Show Your Work 2008 - Page 49 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old June 28th, 2008, 11:42 PM   #721
Major Player

Outstanding!
Marcel D. Van Someren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #722
Major Player

Heck yeah! I'd hire him.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #723
Regular Crew

Quick Coca-Cola Ad

Okay so here is a video put together that was shot on the fly. My friend did it for a school project and it we tried to have fun with it. Let me know what you think. If you have a laugh or you think its ridiculous send it to a friend for a laugh. All comments welcome! Thanks to all who took the time to watch this 1 minute video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxni8pkiDjE
Mike Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 01:39 AM   #724
New Boot

So Many Colors!

http://vimeo.com/1159781

A video I made of me painting a canvas for my mom's mother's day present.
I tried to capture small details and add an artistic side to the video instead of the ordinary timelapse videos while i was painting which made the process a little longer because it was only me painting and filming. Still a fun process though. The painting now hangs in my living room =)

Camera: Canon XHA1, stock lens
Edits: Final Cut Pro 6

Music:
The Whitest Boy Alive - Burning
Nick Mitzenmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 08:10 AM   #725
Major Player

A newborn baby story, shot with 35mm optics

cross post, have to delete, same one located in Canon H1 thread,
Sorry for inconvenience!

Last edited by Oleg Kalyan; July 1st, 2008 at 01:29 AM. Reason: cross post
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:01 PM   #726
Regular Crew

First Video Post - let me know what you think!

I just put together this quick promo video for a theatre company. I had to sit in the audience, so I couldn't get too many creative shots. Shot with a GL2

Let me know - I'd like to get some constructive criticism.

http://www.vimeo.com/1253195

Thanks
Nick Avdienko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #727
Regular Crew

1st concert shoot with Sony HC-5(A1u at repair)

My Hvr-A1u is at the doctor and I had to buy a camera to keep working, its the Sony HC-5
I am very much surprised of the result and its more reliable and work better for rock concert(spot focus and spotmeter on screen touchpad)
I just bought a second today($500), so from now on I will have a back up.

Sony Hc-5, wide angle 0737y, edit in imovie and final cut 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxyg6cqPIY0&fmt=18
Martin Labelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2008, 08:43 AM   #728
Regular Crew

First Commercial, feedback

Hello,

We put together our first commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnnL_n-yS4g

Forgive the YouTube quality (I tried to upload to .Mac but it won't play). For some background, we are primarily event shooters. We were asked to submit a "sample" commercial edit to be considered for sub-contracting out for inexpensive, local cable access commercial productions. We taped on Thursday, logged & captured on Sunday, and edited all day on Monday (we wanted to simulate a tight deadline). We used Sony DSR250 & 170 cameras. There are some slow shutter effects shot that don't play well on YouTube and the blue text doesn't show up as well either.

Comments appreciated,
Mike
Mike Bisom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM   #729
Major Player

The flying titles are a bit dated. Try to stick with one or 2 fonts throughout for unity. Lighting could have been better on the 'band' (but it was a nice touch having them 'appear' during the pan). A bit heavy on the whip-zoom for my taste. Ending graphic is too busy, especially with the moving 'waveform' graphic. The voice-over should be outsourced to a pro, which will really help 'sell' the ad.
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2008, 11:01 AM   #730
Regular Crew

Thanks for the feedback! I completely agree about the voice over- that's me in the basement trying to wrap up a sample! The Studio will be supplying the "official" audio bed- but that might not be for a few more weeks and we wanted to get the sample in sooner rather than later in hopes of getting some paid gigs! We did stick with two fonts, the WAMI was a logo graphic provided to us. I agree on the lighting, however given what I have to work (light kit wise) with and the time constraints shooting, this was the best we could do. Although I am sure we will get better and faster with time! I liked the ending graphic though- would be interested in hearing other thoughts.

Mike
Mike Bisom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:11 PM   #731

wow, impressive.
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:20 PM   #732

great video man. and a very cool painting as well.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 08:39 AM   #733
Regular Crew

Hey Oren, doesn't it reminds you of the local spots you see on Ch.36 and Ch.26 for "Dynamo Alarm Company" and so and so's dental office?

James
James Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 07:14 PM   #734
Regular Crew

fwiw, I like the appearance of the band, nice touch, and regarding the ending graphics, I feel it would have more punch if the tag line "Get serious..." appeared first, then the remainder popped in. That is your money slogan.

Also, I was personally distracted by the pseudo audio track graphic - I kept thinking it would resolve into wavelength form but it didn't. May be a cleaner look to drop that, although I admire what you were shooting for. Nicely done.
Bill Spearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:33 PM   #735
Major Player

More ECU's

I think you could use some extreme closeups of some dental grills ala flava flaz. Think WMD wide medium detail and use some slo mo in key spots . I wanted to see a some more twenty fo's give some cool angles and maybe some fish eye shots.

Get guys to really breath down the lens. Move the cam around a little. I feel in something like this if it's going to be hand held go for it. Take some chances make a move in and turn the cam dutch at the end etc.

Overall I liked it. But I felt a more frenetic pace could be used.
Mike Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work