JVC Pro HD and Adobe Premiere Pro - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 6th, 2006, 06:27 AM   #61
New Boot

Thanks Daniel I will call you when I get off of work for my day job.
And Diogo...I will look into the windows drivers issues as well.
David Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 10:17 AM   #62
Regular Crew

Capturing in Premiere Pro 2, with GY-HD100U "A"

Hello Dvinfo community,

My question is regarding a problem I’m having with Capturing HDV video clips in Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0, using the JVC GY-HD100U “A” version.

The video clips I’m capturing are in 24p HDV and 30p HDV. I’m using an updated version of Windows XP, and a Radeon x850 xt pe graphics card, with the latest Catalyst drivers for it. I’m using the firewire from the cam to the firewire on my motherboard (asus p4c800 deluxe mobo).

I can’t preview the video on my CRT monitor while the capture is in process. All I see on the screen in Premiere Pro 2.0 are the words… “Capturing…” with a black background behind it. In order to actually see the video I’m capturing during the capturing process I have to use the tiny LCD screen on the camera. Which is functional, but not very fun to do. However, I can see a preview in Premiere when I use a little DV cam I bought about 6 years ago (Sony TRV320).

I think this must be a settings problem within Adobe Premiere Pro V2.0, but I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong.

I’m a noob by the way, so go easy on me. I’ve only had the camera for 2 weeks, and the program for even less than that… lol.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Michael Steeves
nfbshotmatch@hotmail.com
Michael Steeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 10:56 AM   #63
Tourist

Same here...

I have the same situation, but no answers.

Martin Wellhoefer
Martin Wellhoefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 01:17 PM   #64
Regular Crew

Do you have two monitors set up or just one? I know if may seem like a silly question, but I've had this happen in an ppro 1.5. if the capture window was on the the second monitor, I couldn't see anything... but when I moved it over to the first monitor I could. give it a try....
DJ Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 07:59 AM   #65
Regular Crew

Hello DJ,
No, I only have the one monitor hooked up to my computer, and it's selected as the primary monitor in the display section of my properties.
Thanks
Michael
Michael Steeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #66
Major Player

One step backwards....

Having worked with PP2 for some time now, I have never found any way to get it to display video in the capture window while capturing. It does play video there while searching (playing or shuttling) but once you hit the capture button, it sends the picture to the external monitor.

If there is no picture in the capture window, why even have it? And to add to the aggravation, of course PP 1.5 did display there during capture.

Hopefully there are two steps forward somewhere to make up for this one step backward.

Tip
Tip McPartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 12:02 AM   #67
New Boot

Capturing HDV

Hey there,
No you can't preview the footage in the capture window while capurting, that would take too much processing power. What you can do, is connect your camera's component outputs to the CRT monitor for previewing while capturing. If it's a standard resolution monitor just go into the camera's menus and change the output resolution from "Native" to 480I (US) or PAL (EU) so that you get a down convert, that way you can watch the camera outputting on your monitor while capturing, it's the only way for now

Ben Jehoshua
www.imagelinemedia.com
Ben Jehoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 12:08 AM   #68
Major Player

One question on HD100 recording ?

Hi, I wish to know can I record in 24p in DV mode on HD100 where by I can get the slight juddery film motion/look/feel in recording & can also edit on Stardard Editing machi9nes like on Matrox RTx100 systems in Prem 6.5 & then finally burn DVDs of the events. I am an event videographer & was curious to buy a HD100 to get better 16:9 filmy video.

Looking for insight on the subject.
Old May 10th, 2006, 05:52 AM   #69
Major Player

Looking out for answers .....
Old May 10th, 2006, 07:17 AM   #70
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankim Jain
Hi, I wish to know can I record in 24p in DV mode on HD100
Yes- you can record 24p or 24p"a" in standard def DV mode on the HD100 if you choose.
Jake Strickbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #71
Major Player

Hi Again, Is there any newver update to HD100 cming out soon as I am in process to order One very soon so i better wait & watch if any new varient is on its way !!!
Old May 10th, 2006, 12:41 PM   #72
Regular Crew

2 new upgrade models are coming in Oct 2006
Here is a chart to show differences.
http://www.snipurl.com/jvccomparison
Old May 10th, 2006, 02:36 PM   #73
Major Player

Hey RAM.

Thx, seems like HD250 would become my choice esp cox of the inbuilt sturdy AB mount ... i will be able to use my FS3 in SD mode recording.

Well i have to save & wait a bit more to earn this camera !!!

Still I feel paying the double amount for an inbuilt AB Mount & few other 60p capabilities (NTSC) or 50p (PAL) is way too much ... :(

Last edited by Bankim Jain; May 10th, 2006 at 11:26 PM.
Bankim Jain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #74
Major Player

HD 24p Premiere Pro 2 into Encore 2 DVD work flow

Hi All,
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post, sorry if it's OT....

Using the JVC hd 100, I am looking for info about shooting in HD24p for DVD publishing using Adobe Video Suite.
Mostly I need to know if this is possible. I need to publish in SD 24p 16:9 now, and when HD DVD is available re-publish in HD 24p.

Or should I stay away from the 24p and shoot in 30p? I really like the slower frame rate for this project so if there is anyway to get the 24p onto DVD I am interested in the work flow.

Any help would be great, this is my first project with the camera and I don't want to end up with footage I can't publish to DVD using Adobe software.

Thank you for your time,
Jon
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2006, 12:04 AM   #75
Major Player

Jon,

We do it on a regular basis with the HD100 and Premiere Pro 2. 24P editing in both SD and HD works fine, and DVD authoring in SD 24P also works as it should.

Peace!
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite