Soucy View Post
I take it transport To/ From India is off the menu? (Who am I kidding with that one?)
I usually don’t work for free unless services can be traded for example I’ll be a cameraman for a TV station for a day if I’m allowed to use an editing system for my own personal projects. India is one of the places that I though about traveling to and if this offer included roundtrip airfare, I’m in. I know that’s too good to be true.

Maybe I’ll pray that you come up short in your crew so that you’ll be forced to offer roundtrip airfare.
Just joking.

By the way, if I were you, I’d make sure to have a lot of behind the scenes footage so that you can put it in the extras of a DVD or HD disc. That should make it a lot easier selling your film.
Old April 20th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #162
Slash Rules!

Can I just take this a bit off track? I don't want to start a flame war here, and if I accidentally do, I'm sure this'll be deleted anyway.

I understand getting a college degree, but I'm not sure about the graduate degree. The thing is, in this industry degrees really don't mean anything! You don't need one to succeed, and chances are that anything technical you can learn in school you can learn on the job or as a trainee, for pay. The point is, whatever your passion/career is in the industry (writer/director/cinematogarper), you might be barking up the wrong tree trying to accrue 80K for schooling you don't really need to get jobs. Why not finish your community college degree and just get out there and work? If anything, go to grad school for something totally unrelated that you can fall back on should this whole industry not work out for you. Unless you want to teach, that is, and need the grad degree. In that case, disregard.
Old April 21st, 2008, 12:37 AM   #163
Regular Crew

Josh you bring up a good point. An advanced degree isn't necessary but you would be surprised to know that a lot of people in upper management usually have advanced degrees. I know several producers that have advanced degrees in various disciplines (from art to law to business, sometimes a combination). Everyone is different and and their objectives are different as well. Alex may want to eventually get into a major motion picture company. The corporate type of people in charge of that kind of organization are impressed with advanced degrees (of course having talent doesn't hurt either) so the 80k in investment could really pay off with that. Of course Alex may be the type that always wants to learn and grow in a university situation. Having an advanced degree also means that later on in life he may also want to teach.
Old April 21st, 2008, 12:50 AM   #164
Major Player

I have to agree, an advanced degree, would just set you back a ton of money and probably you'd have a good bit of experience less than if you were actually working in the field. Finish your undergrad to make sure it's what you want to do, and if you can't pay for it, take some time off and work in the area. Nobody said you have to go straight through. Everyone is right here, a reel will say much more than any piece of paper you can present, even if it comes from NYU or USC.
Old April 21st, 2008, 02:09 AM   #165
Trustee

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post
I usually don’t work for free unless services can be traded for example I’ll be a cameraman for a TV station for a day if I’m allowed to use an editing system for my own personal projects. India is one of the places that I though about traveling to and if this offer included roundtrip airfare, I’m in. I know that’s too good to be true.

Maybe I’ll pray that you come up short in your crew so that you’ll be forced to offer roundtrip airfare.
Just joking.

By the way, if I were you, I’d make sure to have a lot of behind the scenes footage so that you can put it in the extras of a DVD or HD disc. That should make it a lot easier selling your film.
I wish! Thanks for the tip though.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands