Various questions Sony HC1 - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old April 1st, 2007, 12:46 PM   #166
Major Player

Did you change the focus on the lense during capture? I think it's the part between the 37mm filterring and the step up ring to 58mm or 72 mm that is the "poor" part. It's simply too big to sit steady. Try rails or something so that it's more stable.
Old April 18th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #167
Trustee

Best way to hook HC1 to a monitor?

I am in the process of hooking my HC1 to an external monitor that has an 1/8 stereo output - but when I tried to put a 1/8 stereo (monitor) to 1/8 stereo (HC1), nothing showed up. Is there a setting that I am missing in the camera I need to toggle? Does the 1/8 stereo need to be 'triple-band' to work?

Thanks
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #168
Trustee

Two things.

1) I assume you mean a 1/8 stereo *input* on the monitor? If so, is it triple-band - i.e. composite stereo pluscomposite video?

2) But more importantly, the video output on an HC1 does not come out of a 1/8 connector - both component and composite come out of proprietary d-shaped connectors on the left side of the camcorder.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2007, 09:59 PM   #169
Trustee

Excellent, I noticed that after trial and error. Thanks!
Old May 7th, 2007, 09:09 AM   #170
Major Player

hc1 &rode NT 55 mic

how well would the rode NT 55 work with the HC1? We have been struggling finding a small enough microphone which would be attached to the camera for run and gun dialogue with the HC1. We would be placing the mic on a bescor bracket aned I guess running a XLR to mini jack into the camera. Would you consider this a worth while setup. If not please give recommendations. This is for a one man shoot no boom operator just one guy 5 feet away from people talking. Thanks
John M. McCloskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #171
Major Player

If I were you I would get an NTG2. The NT55 is only omni or cardioid, while the NTG2 is super cardioid, which would probably be better for camera mounting. The NT55 is also phantom powered, and the HC1 doesn't have and XLR plugs, so you would have to get a (very expensive) phantom power module, such as the ones from Beachtek. The NTG2 is cheaper, and it runs on a AA battery. To connect it to an HC1 all you need is an XLR to mini-plug cable, a lot cheaper than a Beacktek DXA-6. B&H has a kit that includes a shock mount, XLR to mini-plug cable, and the NTG2.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2007, 12:23 PM   #172
Major Player

NTG2 will be the mic, have a machinist right now making a plate for the camera to adapt a tripod plate and a AT low profile microphone holder for the Mic. Will post pictures of the rig once we get it all together. It will also allow you to change tapes without having to unscrew the plate, should be a dream come true. THX
John M. McCloskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 03:58 PM   #173
Trustee

HC1 - Telemacro - anyone use it?

I was playing with the Telemacro button today on my HC1 and found that it really just zooms in close, right? Is this just easier than using the zoom rocker? The instruction say it will cancel when pressing it again, but I am not sure about that. I know it gets blurry on the way to it's full zoom though...
Old September 10th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #174
Major Player

It also allows focusing at much closer subjects, up to about 19 in. It yields some great close-ups. The only complaint I have about it is you can’t zoom out without loosing focus as the camera switches out of the tele macro mode. Even so, I love using the feature.

The links below are to some frame grabs of tele macro shots:

http://www.wilcoxvideoproductions.co...ndBugs/bug.jpg

http://www.wilcoxvideoproductions.co...%20fly%201.jpg

http://www.wilcoxvideoproductions.co.../Flora/fly.jpg

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series