DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/688-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2004-a.html)

Matthew de Jongh February 2nd, 2004 11:17 AM

get a copy of the classroom in a book tutorial from adobe, it has an exercise on how to do exactly this.

matthew

Adam Brennan February 2nd, 2004 02:29 PM

What is availble for the premiere pro set up?

Rob Lohman February 3rd, 2004 04:52 PM

Checkout the Adobe Premiere Pro section. Answers should be in the what's new and in depth categories.

Anthony Claudia February 3rd, 2004 05:22 PM

Matthew,

A little OT:

Are there any other good books on Premiere Pro (or nle in general) that you would recommend. I find the included user manuals very drab.

Thanks,
AC

Matthew de Jongh February 3rd, 2004 06:27 PM

there aren't very many (any?) others out yet.

amazon lists a few as pending, but i haven't seen any others yet.

i have found the classroom in a book series generally at least helpful.

matthew

Owen Brazas February 4th, 2004 12:15 PM

Premiere 6.5 mpeg2 with no audio?

I am using premiere 6.5 to make a short 8min clip into an mpeg2 for dvd burning, for some reason I get no audio. Everything is straight forward, nothing fancy...I have messed with the options some and still no go, any help? The footage is from mini dv (xl1) and shot in 16:9.Thanks

Anthony Claudia February 4th, 2004 01:19 PM

When you import the footage, do you have both the audio and video options checked?

I think in 6.5, the icons are on the bottom left of the import screen....when audio is turned off, for instance, it will have a red diagonal line through the icon.

John Britt February 4th, 2004 01:39 PM

For some types of DVD-compliant export (such as .m2v files), Premiere 6.5 creates a separate .wav file that holds all the audio information. If you try to watch the video file alone, you will not hear the audio.

When you import the .m2v (or .mpg2) file into a DVD authoring program such as MyDVD, usually the .wav file automatically imports as well. Perhaps you need to import the .wav file manually into your DVD authoring program.

What sort of file is Premiere creating for you -- mpg or m2v? How are you viewing this file when you don't hear the audio? Can you find a .wav file with the same filename as your video file?

Anthony Claudia February 4th, 2004 01:52 PM

Oh, sorry Owen. I thought you were having trouble importing the clip with audio from the minidv.

John is right, you probably have a seperate audio file.

Joe Cinquina February 5th, 2004 11:23 AM

Problems previewing rendered timeline on DV CAM in Premiere PRO

For the life of me I can not get this to work. I have a Canon GL2 connected through a Firewire cable. I then use the Composite or S-Video out from the camera to a NTSC monitor. This works in Premiere 6.5, but not in Premiere PRO. As I play the time line or scrub through it will not play on the camera. Only after I stop scrubbing or stop the play back will the frame where I stopped show on the camera. I have my "playback settings" set to "play video on DV hardware enabled" and "real-time playback" set to Play on desktop and DV hardware.

I have a P4 1.8 ghz with 512Mb to 7200 RPM 80gb drives and a 200gb firewire drive. The source video is stored on my firewire drives and my preview files are going to my 80 gb IDE drive.

Like I said, I have never had this problem in 6.5. Also I have noticed that un-rendered playback of the timeline in the output monitor window is very slow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe

Ong Wan Shu February 5th, 2004 07:10 PM

Getting Jpegs from my footage

hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question.

A few film festivals that I wanna send my film to require me to send still pictures of my film. I didn't manage to get any still pictures on set as my budget is too low and there are more things to worry on set.

If, say i want a certain scene/frame to be converted to Jpeg, or tiff to be printed out, how do I do that?

My NLE is Premiere Pro, edited in PAL format. Camera is DVX100, PAL version, shot in 25p mode.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Wan Shu

K. Forman February 5th, 2004 07:15 PM

I haven't used Pro yet, but I know you can still move to any frame in the timeline, and export>frame> then select jpeg.

Ryan Krga February 5th, 2004 11:12 PM

You just move the timeline marker over the part of the video that you want a still, then go to File>Export>Frame... I would export it as a bitmap, then take it into Photoshop and convert it into whatever format you please.

Jonathan Stanley February 6th, 2004 05:49 PM

I had some problems with the same thing. I am using the Matrox RTX100, so I just hooked my NTSC monitor up to the card via s-video, and its fine. but if i try to export through firewire during editing, wierd stuff happens...

Jonathan Stanley February 6th, 2004 05:54 PM

try total trainings dvds. they have a section on color correction.