Columbus, Ohio - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old February 24th, 2005, 12:30 PM   #31
Trustee

Tim,
What did you do here? I went to West High, was SR. Class Pres at Fort Hayes (Radio and Television Production) put in some time at DeVry, Ohio State (Photography) and even Columbus State.

Worked for WCMH (NBC OnO) for 16 years, Engineer at SOS Productions for 3 years, now selling broadcast gear, Avid, etc at a local place and have my own post work.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2005, 02:29 PM   #32
MicroDolly Hollywood

I went to Northland High, then graduated from Otterbein College up in Westerville. Didn't do any industry stuff until I moved out here in '95.

I've been learning on-the-fly ever since. There isn't a job on a set that I haven't done at this point, from writing, directing, to editing (strongly recommend FCP4) and even craft services :)

I came to work at MICRODOLLY after being an owner of the equipment (when I found out they were hiring, I jumped at the chance.)
Old February 26th, 2005, 01:43 PM   #33
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Tim,

Please say hi to Jerry for me. I see him all the time at the major industry trade shows. Thanks for joining us,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:26 PM   #34
Major Player

Another (Akron) Ohioan

Kevin Kimmell here.

I live in Akron, Ohio but bounce all over the state to film bands. Columbus and Cleveland are my most frequent stops but when the festivals start, I am all over the heartland.

I shoot with a GL2 and my partner (another Ohioan down near Zanesville) shoots with a GL1. We edit in Vegas, Premiere, and Final Cut. I also recently picked up a Pano PV-GS15 as a third camera for our shoots.

If any of you Ohio people want to get involved with shooting live music, we are always looking for another camera angle. We still haven't started making money but every shoot we learn something new.

-Kevin
Kevin Kimmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 02:47 PM   #35
Major Player

Well,
if you're down here in Dayton send me a message. If I'm available, I'll help out. I have a Panasonic DVC-80 and a GL-1.

David
David Stoneburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 02:32 PM   #36
Major Player

New to the Columbus Video Scene

Hello all,
I'm fairly new to both the board and the Columbus, Oh video scene. I also see that this thread has been dormant for over a year, so I hope that some of the posters are still on the board.

I'm in the process trying to turn this into a job as well as a hobby. My goal is to shoot documentary style fundraising videos for non-profits as well as any other work that I feel I can accomplish. I'm shooting with a Canon Xl2 (Recently purchased and still learning the intricacies) and a couple of older Sony cams (DCR-TRV11). I also have a wireless lav and a small light setup (for interviews).

I often wonder if there are any other folks out there to toss around ideas with and perhaps get together and shoot. I hope I get a couple of replies...

Thanks,
Kevin
Old November 6th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #37
Major Player

Hey Kevin,
Welcome to the boards. I try to check the boards at least 4 times a week. I'm always up to working on interesting projects if I'm a available. With my full-time job, 1 teenager, 1 pre-teen and a dog, I don't get a lot of extra time.
Old November 6th, 2006, 01:06 PM   #38
Major Player

Thanks David...

I'll keep that in mind. Sounds like you've got your hands full, but schedules and things sometimes line up on there own...

Also, please keep me in mind if your doing anything that I could help out with. As we all do, I often wear many hats - Camera Operator, Light Rigger, Step-and-Fetch-It, Lifter of Heavy Objects, etc...

Kevin
Old November 6th, 2006, 03:42 PM   #39
Major Player

Ok will do.
Old November 14th, 2006, 10:17 PM   #40
Major Player

Anybody else around?

Just thought I'd bump this thread and see if there were any other people that were still active on the board from Ohio.

Thanks,
Kevin
Old November 14th, 2006, 11:54 PM   #41
Regular Crew

I'm still here. Not much new on my end, still looking out for fun ideas to put to tape. Just shot a quick project for some friends. 2 lectures, back to back, 30 minutes each. Dumping straight to DVD as it's for coursework and no editing allowed. :)
Jacob Ehrichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #42
Trustee

Still here...been here a long long time. In Columbus that is. Check my profile for details. I will say I have moved on a bit from DV to Super 8 film and am now spending quite a bit of time on cinematography.com in the Super 8 section of their forums.

You can catch some of the local shorts I have done on my web page.

Spent 16+ years at CH 4 (WCMH), 3 as the Engineer for SOS Productions, 3 years in broadcast equipment sales with Industrial Video and now am Engineering at Mills James Productions.

Ozzy and Scott and other Cow-lumbus-ites. Been a while. Check out my web site.

See you all around the boards.

Sean McHenry

Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2006, 03:15 PM   #43
New Boot

Me too!

Hey all...I'm in the Lancaster area but end up doing work all over the place. I have my own production company (http://echopro.net - not at all updated right now) that does all kinds of stuff (MVs, indie film, corporate gigs, TV, docs, freelance camera, etc). Upgraded to an HVX package a couple months ago.
Mike McNeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2006, 11:23 PM   #44
Major Player

From Zanesville, OHIO, baby... representin' Zanesville. JVC GYHD110. Hollllllaaaaaa.
Old December 4th, 2006, 10:13 PM   #45
Regular Crew

I am from Reynoldsburg (just east of Columbus) Glad to see that there are so many people around from Ohio. you can find out a bit about a future project of mine at my web page: www.jamar-studios.com
Jamie Varney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood