Various questions Sony HC1 - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old January 18th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #151
Major Player

Display Guide

Are you touching the screen where an icon appears? This option should display the meaning of any icons in the area where you touch the screen.
Old January 18th, 2007, 03:08 PM   #152
Trustee

I have tried touching all over - and there are no icons that appear as well.
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2007, 06:47 PM   #153
Trustee

I am missing the two guide icons - the one in the upper right and the one in the middle. When I click on them it says "No Guide". IS there something I have to turn on to get these icon working?
Old January 20th, 2007, 02:23 AM   #154
Regular Crew

Hi,

Could you post an audio file as an attachment. Impossible to tell without listening to the sound...

Christian
Old January 22nd, 2007, 08:56 AM   #155
Regular Crew

Absolutely you will hear this effect when moving the camera. The mics on the HC1 are very sensitive and very directional. As humans, our ears will help compensate for changes in audio when we move our heads. The mics on the HC1, however, will not do that. Anytime you move a microphone, you will get a different sound becuase the sound waves are striking the diaphram at different angles. You can even effect the sound on the HC1 simply by putting your hand too close when focusing, etc. There's really nothing you can do about that unless you get a seperate, stationary mic to record your audio.
Evan Dowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2007, 11:15 PM   #156
Regular Crew

Getting an HC1

Well, I'm jumping in and getting an HC1. I'm kind of a tech junkie and a pretty serious photographer hobbiest and I want to learn some videography just for my own personal pursuit. What kind of minimum computer specs am I gonna need to do basic editing? My PC is OK for photo editing but it's gonna need some upgrades to take on video. I'm running XP Pro and an Athlon 64 3400 processor. I only have 1GB memory and I think my MB can take up to 3GB. I plan on capturing in HDV. How much drive space and memory will I need and will the Athlon processor cut the mustard?
Dan Aragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 01:55 AM   #157
Regular Crew

Dan, you have the bare minimum amount of RAM. I have a Pentium D 2.8 Ghz (Intel's short-lived first dual-core processor) and used to have 1 GB of RAM (now have 2 GB). Editing HDV on Avid Liquid was pretty smooth, but not as fast now with 2 GB. I would recommend upgrading your RAM at least another GB.

How much hard drive space do you currently have? Keep in mind that standard miniDV and 1080i HDV take up the same amount of space: approx 13 GB per hour. So, you would need enough free space for the captured video clips, and enough for renderfiles which can add up very quickly on each project you do.
John M. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 08:43 AM   #158
Regular Crew

Thanks John. I figured I would definitely need more memory and more disk space. 13GB per hour - I was hoping someone would tell me how much space an hour would take up. You have got me headed in the right direction now.
Dan Aragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 11:29 AM   #159
Regular Crew

Hc1 pixel upconversion

i have played around few pixel upconversion program..and the best method was canopus codec and quicktime.

http://www.dvuser.co.kr/zboard/data/...2112051579.wmv

http://www.dvuser.co.kr/zboard/data/pds/Untitled99.wmv
Jung Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 04:06 PM   #160
Trustee

It would be nice to see the before and after...
What exactly did you do?
Old February 17th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #161
Regular Crew

HC1 missing video

Shot some footage last night and discovered something odd - some of the footage is missing, sort of.

When I press "play", I see the time code advance for about 15 seconds, but I get nothing but blue screen. After that time, the picture comes on the LCD and the video continues normally from there.

What's odd is that if I press "review" I see the video that was missing.

My wife shot the video and reported that prior to shooting a "clean tape heads" message came on. I used a Panasonic digital video head cleaner this morning, and now the amount of "missing" video is up to about 25 seconds.

What's the deal? Ideas?
Paul Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 12:44 PM   #162
Trustee

What happens when you capture the video to computer? I am assuming you are reviewing in-camera right now...?
Old February 17th, 2007, 01:39 PM   #163
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply.

I use Studio 10. In capture mode, with tape rewound fully, I click "Capture" and within moments the "Captured" counter starts counting as if it is capturing frames. There are no dropped frames shown, but the capture preview window remains black (and the camera LCD is blue). After now 20 seconds or so the preview window comes alive with video from about 20 seconds into the tape. I click "Stop" capture and go into Edit mode. Studio only shows whatever was captured from the about 20+ second point and none of what was shown as black in the preview.

However, if I click the "Play" button within Studio and then click either "Cue" or "Review" where that black area is, the "missing" video shows up in the capture preview window, so obviously the camera is outputting the "missing" video over the 1394 to the computer. Of course during cue/review the HC1 displays lower-resolution video and not full HDV, if that means anything in this particular case, but it still has to generate that lowres from something.

Very strange.
Paul Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #164
New Boot

HC1 remote control for time lapse

Hello everyone,

I have recently picked up an HC1 and I am planning on using it with the "Mumford Time Machine" http://www.bmumford.com/photo/camctlr.html . Now here is my problem........I want to use the "remote control trigger sensor" to trigger the camcorder to take a photo. The trigger for the "Time machine" emulates the sony remote control rmt-814. But the HC1 comes with the RMT-831. My question is........

Will the sony rmt-814 remote control be compatible with the HC1?.....(If you press the 'photo button' on the rmt-814 will the HC1 respond with a photo?)

I do not want to order this sensor if it will not work with the HC1......so any help would be greatly appreciated.

(option 2) The "the time machine" also comes with a LANC trigger.....but i wanted to use the LANC for zoom and focus.

Thanks for the help

Curtis Shillington
Curtis Shillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2007, 01:00 PM   #165
Trustee

HC1 with the Letus35A - shakey?

I have just recently tried the HC1 with the Letus35A adapter and noticed after capture (not during on the LCD) that it is incredibly shakey. I didn't have rails, so that might make a difference, but I wonder if anyone has any idea if this is just image stabilization on the HC1?
David Delaney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series