Show Your Work 2007 - Page 28 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old April 25th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #406
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Coughlin View Post
Not to say that you didn't do a good job in the technical aspect of the teaser, but the style of the teaser didn't make me want to watch the video. I think to have an effective teaser you need to have some of the best shots that you got, without revealing to much of the final product. Also to try to implement the videos "theme" into the teaser, even though most of action sport films are montages, themes still play a crucial role in making a video more effective.

For your teaser (note: these are my opinions) I would get rid of the second title and make a better titles for the "street meats" (create an actual logo) and the last title "finally". The second shot of the video, the back flip, I would take that out and cut in shots of bike tires riding by or something that is a little less revealing right off the bat; because the back flip shot is a nice shot, it would be more effect near the end of the teaser. Also cut out all of the crashes, maybe leave one or two, but all of them do not make for a good teaser. Then just cut it down to like a minute or so. Music was good and the riding after the crashes.

Thanks for the input. They are good pointers but the thing is, it's hard to sell independent BMX videos these days. You MUST have a promo that has some major impact. Not that we're trying to sell a million copies or anything, but it would be nice to get our names out there in the BMX scene. The tricks used in the trailer were some of the better ones, but not the best, so there is still much more to be revealed in the final DVD. The "feel" in the trailer is on que to what the final movie will be like.
Old April 26th, 2007, 05:11 PM   #407
Regular Crew

Red Meat on IFC Channel Dates

Our short zombie film Red Meat Directed by Aram Bauman and Stephanie Armstrong will be airing on the IFC Channel in May. Hope you get a chance to watch!

Monday, May 7th @ 8:30 pm
Tuesday, May 8th @ 8:15 am
Friday, May 11th @ 7:20 am
Tuesday, May 15th @ 3:20 pm
Wednesday, May 23 @ 9:55 am
(all times eastern)
Old April 26th, 2007, 09:03 PM   #408
Regular Crew

My dad was in France when I made this and he watched it on Google. Sometimes we forget to remember how far technology has come in the last decade.
Old April 28th, 2007, 07:03 AM   #409
New Boot

XH-a1 test Shoot Grabs

I have a HVX200 and was realy wanting a backup HDV cam so i bought the XH-A1 and im over the moon with it, good thing too my firestore died this week!!

some still from testing this week>
Attached Thumbnails
Show Your Work 2007-bettie.jpg   Show Your Work 2007-grass.jpg  

Show Your Work 2007-purfle.jpg   Show Your Work 2007-1.jpg  

Old April 28th, 2007, 07:26 AM   #410
Major Player

Chris,

Welcome to the forum /

Nice ! Nice ! Nice ! / Keep contributing your Canon exploration process.

Always good to see new pics and comment.

Herman.
Old April 28th, 2007, 09:29 AM   #411
Regular Crew

Wow, beautiful stills from the A1! Good work.

Now, I'd love to see something in motion from the cam. :)
Old April 28th, 2007, 03:14 PM   #412
New Boot

XH-A1 test footage

uploaded some stills earlier, as requested here is a quicktime of some of the shots

480x270 8.5 meg

http://dodownload.filefront.com/7371...3736d54932b800

Last edited by Chris White; April 29th, 2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old April 29th, 2007, 03:56 AM   #413
Major Player

Short that I helped make -

However im not credited - as i was 17 at the time - it was for/with a couple of uni friends of mine and I just thought you guys like would like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWlY2l4Mk0w
Old April 29th, 2007, 04:09 AM   #414
Major Player

I know just how he feels...

Good stuff.

Liam.
Old April 29th, 2007, 04:29 AM   #415
Major Player

Yes - exactly thats why i thought id post it. Especially like around NAB time and all - with so much to do and see - the film is quite relevant lol
Old April 29th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #416
Regular Crew

XH A1 PSA for YouTube Contest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hOgm11vrq0

Let me know what you think - first thing I really completed on the new A1 - it's a YouTube PSA Contest for SmartPower.org.
Old April 30th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #417
New Boot

XL2 / SGPro r2 Short Film Trailer

Hey guys,

I thought I would post this trailer for a short film I wrote and directed using the XL2 / SGPro r2 combo. It is a student film, so please keep that in mind ;)

It's a dark comedy about a motley group of part-time professional funeral mourners who are paid to attend funerals and cry for complete strangers. However, when a familiar face is suffering, they fail miserably at what they should do best.

Please let me know what you think!

http://stage6.divx.com/user/negative...ficial-Trailer

We used three lenses :

Pentax SMC 85mm f/1.8 M
Pentax SMC 50mm f/1.4 AF
Sigma 28mm f/1.8 AF

I think we'll have the full version of the film up later if anyone is interested. We're currently having it scored and color corrected.

- Zack
Old April 30th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #418
Regular Crew

First using HVX+M2 (Short Video)

hey everyone, just started using my M2 redrock adapter and i made a "car meet" video for my friend. Longer version to come, need more footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnFgpVLxkHY
Old April 30th, 2007, 01:29 PM   #419
Regular Crew

mini doc/fundraiser

Hi all,

This is a kind of mini documentary I put together for a family that is trying to raise funds so they can take their autistic son to a cutting-edge center to get him help overcoming his disabilities.

I showed it over the weekend at a small town fundraiser -- in a town with population of 840 -- and we raised $14,000 in a day.

This is my first time with this kind of project, so I'm eager for constructive criticism. Fair warning: It's 23 minutes-long and I'm hosting on Google Video, which is not bad considering it's free, but the resolution is obviously much better in the original.

Help-Levi-Learn.org

Click on "Levi's Story."

Of course, if anyone feels inspired to help this family out, that would be cool, too.

God bless,

Jon
Old April 30th, 2007, 02:12 PM   #420
Regular Crew

Nice one! :-D

In which way did you modify the colors and the contrast to get this look?

Regards,

Oliver
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work