Columbus, Ohio - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

These Are the People in Your Neighborhood
Introduce yourself! Who you are, what you're doing & using.

Old January 10th, 2007, 04:28 PM   #46
New Boot

From Cincinnati, OH.

Joined because we just recently bought a Canon XH A1 here at work and this seemed to be a great resource of information. Exciting to dig my hands and get to know this camera well. Our company, http://www.architechnology.com typically does architectural animations and web design. Site is in the middle of a redesign/update. We're looking to broaden into the video realm.

Cheers!
Kevin Bayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #47
Major Player

Glad to see another Ohioan here on the board. Good to have you, Kevin...
Old January 12th, 2007, 07:31 AM   #48
Trustee

Hey, I've been around here since 98 when I got my XL1 but my user ID had to get reset in 2004. I'm an Ohioan too....Canal Fulton if you have ever heard of it. It's abouit 7 miles west of Canton and 10 miles south of Akron. Cool little town....just moved here from Warren/Youngstown area. Looking to pick up some weddings this year to help cover the costs of moving.

My personal interests are indelendent films and commercial apps.....but a few weddings here and there help pay for the cool equipment that I otherwise couldn't justifiy.

Looking for others in the Akron/Canton area doing the same to network with and help on similar projects.

Peace!
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 08:18 AM   #49
Regular Crew

Hello all! I from Hebron Ohio 25 miles East of Columbus, I am part owner of a video production company. We produce a T.V. show that runs on Insight Cable in Columbus and we sell a DVD. We have been around for about 3 years. We use 2- GL2’s and 1 VX2100. Edit with Vegas 6.0. Rode shotgun microphones plus tripods and so on, one nice thing we just got was a Dillon Super Arm. We are working on our new DVD to be out in March! Feel free to check out our website www.thewildlifeonline.com. Thanks, and I can’t wait to put some video up for you to look at.
Matt Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 01:41 PM   #50
Regular Crew

Marty, you're not too far from my wife and me. We've been working on an independent feature length movie, shooting around the New Philledelphia and Akron areas. We've only got an XL1s however and are borrowing lights from a friend of the director. We're about 2/3 done with principal photography and are beginning some of the post production soon.

Interesting to see so many people from Ohio here.
Old January 16th, 2007, 10:46 AM   #51
Major Player

Marty & Chris,

I'm in the Akron area and have been shooting all around Ohio and a few other places as well. I run a Canon XH A1 and a GL2 and my partner runs a GL1. We have primarily shot live music performances and are selling some merchandise through the bands we've shot but we also have shot weddings, mountain biking events, as well as some other random oddities.

Good to see some others in the area.

-Kevin
Kevin Kimmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 03:55 PM   #52
Major Player

Hello, filmmaker here from Zanesville, OH... I'm about an hour drive away from Columbus. I'm shooting a pretty large scale short in April. I'm running with the jvc hd110. If anybody has an hd110, and would like to make this a two camera shoot... that'd be amazing. I'm always up for collaborating and lending out my gear to Ohio filmmakers. Take it easy, Ohioans.
Old February 19th, 2007, 06:56 PM   #53
Tourist

Zanesville

Douglas, we're probably related somehow, my mom was a Joseph and I'm from Zanesville. Big Lebanese community there, ay. I even worked at WHIZ for a year. I work in Minneapolis now. I was at a production house for the past two years doing mainly variety shows in the outdoors genre. Now I'm doing some freelancing and can't make my mind up on gear, but I'll be making a decision soon. I like the JVC as well.
So Zanesville is doubly represented. How's the Y-bridge holding up?

Cy
Cy Dodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2007, 08:16 AM   #54
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy Dodson
I'm from Zanesville. I even worked at WHIZ for a year.
Did Tom German still work at the Whiz when you were there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cy Dodson
So Zanesville is doubly represented. How's the Y-bridge holding up?
Not to answer for him but when I drove over it about two weeks ago there didn't appear to be any more cracks than the last time. My production partner lived in East Fultonham and I went to school at Muskingum so I've kicked around Z-town a good bit myself.

-Kevin
Kevin Kimmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 10:44 PM   #55
New Boot

JVC HD100 here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Joseph View Post
Hello, filmmaker here from Zanesville, OH... I'm about an hour drive away from Columbus. I'm shooting a pretty large scale short in April. I'm running with the jvc hd110. If anybody has an hd110, and would like to make this a two camera shoot... that'd be amazing. I'm always up for collaborating and lending out my gear to Ohio filmmakers. Take it easy, Ohioans.
Good to see so many ohio filmmakers here. Doug - I've got a HD100, if you still need a second camera or just want to network drop me a e-mail. Visit www.gilwhitney.com for contact info. -- later - gw
Gil Whitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:19 PM   #56
Tourist

Hi fellow buckeye filmmakers,

I'm from Mansfield, but go to school at OSU Columbus. I really want to get into film making, I am currently studying for my FCP level 1 cert and trying to do as much editing as I can. Unfortunately I don't own a camera currently other than a 400$ DVcam.

If anyone around OSU or Mansfield ever needs a helping hand, just drop me a line. I want to learn as much as possible about my passion.

Han.
Han Nafets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2007, 04:28 PM   #57
Tourist

Another Columbus Upstart

Hello folks - Just joined the site - though have benefitted from the collective wisdom for some months now. I am fairly new to video production which has not stopped me from throwing a fair amount of resources at this wonderful obsession of ours. It seems I entered the pool on the Sony side with a couple of HDV cams (Z1U and HC5) along with requisite gear and have been putting myself through the paces of Vegas 7. I am interested in meeting others with complimentary interests and skill sets to better advance my interest in crafting an avocation out of this otherwise pricey hobby. My interests are primarily commercial in nature (corporate/promotional) initially with an eye toward more creative and social/educational efforts over time. Feel free to email if you would care to discuss further.

Regards, Andrew
Andrew Whapham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 06:28 AM   #58
Regular Crew

Welcome to the world of Video. Columbus has an active indie movement. Check out www.ohiofilmandvideo.com and there's a yahoo group called Columbus Movie Club to network with Central Ohio filmmakers.

Scott
IMDB listing: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0817387/
Scott Spears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #59
New Boot

Soft City Lights: Cincinnati Documentaries Website

Hey folks,

I also posted this in the XH-A1 thread. Sorry if posting twice isn't allowed.

I've started a website at www.softcitylights.com that is basically mini-documentaries featuring Cincinnati based artists and musicians. I've put the first one online including a download in 720p. Check it out if you can and I'd love any feedback you might have. And let me know if any wants to help participate or has any ideas. This is all an experiment.

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin Bayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #60
Major Player

Hello from Cleveland!

Greeings from Cleveland,

My company has been limping along on a ZR85 for the last 3 years and I just got budget approval to purchase an XL2. I'm psyched!

I do product information and installation videos for StylinTrucks.com, an aftermarket truck accessory retailer in Independence, OH. I also cover our annual truck show, so that's a pretty cool thing to video and put together.

I'll have an XL2 soon and will need to shoot a lot to really learn the camera. If anyone in Cleveland doesn't mind a noob running a second camera and wants to add me in as a second shooter, hit me up.

I'm really interested in trying to cover some local bands/musical acts, plus the Cleveland International Auto Show is coming up in March and I want to "cover" that event too.

Ok, you've gathered by now that I'm long-winded. Deal with it. :)

Will
Will Mahoney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > These Are the People in Your Neighborhood