Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 65 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old August 24th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #961
Regular Crew

color correction in Prem 6 or AE

hey guys, ive got a problem here. Ive got an old version of premiere (6.0) and an old version of after effects ( 4 something). Ive got soem footage and i need to color correct it but i'm not finding anything thats satisfactory in prem. and i;m totally lost in the hugeness of after effects. anybody have any suggestions for me? I'm a despearte man.
Old August 25th, 2004, 02:55 AM   #962
RED Code Chef

I would go down to a large book store and see if you can locate
some books on After Effects (4). That might help you along.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old August 26th, 2004, 09:40 AM   #963
Regular Crew

Can only export 20 mins

Hi all,

Im a trying to export a file that is about 1:20 mins to a DV file so i can atleast archive it in a less compressed version before i compress to mpeg2.

I can only export 4 gig files.

I seem to recall something about this, is there a way around?
Old August 26th, 2004, 10:49 AM   #964
Trustee

You are most likely attempting to write to a FAT32 drive instead of a NTFS drive. There is a 4G limit to FAT32.
Old August 26th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #965
Tourist

A retro slide show transition

For a slide show I wanted to run during a party that I would build on Premiere 6.5, I thought it would be fun to use a default transition that resembled the sound and look of a traditional carousel slide show.

Any thoughts?
Old August 27th, 2004, 09:26 PM   #966
Regular Crew

thanks rob, i found a decent one ant it shed some light on the whole situation.
Old August 27th, 2004, 09:34 PM   #967
Regular Crew

16:9/ letterbox problem

hey guys. Ive been using premiere for a few years now but very recently ive encountered a problem that i dont know how to solve. I'm about to shoot a project and i want to shoot it in 16:9, however, i'd like to edited it and spit it back out in a letterbox format. get it? i cant seem to figure this out and its making me crazy. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
Old August 28th, 2004, 05:30 AM   #968
Wrangler

Hi Jason,

This topic has come up many times before, please try our search ^

Basically, the way that I have done it is:

Capture your 16x9 footage in a 16x9 project,

Start a new project that has a 4:3 template, and then import your 16x9 footage into the 4:3 project.

Put your footage into the timeline and then right click on the footage and choose video options and then click on maintain aspect ratio.

It will then need to be rendered

Thanks,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old August 28th, 2004, 09:30 AM   #969
New Boot

Scanning photos for PP1.5

I need to work with some very old photos...and I only have one shot (one day) to work with them. I want to add them as a montage to my 16:9 project that will be exported to DVD. How should I scan these...meaning at what resolution do I scan them in, what dpi? Also, how do I resize them for 16:9? Do I just pull them into PPro and transform them in the window to the size i want for my pans and tilts? Thanks so much.

Best Wishes
Tony
Old August 28th, 2004, 10:16 AM   #970
Regular Crew

thanks for your help ed...it was driving me nuts. you'd think that they would make it easier.
Old August 28th, 2004, 10:35 AM   #971
Trustee

My suggestion is that you capture them at a high resolution, perhaps 600dpi.

That way you can change your mind later and resize the image if you just want to see it at the size of the video frame, but you can still zoom in and get a lot of detail if you wish.

Just make sure that the picture is less than 4000X4000 pixels when you import it into Premiere Pro.

Having said that, if you know that you are merely going to show them at the size of the frame, don't bother to scan at more than 150dpi or so. There is no advantage to a higher resolution unless you are going to zoom in. And that applies to small pics too. Make sure that smaller pics are scanned at a higer resolution so they fill the frame.

To make them fit a 16:9 video frame will be difficult in most cases since photos are generally not that shape. But if you are zooming, it doesn't matter. But do all of the work in Premiere Pro. There is no advantage to doing it in Photoshop or AE.
Old August 29th, 2004, 06:36 AM   #972
New Boot

Scanning photos for PP1.5

thanks for the tips...one last question...which file type should i save the scans as and which are best for importing into PPro?

tony
Old August 29th, 2004, 06:41 AM   #973
Regular Crew

Help!! Problem with exporting into smooth avi

Hi, I am new to the world of DV and all that comes with it, including Premiere Pro 1.5 which i bought to do the editing.

My problem is that I wanted to take some of the new footage captured by the xl2 thats been posted on the dvx website. Its in 16x9 and 25p- and after I mess with it in Premiere (trying to see what I can do to make it look a little more film like) I save it and then export it as an avi, and when I open it in WMP it starts stretching vertically and horizontally and just flickering up and down and left and right. Its really weird! It looks almost like the program doesnt know what format or shape to make it. It changes from regular shape (16x9) to stetched verically (16x13)
then stectched horizontally (20x9)--- and it does it randomly and sporatically very fast. It looks like it almost has a black matte all around it and the footage is trying to fill it, but cant stay or something.

Ive edited footage before without problem, but this is the first time ive tried editing 16x9 with 25p.- I'll lay out the things i did to the footage and if anything sticks out to what may have done it, please please let me know, thanks:

First I opened a new project and opened it under the folder that has 24p widescreen- the folder said Panasonic 24p-

Video effects:

-color balance plugin
-gamma plugin
-contrast plugin
-channel mixer
-and a crop plugin (I had to bring the sides in alittle. the footage wasnt longenough for the default 16x9 workspace. so it had black bars showing on each side- so I cropped it to fit)

And to my knowledge, thats all ive really done.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

--- Ok, I just rechecked it and the footage has a black border around it now-??? where in the world did this black border come from??? The original footage that i imported didnt have it. hmmm... i cant seem to export it without it.. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Old August 29th, 2004, 08:24 AM   #974
RED Code Chef

Make sure your project, footage and export settings are all the
same. It sounds like you are exporting at a different resolution
then the file is in etc. I don't believe WMP knows a file is 16:9,
so it will play it as 4:3 and it should look stretched.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old August 29th, 2004, 11:55 AM   #975
Trustee

TIF seems to work well.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite