Columbus, Ohio - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old May 15th, 2004, 07:03 PM   #16
Warden

I missed this thread for all the Buckeyes. It's good to see you all here and posting and welcome to DV Info. I'm originally from the Cleveland area (born and raised in Berea, Hi Linda) and graduated from Berea High School.

Thanks for the kind words about DV Info, Steve.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2004, 12:31 PM   #17
Tourist

Oxford Ohio here (Miami University)

I'm making music videos and video light shows using a GL2 and some Panasonic with After Effects, Motion, Final Cut Pro.
Old October 31st, 2004, 11:09 PM   #18
Regular Crew

I grew up in Chillicothe, Ohio but got out of there fast!
Scott Ellifritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2004, 07:07 PM   #19
New Boot

Another Columbus native here.

I'm shooting with a borrowed digi8 and editing in Premiere 6.5

If anyone is looking for an excuse to excercise their higher end dv cams I'm always available to provide some automotive action.

Having other more experienced people around to bounce ideas off of would be sweet.
Old December 6th, 2004, 10:16 PM   #20
Major Player

Akron Videographer

Akron area........ Using three PD-170's, adobe video collection professional, two sennheiser ew 500 evolution wireless kits, beachtek svu 2 meter, three bogen 503 heads, 522 remote pan handles, ME66 shotgun, Glidecam 4000 pro with forearm brace, three 35watt dimable frezzi micro fills, ext, ext.
John DeLuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2004, 01:24 AM   #21
Major Player

Springfield, OH... about 25 minutes from Columbus. Just bought a couple GL2's from the guy who posted right above :)

Hey John, I was wondering what you upgraded too, but I forgot to ask. I've been playing with the GL2's since I brought them home.

"Good taste is the enemy of creativity" - Picasso

Blog: http://www.tonyhall.name
Tony Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2004, 08:16 AM   #22
Major Player

Hey Tony,
Dayton here. I've got a GL-1, TRV900 and DVC80. Playing the field with all three brands.
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2004, 10:51 AM   #23
Major Player

Cool, I jump from brand to brand too, but I prefer Canon. It's awesome that there's so many locals on the board here. I'm working on a script that I want to shoot sometime next year. If anyone wants to drive to Springfield to help out they'll be welcome to.

Old December 7th, 2004, 11:45 AM   #24
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Tony Hall : I'm working on a script that I want to shoot sometime next year. If anyone wants to drive to Springfield to help out they'll be welcome to. -->>>

Hey guy, I'm always looking for opportunity's to learn new tricks, if you ever need a hand on a shoot deffinately give me a shout.

ansonivan at yahoo.com

Old December 7th, 2004, 07:12 PM   #25
Major Player

I will for sure...

Old December 7th, 2004, 10:33 PM   #26
Regular Crew

I'm available too and always willing to learn. Got a decent setup here in Dayton.
Jacob Ehrichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 08:07 AM   #27
Trustee

Hello John,
Sean McHenry also from Columbus here (actually, Hilliard). Been in broadcasting for over 16 years, Engineer for a post house for 3 more and now in broadcast sales - yep, I get my gear at cost!

if you need anything, the folks on the various forums represent about 1000 years of knowledge. Take it all with a grain of salt as I know I have been wrong on issues before but there are some great debates going on all the time here. I have been taught a few new things in the short time I have been here and corrected some bad habits too.

We just had a doosey on setup levels. Should you camera be set at 0 IRE or 7.5 IRE...? You can follow the debate in another forum. What are the best shotgun mics for outdoor use...? It's inh the forums. What's the best tape type for an AG-DVX100a...? It's in the forums. It's all here someplace.

Be sure you also visit http://www.weeklydv.com

Make sure you do a search on any topics before you post and you will be a welcome addition to the group.

You can find my website in the footer and don't be shy. I haunt the PDX10 forum.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2004, 05:38 PM   #28
Regular Crew

Welcome

Hi

I used to work for Industrial Nucleonics in Colombus (30 years ago... I assume it still exists) . Visited there a numbrer of times on business. Nice place and I am sure lots of oportunities exist.
Martin
Martin Archer-Shee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2005, 08:42 AM   #29
New Boot

Akron Ohio

Hi everyone!

My business partner and I just recieved our XL2 last week. We have been doing video and sound production for our church for about 10 years now. We are in the process of landing 2 gigs that will take us about 7 weeks to film. After that, we will be starting a feautre film in March. If anyone would like to be involved with crew, (free obviously) let me know!

Mike,
MJdoubleD Entertainment
Director of Photography
Mike Lott Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:38 AM   #30
MicroDolly Hollywood

Formerly from Columbus

Now, I'm here in sunny California.

I work for MICRODOLLY HOLLYWOOD and I also shoot shorts with the SoCal Film Group -- we've made 30 shorts since '02 -- and we use the Panasonic DVX100 (2 of them, actually!)

I had to shovel some serious snow in Columbus this past Christmas... now I know why my rent is so high here in LA.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood