JVC Pro HD and Adobe Premiere Pro - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 9th, 2006, 01:21 AM   #76
Major Player

Hi Daniel,
I'm a little fuzzy with your reply.
Can I shoot/edit in HD 24p (AspectHD codex), then transcode to SD 24p 16:9 for the DVD? Do I transcode in Ppro 2 or Encore 2?
Right now I'm using Ppro 1.5 with AspectHD for capture, but plan on upgrading to Ppro2 and Encore DVD 2 for the project.
Thanks again for your time,
Jon
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2006, 02:43 AM   #77
Major Player

Jon,

The workflow you mentioned will work perfectly. You can transcode either in PPro using Adobe Media Encoder or in Encore.

best regards
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2006, 10:22 AM   #78
Major Player

Great, thanks!
One less thing to worry about :-)
Jon
Old September 4th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #79
Major Player

HDV down conversion via Premiere Pro 1.5

...is this possible?
Not a major issue as I will soon migrate to FCP on a mac (currently awaiting any possible iMac upgrade over the next couple of weeks). However, in the meantime it would be nice to know I could shoot some HDV (25p) and down convert it using this program (as far as I'm aware you cannot down convert from the camera itself?).
Sorry if this has already been covered...I've searched back a few pages and nothing was apparent.

Many thanks.
David Scattergood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #80
Major Player

Yes, you can.
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 12:55 PM   #81
Major Player

Cheers. I've just read up a little and it appears I may have to upgrade 1.5...then purchase an add on HD program, unless that is for strictly editing HDV footage (which I'm not to fussed about at the moment)...or is 'yes, you can' relating to downconverting from the camera itself?

Thanks.
Old September 4th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #82
Major Player

Yes from Premier, and no not directly from the camera. ;)

And yes again, you are correct that you will need something (like Cineform's Aspect HD) to work with the footage as HD in Premiere. Edit everything as HD and when done editing simply choose an SD format for the export with a pixel aspect ratio of 1.2 (widescreen).
RED ONE #977
Daniel Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2006, 03:12 AM   #83
Major Player

Thanks Daniel.
I suspected I may have to purchase add ons for my version of Premiere...I guess it's not worth as later this month I'm 'migrating' to a mac using FCP.
Shame about the camera not down converting mind!
Cheers
Dave.
Old September 5th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #84
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Patton
Yes from Premier, and no not directly from the camera. ;)

And yes again, you are correct that you will need something (like Cineform's Aspect HD) to work with the footage as HD in Premiere. Edit everything as HD and when done editing simply choose an SD format for the export with a pixel aspect ratio of 1.2 (widescreen).

Actually Premeire 1.51 upgrades Premiere Pro to HDV capture, using the Cineform codec as the intermediate capture codec. You edit in that, and then down convert from there. 2.0 uses "native capture" and editing, but Cineform Aspect is recommended by most for reducing load on system, and superior editing and color handling.
Old September 5th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #85
Major Player

Aspect HD edits like SD DV in PPro2 and for my needs has the plugins I use most, Cross Dissolve, Color Adjustment, Speed, all in RT.
But I too will be moving onto a mac using FCP soon.
Old September 13th, 2006, 12:43 PM   #86
New Boot

BR-HD50 and Premiere 1.5.1

Has anyone been able to succesfully BATCH capture from a JVC BR-HD50 via IEEE1394 with Premiere 1.5.1? While our system will free capture from the deck it will not correctly control it for batch capture. I did have the firmware upgraded to 1.05 but the results were the same.

Premiere can't seem to bring the deck back into search mode from a dead stop. If I manually bring it to still mode or play while trying to batch capture Premiere will grab control, cue it and begin the capture. However, the capture duration remains at 0 during recording and more often than not misses the out point.

Even more strange is that I am able to batch capture from our JVC GY-HD100u via IEEE1394 cameras flawlessly.

Anyone have insight on this problem?

Thanks,
Jeff Schaap
Red Letter Productions
Adrian, Michigan
Jeff Schaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #87
New Boot

Audio Looping Problem in Premiere Pro 2

Looking for help with a problem. Am capturing HDV from my HD100 into Premiere Pro 2 using the JVCHDPro codec (not Aspect). Video captures fine, but the audio runs for about a minute and a half and then goes into a loop (about 1.5 minute loop) for the rest of the capture. Anyone experience this? Any suggestions? My system: Pentium D 3.0 Ghz dual, 7800 video card, 2 GB RAM, 580 GB of hard drives, OS is XP Pro. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!
Max.
Max Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2006, 06:54 AM   #88
New Boot

Solved!

I just wanted to post that I FINALLY was able to resolve this problem and it turned out to be something very simple. For whatever reason, the INPUT switch (not the IEEE siwtch) on the front panel has to be in the "HDV/DV" input position in order for the deck to correctly be controlled by Premiere. WHO KNEW?
Jeff Schaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:14 AM   #89
Regular Crew

Direct to disk on underpowered Premiere Pro 2.0 system

Hey all, I want to start out by thanking Mr. Dashwood, Mr. Noe, and Mr. Ciccone for their wonderful thread on scene files. We're finally getting the opportunity to use them and the guide and articles written by you three were an amazing help.

But beyond that, we're gearing up for a commercial shoot in which I would like to attempt doing a direct to disk capture. I believe it will be an unfortunate necessity because the commercial will be playing on the local Comcast channel which has a bad time of not setting standards for what they broadcast. So I was hoping I could salvage as much of the integrity of the picture by capturing it uncompressed.

The problem there is our main editing platform is now 5 years old and sorely underpowered. We're stuck with the machine for a while longer until we're able to pay off our first equipment purchase debt and we don't have the funds right now to buy a program like DV Rack. (The system is a P4 2.26ghz, 1 gig RDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 @ 128 mb, running Adobe Production Bundle.)

So my question is: is there a cheap (free, if possible) alternative to capturing direct to disk on this antiquated system? Something I can download?

Another alternative is that my partner has a personal laptop that runs FC 5.x.x, through which we'd be able to edit HDV, but again we'd need a cheap/free solution to capture uncompressed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:56 AM   #90
Major Player

I don't know if this would work for you....

I use dvrack (hdvrack I guess more accurately) and it will capture Mpeg2 files to the hard drive. Maybe you could download the trial version?
Dennis Stevens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite