Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 62 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old August 17th, 2004, 02:49 AM   #916
Wrangler

Hi Jeremy,

The only way to really tell how good the quality is, is to hook it up to a TV. Maybe if you export a small bit to tape and then play it back on a TV, would find out whether it is actually bad picture quality.

By expanding the image to fit your computer VGA monitor you will defiantly loose resolution. Reason being that video is captured at 720x576 (PAL). If you then expand it to say 1024x768 you will be stretching the pixels which will make it, look like it was shot on a poor digital camera.

Can you please explain what you mean by liney? Do they appear all the way through? Are they horizontal or vertical? Do they appear quite heavily when you are panning or tilting? Maybe you could post a picture of the problem?

I often get horizontal lines when playing footage on my Dell 17" VGA LCD screens. I'm to too sure exactly why, but certainly the lines do not appear when exporting back to tape or making a DVD.

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old August 17th, 2004, 03:42 AM   #917
Regular Crew

Hi Ed. Thanks for your reply. Yes by "Line"y I mean horizontal lines in parts. Sounds like you describe on your screen too. It's a shame that one can't see a god resolution moving picture on the screen as one edits. But what you are saying is, put those images on a TV screen three times the size and it should fine? Is it possible to hook TV up to computer base and view that way? - or must I go to tape (not set up for this). Thanks so much...

Jeremy
Old August 17th, 2004, 08:57 AM   #918
Inner Circle

Most but not all camcorders can convert from DV/firewire to analog on the fly.

Set Premiere to show video through firewire. (sorry I forget the location of this setting)

Set your camera to convert DV --> A/V (aka analog)
Not the other way around!

On your TV, be sure it's on the right input. Line 1, line 2, etc.
Old August 17th, 2004, 10:13 AM   #919
Regular Crew

Can't do 25p on Premiere

Please help. I amn based in UK. No option for 25p on Premiere Pro 1.5. only for standard NTSC, standard PAL and 24p (*which, as we all know is NTSC). I phoned Adobe UK and they couldn't help either - I practically had to explain what 25p was! Does ANYONE have a DVX100AE? What are you editing on? CAN it be done on Premiere? One source now says the only software they knwo that does it is Avid... but whatever the case is I'm happy with Premiere. Can I get it to work?????
Thanks..

Jeremy
Old August 17th, 2004, 01:19 PM   #920
RED Code Chef

Also keep in mind that the preview screen for Premiere is exactly
that, a PREVIEW. Windows Media Player is also playing back the
file (per default) at 50% resolution that introduces even worse
artifacts when scaling up. As said by other people watch your
edited footage on a TV. Cables for that are cheap!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old August 17th, 2004, 01:22 PM   #921
RED Code Chef

It's been a while but what you normally do is select PAL and then
after that change the interlaced setting to "none" or "progressive"

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old August 18th, 2004, 03:25 AM   #922
Wrangler

Hi Jeremy,

YES Premiere Pro can edit your footage.

When you start a new project, if you select the custom settings tab, make sure the settings are:
From the top, general tab:

DV PLayback
25 FPS
720x576 (greyed out)
D1/DV PAL (1.067)
Progressive scan (No fields)
25fps timecode

If you then click on save preset, give the preset a name, say: DVX100 Progressive capture (PAL)

Give the project a name and click OK.

Your project is now setup for progressive scan, which I think you need.

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old August 18th, 2004, 03:40 AM   #923
Regular Crew

Ed and Rob, thanks. I will do this. Is that what you edit on Ed? Why is it though that there is an automatic way to do this for NTSC (24p)- but yet you can set it manually? Isn't that odd?

Jeremy
Old August 18th, 2004, 03:44 AM   #924
Regular Crew

Thanks everyone. I bought a lead and - I firewired from computer back into the camera (export to tape) and then staight out from my S video and audio phonos onboard to the scart on my TV. Images look great! Thanks for you help. These forums are a godsend! Imagine us all before this....tearing our hair out for days on end in isolation (well I know I would be)!

Jeremy
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:53 AM   #925
Regular Crew

A bought the Matrox Extreem, but then later found out that in wasn't compatible with my machine, as for now I'm just using my sound cards Firewire for capturing...
Old August 18th, 2004, 11:02 AM   #926
Regular Crew

Not so odd...

There's really only ONE option that you have to change if you want to edit 25p. (fields > no fields) It makes sense for Adobe to make a preset for 24fps since it's a different frame rate than NTSC or PAL. It'd be a hassle for them to make a whole new preset for progressive PAL and progressive NTSC, instead they made it an option that you can change.

-KiN
Old August 18th, 2004, 01:52 PM   #927
Regular Crew

Important Question

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro. When editing the audio levels of captured clips and .mp3(songs) pitch level is different when recorded onto vhs. Can anybody tell me how to get the same level pitch of captured clips and audio songs.

suggestions greatly appreciated.

vamshi
Old August 18th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #928
Regular Crew

hi Ed,

I tried setting dv control to generic, panasonic, panasonic dvx100a, you name it... nothing works.

I don't see anything in preview window.

I am not sure what exactly you are asking about when talking about settings, I just use ppro1.5 preset for 24p standard (nonwidescreen).

The funny thing is that dv control works as far as rewinding and stopping goes... well I started repeating my first post..

Any suggestions?

Another question is whether I get the same result if I grab by some other program (say windows movie maker) and then open this footage in ppro1.5? Will I get the same result as if grabbing directly from ppro1.5?
Old August 18th, 2004, 03:29 PM   #929
New Boot

laptop editing

hi, do you think it's possible to edit on a laptop hp pavillon amd athlon 2500, 512 ram? can i use adobe premiere pro or maybe even avid? or is it too risky?

thanx,
lukah
Old August 18th, 2004, 04:38 PM   #930
Regular Crew

Good tutorials for Premiere Pro 1.5?

Hi. Done some work on Prem 6.0 and now moved to Pro 1.5. Finding it difficult to make the change (dumb, huh!) Is is worth learning Pro 1.5 properly? Is it that much better? If so, is there a good tutorial/website with help (other than the adobe one that really isn't great). Thanks

Jeremy
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite