DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/688-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2004-a.html)

Jimmy McKenzie July 29th, 2004 05:33 PM

Check for a backup copy in c/program files/adobe/premiere/project archive.
Sort by date and try the most recent one that opens. Once you are stabilized, find out where the page fault is and correct it. Then save as. Then save as again. Macromedia drills this into programmers. Than save as again.
Most common trouble seems to be virtual clips that get adjusted and premiere has a hard time dealing with a paradox of that nature.
Best of luck....

Nick Medrano July 29th, 2004 08:20 PM

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@177.5ogXcLpyTNb.0@.3bb49731/83

Ed Smith July 30th, 2004 01:17 PM

Hi Nathan,

What happens if you export to an AVI file or back to tape? Does it look OK on a TV screen?

Its not by anyc hance the black underscan of the frame you are seeing?

Please tell us your settings, which you are using in Premiere.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed Smith July 30th, 2004 01:21 PM

Hi Marc,

I think Adobe decided to take out Timelapse capture and stop motion capture.

I guess you have 2 options:

1) Buy a camera that is capable of doing it, XL1s, XL2?, TRV900...

2) Capture in realtime and then manually cut the bits out you don't need.

Cheers,

Nathen Dickey July 30th, 2004 01:22 PM

well i put it on tape and watched it on a tv looks fine and avi looks fine.... guess i shouldnt have worried about it.

thanks for the help

nathen

Ed Smith July 30th, 2004 01:28 PM

Hi Charlie,

I'm not to sure upgrading your PC hardware will increase, MPEG 2 export rendering times by 50% running premiere in software only. However, if you buy a hardware accelerator i.e. Matrox RTX 100, you get realtime MPEG 2 Export (i.e. if the project is an hour long, it will take 1 hour to export), provided your system uses the recommended specs supplied by Matrox.

www.matrox.com/video

It might be worth looking into?

Ed Smith July 30th, 2004 01:37 PM

Hi Greg,

Those questions are very subjective. What one person might say, might be completely different to what you like. The best thing to do in this situation is to get a demo so that you can see it for yourself.

It does not matter whether you use HD or 24p in premiere than it is to use it in another program like FCP or Vegas. Digital is digital, HD is HD and frame rate is frame rate. These things can not change and will not make any differences, no matter what editing application you choose to use.

You are right though that in 1.5 you get 24p, and capture to HDV (Mpeg recorded onto DV). true HD capture is done via external capture boards.

Cheers,

Ed

Ed Smith July 30th, 2004 01:44 PM

Hi Alexey,

Have you set your DVX 100 device in premiere? Can you capture, if so does it capture video or just black?

Can you preview/ capture via windows movie maker?

What are the exact premiere settings you are using?

You should be able to see a preview in the capture window.

Thanks,

Marc Sacco July 30th, 2004 02:47 PM

im glad someone remembers that feature and it wasnt just me! anyway, i have an xl1-s but the minimum is half a second record every 30 seconds. not good enough for me to get those really beautiful time lapse images i want (and used to get!). ( i have a small sony "danger cam" that also has the same interval recording) maybe i should re install the old premiere software on my laptop and i could use it that way....

thanks for the input!

marc

Nick Medrano July 30th, 2004 05:12 PM

JVC HR-DVS3U and Premiere Pro

Hi,
I have Premiere Pro 1.0 and I can not get Premiere to recognize my JVC HR-DVS3U MiniDV/VHS recorder.

Does anyone else have this VCR and are able to get it working with Premire?

Help!

Dave Croft July 30th, 2004 05:20 PM

This is a funny coincidence, I have just today captured some time lapse footage of clouds flying across the screen! It is amazing being able to do REAL time lapse of one frame at a time. The interval recording in some cams is just not good enough, unless you speed up the footage, to get a smoother motion, which can work.

I have used Premiere 6.0 for my footage, and you can use 6.5. I tried Premiere 7.0/pro, and was surprised to see no stop motion/time lapse capture facility at all.

Give Premiere 6.0 or 6.5 a try. 6.5 can export MPEG2 which might make a difference, but either can produce stunning time lapse.

Glenn Chan July 30th, 2004 07:37 PM

At work we have a JVC mini-DV/VHS combo deck and it works with Premiere Pro 1.5. It can't do some things like firewire DV --> VHS, but it works fine as a DV deck.

I have heard that the deck in question has lots of problems (lots of defective units). You may have a defective unit. I would try to refund it if possible. Some people from the DV-L mailing list have said the firewire port on it didn't work (if I remember correctly).

Nick Medrano July 30th, 2004 08:55 PM

Thanks Chan! This is interesting....and I've also seen all the bad reviews for the deck. Although, the reason why I did purchase it in the first place because there was a glowing review here in THIS forum. Anyways, do you have a link to that mailing list you are talking about? Is there anything worth reading in there about this problem?

I am thinking of just sending it back to B&H and getting a better model.....

Glenn Chan July 30th, 2004 10:58 PM

http://www.dvcentral.org/thelist.html
I used to read it but then I don't have time to read it anymore when I can check this board rabidly instead.

You should be able to use the search.

2- I would be sending it back to B&H. The deck would be fine as long as it worked (which it doesn't). You might want to look at the DSR-11 or Panasonic decks instead.

As far as I can tell:

DSR11:
Does DVCAM and full-sized tapes
Full sized DVCAM tapes can be very useful if you need to make a 2-hr master.
Clones timecode onto DVCAM, although you need the more expensive full sized tapes to clone a 1hr mini-DV (DVCAM uses more tape). This would be useful for dubbing tapes with the exact same timecode (archives, backups).
Not sure if you can start the timecode wherever you want. You want to do this if making a master for broadcast.
No LCD screen or audio meters or headphone jack, which is annoying.
Does not add 7.5IRE setup?
http://www.global-dvc.org/html/DSR11.asp

Panasonic:
http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp...odel=AG-DV2500
Has audio meters!!! Super useful for dubbing. Otherwise you have to run things through a mixer or seperate VU meter.
The AG-DV2500 at panasonic's site looks sweet. Has all the pros of the DSR11 and doesn't have the cons. Not sure how good it is though. I've heard recommendations for the discontinued 1500 model.

JVC:
Cheap compared to above.
It's a deck. Has decently fast FF/RW.
Is a (S?)VHS deck too, but I haven't figured out how to go from firewire DV to VHS.
No audio metering and no LCD screen. Not sure about 7.5IRE setup.

Camcorder:
Some can read DVCAM tapes.
Has LCD screen to help you troubleshoot connections and screen footage.
Has headphone output. Would be nice if they had audio meters.
May be bottom loading. (PITA)
Cheap cheap cheap.
Doubles as a camcorder.

Ed Smith July 31st, 2004 06:41 AM

You can run Premiere 6.5 and Premiere Pro on the same sytem, Since they install into completely different folders. They will co-exist with one another. That might help you out...

Cheers,