Helping Hands from 2008 - Page 21 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Helping Hands
Post a job, find a job, hire a crew, join a crew... seek out and deploy!

Closed Thread

Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:47 PM   #301
New Boot

EX1 shooter in the NY City area

I'm looking for a shooter in the NY City area with experience using the Sony EX1. I've been working on a self-funded doc on dance for the last year and I plan to be in NYC for 3 days of shooting July 17-20, mostly late nights. I have a some $$ to offer but not pockets full. I hope to bring an EX1 with me but if you had your own that would be great.

Let me know if interested and I'll fill you in on more details.

Edwin

Toronto
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:37 PM   #302
Major Player

Position filled. Thanks
Old July 5th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #303
Major Player

DC, MD and VA resource: Over a 100 Actors Auditions posted on YouTube

The VA based casting/production company Team Jabberwocky has posted over a hundred aspiring actors auditions online. They also posted the contact details for the actors, so you don't have to pay to get in touch with them.

Even if you're not looking for actors right now, you can get bit of an insight into the auditioning process.

http://www.youtube.com/user/StonehengeAuditions

Full disclosure: My girlfriend (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdTya7YfMPc) was one of the auditions, otherwise I have no connection to this.
Old July 7th, 2008, 09:21 AM   #304
New Boot

Need Help With Balancing Steadicam Merlin (Palo Alto, CA)

Hi,

I'm looking to hire someone for a few hours to provide a bit of hands-on equipment setup and training. Of course I am willing to pay a reasonable fee. Here are the details:

I recently purchased a Steadicam Merlin and need someone who has at least a couple years experience with this neat production tool to show me how to correctly balance and setup my Merlin for my two videocameras....the first is a 1.2 lbs Canon Optura 50, the second is a Panasonic AG-HVX200 weighing in around 7lbs with a microphone and long duration battery attached.

I think I have the setup in the ballpark but I have yet to get it actually correct. Knowing how a fully balanced video camera feels in my hand would be a major leg up.

I have read the manual and watched the DVD however I would like someone who can:

1) set up the Merlin for me for both cameras so that they are dynamically balanced and result in that steady, "floating" video we all buy this tool to achieve.

2) Provide some very basic operator guidance (hand position, walking with the Merlin etc)

I'll be taking notes and some digital pictures so that I can recreate the setup. After all, if I can't do it myself eventually then that's a real problem

I figure around 2 hours work. I am located in Palo Alto, CA.

Steve

Last edited by Steve Crow; July 7th, 2008 at 12:18 PM. Reason: forgot to mention pay
Old July 7th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #305
New Boot

Need Silicon Valley Based Crew Member

I am working on a proposal for a 2 camera video production ultimately to be viewed on the Web. Locations would be in the Peninsula/Silicon Valley area (say Redwood City down to San Jose) I am located in Palo Alto.

Here's the deal - I need to add at least one LOCALLY BASED freelance crew member to join my production team but have no idea what day rates are typical...this person would be the principal camera operator/dp person and would also be involved with sound issues (so clearly a person with a wide range of experience)

We would be shooting one day a week for six weeks (mostly in an ENG/documentary style although some shots would have the opportunity to be properly staged) It would be ideal if the person shot on a Panasonic AG-HVX200 so that both cameras matched up but that's something that can be discussed. Both wireless and shotgun mics will be used. Lighting will be mostly using natural available light sources with perhaps some reflected/bounced light however for the more staged interview segments richer lighting setups would be a possibility.

To be honest, my budget isn't the greatest but I thought I'd at least see what's out there and maybe make a few connections with people I'd like to work with in the future. Given that, larger production houses probably wouldn't be a fit for this one...I'm more looking for an individual freelancer.

Contact me if you are interested in submitting your day rates or know of someone who lives in the local area for whom this might be a fit.

Steve

Last edited by Steve Crow; July 7th, 2008 at 08:40 PM. Reason: adding location
Old July 7th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #306
Regular Crew

Voice Over Needed for UCLA Film

Hell Voice Actors,

I'm shooting a short comedy at UCLA currently, and we're currently in need of an announcer type voice over for this piece. Below are the lines I would need recorded. We're looking for an announcer type voice that talks about an actor's astounding career as it progresses. I skipped a line to separate each line of voice over. All of the lines are listed below for your convenience, but I've also attached the script for your reference. I would need the voice over no later than 10AM PDT on July 9th, 2008. Because of the last minute nature of this voice over request it is strongly recommended that you record the lines and then contact me with the attached recorded voice over. Please let me know if you think you would be interested. Compensation would be credit + copy. (no budget film)

Subject: VO-"I AM BUM"

--------------------------------------------

The action

The drama

In a world of starvation, we must fight to survive

Freddy Joe

One man, one desire

Freddy Joe in: I am bum

Get ready for an epic adventure

This summer...

Freddie Jones’ career has taken off... traveling around the world...

After your astounding comeback could you please explain how you came to be...

Freddy Joe has taken on various roles... showing his vast versatility...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Box of Dreams-fd4.pdf (7.5 KB, 482 views)
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #307
Regular Crew

XDCAM HD crew needed 07.16-17 Lebanon NH

Anyone out there w/ a F330/F350 available on those dates? Must be local-ish, will also need sound recordist, grip/gaffer + lights, etc., and some support gear for interviews shot w/ x2 XDCAM HDs on the 17th.

Please respond to infoATsector550DOTcom -- thanks.
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:22 AM   #308
Trustee

Midwest Production Crew Available

I cover the northern midwest. chicago - milwaukee - minneapolis - madison - wausua -eau clair ( WI, IL, MN, IO ). I will cover my own overnight stay if required to be at the job early. I also do NY & LA if its a couple days of work.

hd100 & betaSP camera packages, others on request

full audio gear with mixer, cmc64, lavs, lectros

tungsten, HMI & flo lights

silks & real green screen

stands & grip gear all in van

20 years experience, wall of awards for shooting, national network work

Steve Oakley 920 544 2230c
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #309
Tourist

Looking for a Partner in Hampton Roads, VA

My name is David Stone in York County; VA and I’m looking for a like minded person with legitimate television production experience to form a partnership to create an introductory TV pilot for submission to the cable networks.

I want to make a pilot or two based on advice given to me several years ago by someone in the business. He said a completed pilot, even one not quite broadcast ready, would get much more attention than a written proposal, especially one from a complete unknown. So that’s what I’m going to do. But while I know what I want to do I need help to make it happen.

So I’m looking for a creative, detail oriented people person with Line Producer or better TV experience who’d be willing to trade a couple of weeks of their time, skill, talent and experience for a half share in a maybe.

Someone close to Yorktown would be best with gas prices being what they are.

If anyone is interested or would like to know more or has any questions you can email me at dgstone@verizon.net

David
Old July 10th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #310
Trustee

Kamikaze Klones in Evergreen Colorado 7/16

It's a non-paying, volunteer gig, just for fun at the lake in front of 2000-2500 fans of the Klones.

We have two cams and operators lined up, an EX1 and XH-A1. If you are interested in joining us to contribute your talent, bring your HD cam, (whatever it is) or your NLE post editing expertise, or sound.

email me...

tom93@kaycan.com
Old July 11th, 2008, 10:25 PM   #311
Major Player

for anyone who might be wondering, these were shot on a panasonic
Old July 13th, 2008, 08:28 AM   #312
Regular Crew

Working on a film crew in NJ or NY?

Hi, does anybody know how to get a job on a film set? I just want to be there, making some kind of livable wage. I'll do whatever job is there. PA, whatever. I have some experience on a set, have directed my own things, done sound, lighting, etc., but no experience on a set where they actually pay you. I've thought about looking for temp companies in the area that do this, but am not sure which ones handle this. I've also responded to some things on craigslist, but right now no one's responded.

Thanks for any advice or info.

Josh
Old July 14th, 2008, 07:45 AM   #313
Regular Crew

Sony Z7 Filmmaker in Yorkshire, UK

Hi there,

I'm a filmmaker shooting on Sony Z7 and A1E on HDV. Small documentaries or voluntary sector films. I edit and also have a solid background in motion graphics (here's my showreel) www.hullfreedomtrail.com/showreel

Been out of the business making interactive DVDs for a few years and now I'm back shooting and editing. Recently spent a month in Africa working with Claudio von Planta from Long Way Round/Long Way Down on this project www.hullfreedomtrail.com

Learned a lot and I can now apply this to your projects!

Willing to travel.

Contact details are below.
Old July 14th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #314
Tourist

MICHIGAN: hvx200/redrock rental

I am renting out my equipment for the time being. Here is a list of the things I'm leasing, please email me for the rates...thanks!

(2) HVX200 HD cameras
(4) 16gb P2 cards
Redrock M2 35mm Adapter (Nikon Mount)
2 Tripods
2 Sennheiser G2 Lavaliers
Rode NTG-1 Shotgun Microphone
Indifocus Follow Focus
(5) Batteries
28-80 zoom, 30, 50 - 35mm lenses
P2 Store

Thats it!
Please email me at spudraymento@msn.com of you have any questions.

I am located in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Old July 15th, 2008, 09:57 AM   #315
Major Player

need studio space in manhattan, ny

need studio space in manhattan, ny

i need to rent a studio space/stage/location for a talking head shoot. best would be if there was access to a black curtain since interviewee needs to be against black background.

any and all suggestions would be helpful.

thanks in advance

be well

rob
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Community Marketplace > Helping Hands