Show Your Work 2004 - Page 18 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old March 19th, 2004, 03:44 AM   #256
Regular Crew

DVX100A commercial

Hey peeps.

Been awhile since ive posted some stuff... Heres a commercial im doing for fun! Two man crew... me filming and my friend driving! Filmed on my 100a on 30p mode with simple color correction. Theres no sound and its just random selected clips... so it wont make any sence! The real version is 90 seconds long.. hope to finish in next couple of days. until then... heres a sneek peak.

http://www.ofilms.tv/benzy.mpg
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:56 AM   #257
RED Code Chef

I mean that some scenes had a much warmer tone than others,
or one looked more "filmic / professional" than others.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old March 19th, 2004, 05:51 AM   #258
RED Code Chef

Pretty neat indeed! I did notice your shadow on a wall one time
though :)

Old March 19th, 2004, 06:12 AM   #259
Regular Crew

Hey Brett. I saw them and I liked them. You have many interesting scenes in your demo reels...made me want to see some complete pieces.

Nice photography and editing, thanks for sharing your work!

I hope you didn't go crazy before you got this reply! <G>
www.doubledogsvideo.com
video@doubledogs.com
Old March 19th, 2004, 06:15 AM   #260
Major Player

Bryan,
Thanx for the feedback... A lot of Feedback is what I need. Since I had to drop out of filmschool, this is the only way to have some interactive learning. And friends and family, well, are friends and family.. so I thought I could catch up some more pro or objective feedback around here.

A lot of what you said has been told to me by other people. And yes I do agree with a a few of the comments, for example:

The Eyes FX I first did it more "natural" like you said.. but when I watched a few times I thought It needed more.... now It seems I´m wrong since it´s commentary number 1 from most people.

All the comments I´m writting down on "changes consideration" list for when I watch the short again in a few weeks. And hopefully I could watch it with another eyes to do the FINAL CUT.

And Cyril... that thought actually crossed my mind a few days ago... but I want to somehow try to blend the FX with the music... make it a part of it...
Old March 19th, 2004, 08:26 AM   #261
Trustee

Your footage has a very nice look. Can you describe your process a bit and what you accomplished in post as opposed to on set to get that look?
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:00 AM   #262
Regular Crew

very cool dude you shot it well

one little thing some shots where hand held and you could tell and the very next shot was still kinda through me off a bit but nothing that big and that may be how you wanted it
Old March 19th, 2004, 12:09 PM   #263
Regular Crew

I decided to leave that in so I'd have a little part in it!

Cheers,
Brian
Old March 19th, 2004, 04:05 PM   #264
Major Player

cool

Pugetropolis "flats" rock due to the view.......
I was hoping for more shots of the view just to remember where I used to live......

Nice fun stuff !!
Old March 19th, 2004, 09:36 PM   #265
Major Player

lil experiment

www.avengersgaming.com/~dead/trip2.wmv

here is a lil video i did when i was really really really really bored, my friend was at my house and i told him stand up against my greenscreen (green cloth from walmart lol) and I went from there, just boredom and art mixed

note:must have windows media 9
Old March 21st, 2004, 10:59 AM   #266
RED Code Chef

That was pretty neat. At least till the STOP error. I didn't liked the
last part too much. The greenscreening seemed to have worked
okay, any tips etc. on that?

Old March 21st, 2004, 12:44 PM   #267
Major Player

well on greenscreening, i used a very smally piece of green cloth from walmart, i shoot with a digital 8, so it doesnt pick up color very good, i dunno, i just manually exposed, 3 point lighting on the subject, room lighting on the screen, keylight for after effects
http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/ae_downl....html#keylight FREE just download one of the upgrades, its weird///

thats about it, i color corrected a little bit before keying. i guess i was lucky? i dunno i cant really remember what all i did
Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:28 AM   #268
Regular Crew

Admit it, you just made that video to show off that awesome home.

It was an interesting video exercise, lots of energy, good music, nicely shot and well framed. And I really loved the segement where the deskguy came down the stairs and began playing kickball. I really like the way the camera remained stationary for a moment before following him. Nicely done.

My only criticism is that you crossed the axis on your first close up of the guy playing the guitar. It really stuck out and felt awkward. - And it also seemed a bit weird when you had moving video interrupted by perfectly still closeups. It ruined the momentum.
Old March 25th, 2004, 04:34 PM   #269
New Boot

Conference opening video, done on Canon XM2

Over the last few weeks my design company, SYNTAX, (www.syntaxdigital.com) has been totally busy working with our friend Zeid Nasser at MediaScope to set up immedia:04, Jordan's first internet and mobile media conference. Our team came up with the name 'immedia' and the tagline 'are you ready for generation immediate?'. The conference was targeted at Jordan's advertsing agencies and marketing managers who definately need to learn more about the benefits of mobile and internet marketing.

We designed the event's logo and all its marketing materials. See the poster at
www.360east.com/blogfileupload/immedia04.gif

As I have developed a special interest in digital filmmaking over the past year, I decided that the event deserves a 'decent' opening video (although there ws no budget for it) which I scripted, casted, shot and edited myself.

http://www.360east.com/blogfileuploa..._video_web.mov
(5MB Qucktime movie)

I used my Canon XM2 to shoot the material, mainly using Amman's streets as my backdrop. The whole thing was edited on my G4 PowerBook (using iMovie for capturing and Final Cut Express for editing, color correction and effects). I also 'composed' the music for the 1 minute video using Apple's Soundtrack.

Let me know what you think.

Ahmad Humeid
Old March 25th, 2004, 05:32 PM   #270
Regular Crew

I like it, Really nice work! definitly has potential! I think some editing is in order to make it a bit shorter, maybe try cuting one at 30seconds. I feel like it could also use a bit of post work to enhance the look of it, but not much. The girls are cute too, that always helps!

Good work!

http://www.rich-lee.com
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work