Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old June 22nd, 2008, 03:55 AM   #286
Inner Circle

if you need to "paint" with light, there is an easy solution that allows to put light of any color and shape, exactly where you want without lots equipment.
find a good video projector (preferably HD to avoid the screen door effect) and connect it to a laptop.
using the video projector mounter on tripod (for example) you can light precisely object by drawing colored shapes on a paint program (use the full screen mode to get rid of the menus and palettes).
you can find very cheap lcd projector (or DLP, better) with resolution of 800x600 for less then 400$.
with a laptop and a matrox triple head box, you can have as much as 3 projector on a laptop.
obviously you can not set all the light for a stage only with such device (use regular lighting to get ambien light level) , but to give an additional color touch or play with very precise light spot, it is an easy solution.
you will spare on lots of lamps, tripods , cable, filters and so on and get a setup time reduced to almost nothing.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 12:26 PM   #287
Major Player

heheh... I was actually referring to the john alton expression. Didn't mean to confuse.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 02:51 PM   #288
Inner Circle

read again, that was not confusing....
Old June 23rd, 2008, 07:32 AM   #289
Trustee

updated locations to Cleveland area

It turns out that the wedding and reception are in Solon and Beechwood Ohio....so this is more of a "Cleveland" area event and not Youngstown Warren area.

Thanks.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM   #290
New Boot

Need (4) HVR-Z1u shooters 6/29, Hermosa Bch

I need four cameras / ops for a concert shoot in Hermosa Beach on June 29. We have been shooting with HVX200 but need over 2 hours of coverage from 4 cams so I've decided to go with HDV 1080 on tape. I'm not familiar with Sony cams but I believe it is the Z1U that does what I need, unless models have changed and there is a better model (?). Advice appreciated.

We can pay $300 for approx 4 hours of shooting.

You should have a good fluid tripod and experience with television or concert shooting. Send a resume and/or link to footage to contact tdsurf@yahoo.com

td
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:07 PM   #291
New Boot

Professional film composer: available for projects (internationally)

Hello!

My name is Erez Henya and I'm an ambitious film composer collaborating with filmmakers internationally. I love doing what I do and I give all my heart to it with a bold passion.

I also give a great importance to the pleasure of collaborating. There's nothing like working with new friends, not just filmmakers, that you feel open and cool with. Great ideas come from both sides pretty easily this way, and the communication (a key component in any film production) is clear, many times also predictable.

I would love to see you at www.erezhenya.com, and hear what you, personally, have to say about my music, and how you think I can execute your artistic vision to this great upcoming film of yours!

That's it, everything's there! now I wanna see you at www.erezhenya.com, if you dare!

Last edited by Erez Henya; June 25th, 2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:02 AM   #292
Regular Crew

Shooting Gear Available In South India

DVCAM and HDV Cameras available for shooting in South India.
SOny DSR 400 with pro Tripod
Canon XH A1 with Tripod and
Advanta Jib Lite Full Kit

Post Production

FCP, Premier and Edius Suit Available

PM me for more information

Thanks

Rajiv
Old June 28th, 2008, 03:44 PM   #293
Regular Crew

Looking for Wedding Shooters in the Louisville, Kentucky area

I'm looking for shooters in the Louisville, Kentucky area. I would prefer a female shooter with some experience that can shoot bridal preps alone while I set up for the ceremony, however a male shooter would be good too. In any case, I'm looking to start training someone as early as a July 11th wedding. If you know of anyone looking for some part time weekend work like that, I would appreciate it if you would send them my way.

http:DigitalCreationsSite.com
Old June 29th, 2008, 09:17 AM   #294
Major Player

Tampa, FL - Need to rent some equipment

Hi,

I'm flying out to do an interview shoot in early August and need to rent the following:

Black backdrop with stands. Prefer 20' width but less might do.

Possibly needs some lights.

Anyone here rent stuff or know of a good place to rent?

I'll be shooting in the convention center.
Old June 29th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #295
Major Player

lighting

Not sure what you are looking for, but they should have it

http://www.seal-fla.com/Rental.htm
Old July 1st, 2008, 07:34 AM   #296
Major Player

2 EX1's plus operators Rome, Italy

I'm off to Italy to shoot some opera with my EX1, I need two more EX1's and experienced camera operators to help on the shoot, anyone local out there?

Dates are 14th 15th 16th July 2008 - 3 half days shooting and interviews.

Let me know what you have, where you are, and if you can etc.

thanks

Paul
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:10 PM   #297
Major Player

Need HD Videographer Maryland 1/3 3CCD or CMOS

Double booked August 2 and need a experienced videographer to cover me. Please email me your day rate. Times needed are from approx 1pm to 10pm I'll have my bag boy working that day so you would only need to cover the main events for me. The job is in Riverdale. Wireless mic a plus. Please be ready to show me a sample also. I will pay well but expect top quality as well. Thanks

Monday Isa
quincevideo at gmail dot com
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:17 PM   #298
New Boot

Northern NY

Anybody need a hand in NNY?
I am in the Watertown area and looking for a project.
XL1s (w/ 3xZoom), Bogen 501 and random stuff
Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM   #299
Major Player

Hobbyist composer looking to collaborate

Hello, my name is Brandon Freeman. I'm a fairly uneducated, learn-as-I-go-through-trial-and-error composer. I'm an independent filmmaker, and my favorite part of the process is writing the music to my films. So, I'm a creature of necessity, learning how to overcome the obstacles that stand in my way as they present themselves. I'm not perhaps the best at foresight, but learning under pressure is how I do it best.

I'm interested in collaborating on short films (around 10 minutes) for free, provided I like the film.

I'm also interested in collaborating on feature films, but due to the involvement required, would need some kind of reimbursement/service trade.

I compose my work in Finale 2008. Listen to my growing portfolio at http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/brandonfreeman.

My e-mail is hallewoode@gmail.com.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 04:09 PM   #300
Regular Crew

HVX200 Rental in Bucks County, PA

Looking to rent an HVX200 on 8/9 for a full day shoot in Bucks County, PA. We're shooting a cooking show and everything will be held in doors.

P2 cards are not needed.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested and what the rental rates would be.

~Mike
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands