DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/688-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2004-a.html)

Edward Troxel February 17th, 2004 08:44 PM

The only program I know of that captures into a Quicktime MOV file on a PC was EditDV/Cinestream.

Glenn Chan February 17th, 2004 08:52 PM

Scenalyzer will also do it I believe.

Not sure why you want to capture in QT though...

Bryan McCullough February 17th, 2004 10:01 PM

What window are you referring to?

Just about everything in Premiere can be resized and moved whereever you want it.

Though, I still can't imagine editing on a single monitor.

Ed Smith February 19th, 2004 09:08 AM

This is a known problem with all NLEs how ever some handle it better than others. An easy way around this is to a 2 frame fade at the end of 1 clip and the beginning of the other. This is made worse by the audio sample rate as Rob has mentioned and how loud/ busy the orginal source is.

hope this helps,

Ed

Chris Gordon February 19th, 2004 04:55 PM

Several questions about HDV editing/Adobe Premiere Pro

Two questions for anyone with some expertise and detailed answers:

1) What is the easiest and least expensive way to import the m2t files from the JVC HD camera into Adobe Premiere Pro? Aspect HD looks good but it's overkill (and too expensive) for simply moving the files into Premiere Pro. Can anyone suggest links to a good demuxing program that can accomplish this?

2) Does anyone have a process for reducing the chroma noise from the m2t footage in Premiere Pro WITHOUT having to buy a chroma noise filter plug in? (I know that Premiere Pro has a pretty decent color correction system.)

Thanks in advance!

-Chris Gordon

David Newman February 19th, 2004 07:00 PM

For users who don't need the real-time performance of Aspect HD, CineForm provides Connect HD. Connect HD's HDLink tool captures and converts (on the fly) from M2T into a robust AVI format. Edits can be performed on basically any PC package form Premiere Pro to VirtualDub. CineForm customers using Premiere are welcome to the chroma noise filter we have developed (beta version available of this filter.) This package is available for $499.

Peter Robert February 19th, 2004 07:21 PM

any other ways which cost less than $499?

David Newman February 19th, 2004 07:37 PM

Nothing that is as easy and as fast as the CineForm products. ;)

Rob Lohman February 20th, 2004 05:53 AM

I'm not sure if Premiere does this, but Vegas automatically does
a 1 or 2 frame (not sure which one) audio fade between audio
cuts to remove such issues. I've never had a audio problem thus
far in Vegas. Even when converting from 48 khz to 44.1 for CD
use.

Heath McKnight February 20th, 2004 08:55 AM

There are other solutions, like using the notorious JVC NLE software. But so far, CineForm has a lot of success.

Ulead has a plug-in that comes with their NLE.

heath

Tyler Gred February 22nd, 2004 07:42 PM

Digital Media Training vs. Total Training for Adobe...

Any one have any comments they'd like to share on either of these products? I am thinking about buying one and I am leaning toward the Digital Media Training simply due to cost. However in the Total Training looks to have a couple of more sections. One called "Working with Multi-Cam & “Bleach” Revisited". Is it worth the extra money to get that section? Is Total Training much more in depth that the extra money is worth it? I was also looking at getting the After Effects DVD from Digital Media Training. Is it worth the money? I asked this question in the Adobe forums, but thought I'd try here also. Any comments on either of these products will be most appreciated.

Course Overview for Total Training Premiere Pro

Course Overview for Digital Media Training

Chris Gordon February 23rd, 2004 01:23 AM

Found a temporary solution

I imported the files from my camera using the JVC HD capture utility... then opened the files using the Moonlight-Elecard MPEG player... I then trimmed one frame off each file, which allowed me to resave the files in MPEG2 format... then created a 1280 X 720 square pixel project in Adobe Premiere Pro.... then imported the MPEG2 files into Premiere Pro.

I could view the files in real-time in the source monitor, but of course I had to render the sequence to be able to see it play. The biggest pain is having to render the final sequence to see any changes that I had made to it.

For output, I encoded the sequence into a Windows Media 9 file. I could notice a slight loss of quality when I played the files in my HD Plasma, but the quality is still HD. (There is more pixelation and artifacting.) I had to export in 720 24p because I didn't see a setting for 720 30p in the WMP9 encoder.

I will probably break down and eventually pony up the $1K+ for Aspect HD for Premiere Pro because of the Real-Time features and the "visually lossless" quality of the output. (Can't afford it after buying the camera, the laptop and the HD Plasma TV in the same month.) But for now, the $20 moonlight elecard software and long render times will have to do.

-Chris Gordon

JVC HD Camera with Win XP 3GHz-HT Laptop.

Peter Robert February 23rd, 2004 01:33 AM

hi gordon,

did you try to encode the timeline to mpeg2 720 30p by the mainconcept which was builtin premiere pro? then you could use vlc to convert the mpg file to ts file. with ts file, you can export it to hd1 or d-vhs recorder. the quality is good.

Mark Jefferson February 23rd, 2004 10:05 AM

Before spending all that money, you should check out www.wrigleyvideo.com. Excellent tutorials, all free. The Forum is really helpful there (I'm slakrboy).

I've learned everything I know about Premiere there, and I think I know that product very well. The link is:

www.wrigleyvideo.com

Cheers,
mark Jefferson

Tyler Gred February 23rd, 2004 10:08 AM

Thank you I will check this out.