DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/688-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2004-a.html)

Shayne Ramirez March 28th, 2004 07:25 PM

Hardware Overlay

Funny when I tried the demo, my impression was it was the sharpest looking overlay I've ever seen. I don't know if it's hardware based anymore. Is that your problem? If you are doing anything that needs color correcting or motion graphics, you gotta be checking it on NTSC. It would probably even be a much better workflow anyways to edit it up without filters and such, then once done, add the filters as the last step, while running it through your cam, hopefully for a short time.

Andrew Cleary March 29th, 2004 07:18 AM

24p Capturing Problems In Ppro

when i try to capture footage, i drop a whole lot of frames. just wondering if there are settings that i should be using.

Brad Carter March 29th, 2004 07:31 AM

Natural light, DVCAM.

Rob Lohman March 29th, 2004 11:20 AM

This only happens when you capture 24p footage? Not with
normal 30 fps footage?

I'm not sure whether PPro actually supports 24p capture. IF
it supports it, it will only do this with a 24p camera. Not with a
"normal" camera. Again, I'm not sure PPro supports 24p editing.

Ed Smith March 29th, 2004 11:56 AM

As far as I am aware of the release version of PP does not support 24p. As 24p is becoming increasingly popular I would expect Adobe to support it in a 'patch' for PP. From reading Adobes forum thats the 'message' i'm getting.

Andrew incidently what settings are you using at the moment?

I don't use 24p, so am slightly unsure.

Theres a whole thread about it here:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/w...fd.0@.2ccef537

Thanks,

Ed

David Hurdon March 29th, 2004 02:36 PM

Is it possible you have the field order reversed? Given that you're seeing it in other projects it sounds like it could be a settings issue and field order would be something to check when you see edge flicker.

David Hurdon

Jon Kamps March 29th, 2004 05:23 PM

Adobe Premier Pro on Win2k

ok got a system that I would like to update to Pro. its currently got 6.0 on it. anyone sucessfully get Premier pro to run under Premier Pro??

also how well does it run on lower spec systems

P3 933
256mb ram (most likely will add another 512mb
Matrox G450 Graphics Card

Zack Birlew March 29th, 2004 06:11 PM

Heheh....dude, Premiere Pro is Windows XP only and it absolutely will down right suck with lower spec systems. I think 2ghz is the minimum requirement on the box isn't it?

Glenn Chan March 29th, 2004 07:10 PM

You can try the demo for it, as well as Vegas (runs very well on weak systems), Edius, Edition, Avid Free DV, etc.

Chris Thiele March 29th, 2004 07:24 PM

Ron,
Thanks for your post!!!
I was getting very frutrated trying to work out why I wasn't capturing the second channel. Yes it recorded at 48k both channels, but I couldn't capture both.
Tried 32k and hey presto, both now are captured.
The only problem is I want to record with 48k - one of the reasons I bought the PDX10, for its ability to record audio well.
Tried scenalyzer (spelt with a Z, had probs finding it at first) and the footage recorded at 48k was captured perfectly with this program. 48k does give ssooo much better audio.
This is a significant problem that the PDX10 has.
Now I have to buy extra software to solve Sony's fault.
But thanks again Ron - at least you provided a satisfactory solution.

Rob Lohman March 30th, 2004 02:46 AM

PPro is XP only. Sorry.

Johnny Cheung March 30th, 2004 02:57 AM

problem with photo montage on premiere pro

When I started the new project, I accdientally picked square pixels 1.0 as the pixel aspect ratio in the general setting, then when i am done and exported the video, i noticed that the pics are all compressed (distorted) a little bit, but there is no way I could change the pixel aspect ratio in the general setting....so is there any way to fix it? coz i really dont want to start it all over again.... thnx

Ed Smith March 30th, 2004 02:58 AM

Hi Jon,

Your hardware specs meets the minium requirements you will need to upgrade to win XP. I recommend you upgrade to something that is a bit more powerful.

Heres the spec from adobes website:

Intel® Pentium® III 800MHz processor (Pentium 4 3.06 GHz recommended)

Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional or Home Edition with Service Pack 1

256MB of RAM installed (1GB or more recommended)

800MB of available hard-disk space for installation

Microsoft DirectX-compatible sound card (multichannel ASIO-compatible sound card for surround sound support recommended)

CD-ROM drive

Compatible DVD recorder (DVD-R/RW+R/RW) is required for Export to DVD

1,224x768 32-bit color video display adapter (1280x1024 or dual monitors recommended)

For DV: OHCI-compatible IEEE 1394 interface, and dedicated large capacity 7200RPM UDMA 66 IDE or SCSI hard disk or disk array

For third-party capture cards: Adobe Premiere Pro certified capture card

Optional: ASIO audio hardware device; surround speaker system for 5.1 audio playback

Arnaldo Paixao March 30th, 2004 03:28 AM

Forget it. You will be waisting your time trying to run Premiere Pro in your PC. Premiere 6.5 will run ok. I have both of them and tried them in low and high spec machines.

I have Premiere 6.5 + Win XP Pro in a Pentium3/700Mhz notebook with only 128M of RAM and it works very well.

Best regards,
Arnaldo

Brad Carter March 30th, 2004 06:02 AM

No. I experimented with reversing the order and tying no fields. I have been working too much overtime at my regular job and haven't had time to do more testing. I found this problem on two other forums just this week so there must be somebody who had it and knows what it is. I'm a video engineer and never saw it in my television broadcast experience, so I'm leaning towards the compression thing. I upgraded to pro and I'm restarting the project and will export a new version in a few days. Maybe by then somebody else who had experience with the issue will chime in.

thanks