Columbus, Ohio - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 4th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #61
Regular Crew

cincinnati here ...looking a for a used pd150/170 or vx2100...any suggestions ? thanks

matt
Matthew Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 12:26 AM   #62
Regular Crew

I'm right along the Ohio river in Meigs county Ohio.

I went to the Recording Workshop in Chillicothe, Ohio and studied music production. They also touched a bit on adding audio to film which included foley.
Ben Dailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:56 AM   #63
Major Player

I Toured the Recording Workshop

Ben,
Right out of high school, about 10 years ago, I went down to Chillicothe and took a tour of The Recording Workshop. I didn't have the scratch to attend at the time, but it was neat. And they had these little cabins that you could rent and stay in.

I also went down to Florida the following year and checked out Full Sail. I was way into music and audio then, well now too, but moreso video.

Anywho, welcome.
Will Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #64
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Mahoney View Post
Ben,
Right out of high school, about 10 years ago, I went down to Chillicothe and took a tour of The Recording Workshop. I didn't have the scratch to attend at the time, but it was neat. And they had these little cabins that you could rent and stay in.
I stayed in one of those cabins. :)
Old March 18th, 2008, 06:35 AM   #65
New Boot

A Buckeye fan up in Toledo Ohio

Just wanted to say Hi from northwest Ohio. I've had my Sony FX-7 for almost a year now and absolutely love it. I've been doing a lot of shooting of high school football games, wrestling tournaments, and most recently, the annual musical ('Fiddler on the Roof'). A couple more years and my youngest will be graduated and I want to start looking at expanding into oral history and maybe even documentary work. Does anyone know of any decent workshops in the Ohio/Michigan/Indiana area that would be a good starting point for learning the basics of filming a documentary. I have seen that VideoMaker magazine has one in Chico CA, but the airfare would make that a little pricey. I did see a 4 day documentary workshop in Bethlehem PA, but would like something a little closer. Any ideas? Thanks!
Mark Schreuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2008, 08:42 PM   #66
Regular Crew

Hello from Malvern. About 30 mins SE of Canton. I shoot mostly weddings and some corporate work. I am planning on shoot a small doc on a local organic farm soon.
Old April 20th, 2008, 06:04 PM   #67
Tourist

Hey, I'm from the Akron area - my high school just purchased loads of great wireless and shotgun mics, tripods, dollies, greenscreens, etc. As well as 2 Sony HDV cameras and a Canon XL2. I'm looking to attend Ohio University or the like - anything with a video production class. Any suggestions?
Ryan Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #68
Major Player

Welcome, fellow Ohioans! Jump in and join the fun. I'm up in Cleveland and shoot with a Canon XH-A1. I use Adobe Premier Elements to edit.
Will Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #69
Regular Crew

Ohio University

Ryan, I am a freshman at OU and I love it. I am in the video production sequence of the School of Media Arts and Studies (formerly TCOMM). It is a great school, and it is very easy to get involved and be on set or on air from the day you get here. I went from being assistant camera my first quarter to being DP for a drama show by my third quarter. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.
I shoot with a sony V1U and i own a glidecam and a homemade dolly. I edit with FCP and Motion. Anyone shooting any projects in columbus area looking for grip/gaff/pa assistance over the summer?
Old May 1st, 2008, 04:10 PM   #70
Tourist

Thanks for the reply, Jeff. Basically I am looking for in depth info on the class structure, projects, availability of equipment, and any other video extracurriculars at OU or other colleges in the general area with Video Production classes.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood