DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/688-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2004-a.html)

Mike Zorger January 5th, 2004 08:00 AM

exporting out of premier pro

Ok i exported some clips out of premier pro to email my friend, and they came out very small, and the audio was kind of off. Does anyone know how to change the size and audio. Thanks

Ed Smith January 5th, 2004 10:47 AM

Were going to need more than that to supply you with a decent answer!

What settings have you got it set to?

How did you go about doing what you did?

Whats your PC spec?

How large do you want the file?

etc etc etc.

Cheers,

Ed

Mike Zorger January 5th, 2004 11:15 AM

I just use settings that comes up when i go to export. I would like to have it twice as large as the defult they give you for quicktime.

Rob Lohman January 5th, 2004 03:35 PM

Well change the bitrate to twice as much then.

Ong Wan Shu January 6th, 2004 08:37 AM

Premiere Pro questions

hi all,

Blessed with the help of the experts in this forum, I managed to capture 1.5 hours of footage with NO DROP FRAMES!

However, its still too early to celebrate...problems aredy started coming as I did a trial edit.

1) How do i open a reference monitor in premiere pro? the "help" page says click on the "monitor windows pop up menu" and then select "new reference monitor" BUT I CANT FIND THAT POP UP MENU! some kind of help they offer

2) I was photography train and thus better in Photoshop. WHen i do stills, I can "tone" the pictures to give it a "feel". Something like the "tone" you see in "Band of brothers". Basically playing with layers. BUT how do i do that in premiere pro? I heard photoshop and premiere pro can work hand in hand to do that...but how? Do i import actions from photoshop and add as an effect?

Thanks again in advance!

cheers
Wan SHu

Ed Smith January 6th, 2004 10:24 AM

Hi Ong,

Point 1 - i'm not to sure. But as with all adobe products there are hidden menus represented by a triangle pointing to the right (normally found in the top left had corner of a dialog box). The option might be there. Otherwise right click on the monitor window (in a bit of 'space') does another menu appear?

Point 2: This is normally done by applying colour filters in Premiere, normally found under the video effect/ filters tab. Although you could create a colour 'filter' in photoshop, it is much easier to use the plug-in you get with premiere. You basically drag the filter to your clip on the timeline and adjust settings where needed.

Hope this helps,

Ed

Jacki Skelton January 6th, 2004 05:00 PM

IQ Degradation of Still Images in Premiere

I have been trying to create a slide show, with about 400 high res images from our Nikon D100 camera, with Premiere Pro so I can create a DVD to send to friends and family. Hah, I thought, now they don't even have to come to my house to see my "What I did on summer vacation photos". I admit I am very new to NLE and Pro. I have a Dell 8250, P4 2.6, 512MB RAM, separate 180GB video only HD and use the Matrox RTX10 Xtra card.

When I first imported the images they looked fine in the source monitor but were, of course, very large in the program monitor so I only saw a portion of the picture. I used a photo editing program to save them all at 640x480 res, which allowed me to see the entire photo, but caused an understandable image degradation.

I then tried importing the original hi-res files and using the Motion control to just scale down the image, still the image is degraded. I have tried playing with the interpret footage settings as well as the field options for the clips. It seems that no matter what I do, or even if I don't do anything, the minute I drop the still into the timeline there is noticable degradation of the image quality. Understand, the photos still look OK, even on a 32" TV, but they aren't extraordinary.

Does anyone have any suggestions or is this just normal. Will any slide show creation program give me the same degradation in IQ?

Jack Robertson January 6th, 2004 09:11 PM

Hi Jacki,

Check out this guy's explanation... it may help

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=192278&highlight=slideshow

Cheers,
Jack

Ed Smith January 7th, 2004 03:34 AM

Jacki,

What DVD autoring program are you using?

Most DVD authoring programs will allow you to create a slide show from a still image (.JPG, .BMP etc).

The resolution in a stills camera is different to that of a TV. A stills camera size is rated in pixels where as a TV picture is rated in lines - which is much lower picture quality than your D100.

You will need to re-size your images so that they are video standard width and height. i.e. for NTSC 720x480.

So basically if your Authoring program will allow it; skip the Premiere bit, resize images to correct aspect ratio, and import them directly into the autoring program.

Cheers,

ED

Chris Mueller January 7th, 2004 08:27 PM

Uncompressed AVI and Premiere Pro

I'm in the middle of a project right now, and I've sent the video out to tape a few times to see how its doing.

I've noticed that where I've imported footage from After Effects, the video tends to get almost unnoticably choppy when viewed on the computer, rendered. On tape to a monitor, the choppiness is more prevalent, though not too bad.

What I did was export my footage to edit in AE as uncompressed AVI, then export from AE as uncompressed AVI, then import into Premiere. (I'm assuming choosing "none" as my codec means that its uncompressed.) Am I doing this the wrong way? Any way to fix this, or is this just a quirk of Premiere Pro?

Also, when i reverse a segment of the video for a second or two, i'm experienceing some choppiness as well. I thought it had somethign to do with an interlace field setting that I had to change but in an uncompressed avi export, there doesn't seem to be any problems. Any ideas here?

Thanks.

Peter Moore January 7th, 2004 09:25 PM

Uncompressed video has an enormous bandwidth - over 30 MB/s. Even the best hard drives have trouble sustaining that sometimes. I doubt anything is wrong. Just render it back to DV and you'll have no choppiness, I suspect.

Chris Mueller January 7th, 2004 10:45 PM

Peter: From AE, or Premiere? Should I render as DV separately, and then insert into the timeline I'm using for my project?

Rob Lohman January 8th, 2004 08:12 AM

I would keep the uncompressed part from Premiere into AE, that
garantuees that whatever you are doing in Premiere won't
degrade the image too much due to a second compression level.
If it is only straight cuts you can just use DV output as well since
it should not re-encode the footage then.

If your output from AE is going straight to DV tape then you can
just as well export in DV straight away. Whether you do it in AE
or lateron in Premiere should make no difference.

If you are going to another output (DVD mainly) then it might be
wise to stick to uncompressed.

Ong Wan Shu January 8th, 2004 09:29 AM

Adding Subtitles in Premiere

hi all,

Anyone has a efficient way of adding subtitles in Premiere Pro?

I read some manuals but those ways seems very troublesome and not efficient to me.

Thanks!!

Wan Shu

Kevin Larson January 8th, 2004 10:46 PM

go to file> new> title

type what u need save it and it should be with the video files
then just treat it as a video and but it where you need on the timeline