Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 74 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old September 28th, 2004, 08:19 AM   #1096
Tourist

Missing Still Images after Exported Video

I produced a video album with moving images and video. I exported the video to an avi file to use in adobe encore. When I watch the AVI file, a few pictures are missing (black screen). Also, a few others are missing and have a green screen instead. Other than these pictures being missing, everything else is fine. Any suggestions on what is causing this. Is it a possible memory problem? I have 1 GB of RAM. I can't figure it out.

Thanks

Brian
Old September 29th, 2004, 06:34 AM   #1097
Regular Crew

It's absolutely beautiful....

But where's the command pallette gone :(

Jon
Old October 1st, 2004, 07:23 AM   #1098
Major Player

Apply same fx to multiple clips - HOW?

Been working on a project that has to have a ton of work done to the color and audio and I'm getting tired of dropping the same effect over and over again on every clip.

Is there a way to highlight a set of clips and add a FILL Left or Right to the audio and do a visual effect (same to each) with 1 step and not over and over again?

Using Premier Pro 1.5

Thanks in advance,
Miguel
Old October 1st, 2004, 10:22 AM   #1099
New Boot

not sure if this will work for a number of clips, but give it a go...

1. 'Copy' the clip you want the attributes from
2. 'Paste Attributes' (right click) onto the clips you want to alter.

This function was always in premiere, but was hidden, with premiere pro, they moved it into its own setting.

There is another way you could achieve this by using the new effects save function to make your own library of droppable effects :)
Old October 1st, 2004, 12:58 PM   #1100
Major Player

Premiere pro changes "look"

I have now upgraded to the video collection. If you are shooting any weddings, the download for the free film looks is worth the price of everything in the package!! Just be sure to get the additional download of 5 extra "looks" and apply the black diffusion to your park shoot of the bride/groom. I have always been a strict follower of the m/o to do it at the lens but this is the best plugin I have ever worked with.

Try this: Slow the clip to 50%. Apply the proc amp filter and desaturate to your liking. Apply black diffusion. The result looks just like the misty soft effect from the soap operas. Stunning. And NO hardware support!

I only do about 3 weddings per year but this puts the finished product to a new level.
Old October 1st, 2004, 11:48 PM   #1101
Regular Crew

That doesn't solve the issue... you still need to go through all clips and paste the same effect on them.

Since you can not highlight multiple clips and apply the same effect to them with one click, I create a new timeline and drop the working timeline into it, then apply the effect to the whole thing. This is a work around and work for some situation but not others.

Hope it helps...
Old October 2nd, 2004, 04:38 AM   #1102
Regular Crew

Surround Sound

I`m toying with the idea of giving surround sound a go to see how effective it increases my short films. Problem is I canot seem to find much documentation on the whole process. Any ideas as to idiot proof instructions on how to create some effects. One effect I need is a door closing from behind the audience and another is to pan from the front to the back to create a passing spooky thing. The final product is to be saved to DVD. Many Thnaks for any help you guys can give

Andy
Old October 2nd, 2004, 12:38 PM   #1103
Inner Circle

theres no easy way, although some people might disagree with me.. there are short cuts, but for waht u want, to do, the surround panner in Vegas or Prem Pro ac3 plugin should work OK with keyframes

for proper surround mixing, each monitor speaker should be identical and calibrated according Dolby Labs Standards.

Info on mixing and encoding can be found at Dolby.com
Old October 2nd, 2004, 04:46 PM   #1104
Major Player

Pro won't allow me to perform an insert or overlay edit

Just recently, Pro has decided to not allow me to perform an overlay or insert edit.

I previously used the shortcut keys. When this failed, I manually clicked on the button in the preview window. It just doesn’t seem to be working anymore.

I’m hoping that I've turned something off, or altered something inadvertently.

But now, its really annoying me.

Does anyone have any insight?
Old October 2nd, 2004, 10:06 PM   #1105
Trustee

Will it work if you start a new project?

In any case, try deleting the preferences and reload the plugins by starting the app while pressing the Shift key.
Old October 3rd, 2004, 02:30 AM   #1106
Major Player

Steven, It seems to work fine in a new project. I'm just wondering why it doesn’t work in this one.
Could you elaborate more on the delete preferences bit?
Old October 3rd, 2004, 02:37 AM   #1107
Major Player

Problem solved, it's me being stupid.
Forgot to select the track I wanted it to insert / overlay into.

Ahh well, this can serve as a point of reference to others who have forgotten the basic principles of editing.

Thanks anyway.
Old October 5th, 2004, 10:10 PM   #1108
Regular Crew

Can I use both 48khz(16 bit) and 32 khz(12 bit) audio in the same Pro 1.5 project?

Can I use both 48khz(16 bit) and 32 khz(12 bit) audio in the same
project? And when I start a new project in Premiere Pro 1.5 to import
the files into, which preset should I use- Standard 48khz or 32khz?

I shot the first ten minutes of this video using a Canon XL-1 in the
32khz (12 bit mode), capturing both the on-camera mic in stereo and
another mono audio track with a handheld mic; and then shot the next
twenty minutes of the video onto the same mini-DV tape with a Sony
PD-170 in 48 khz (16 bit mode).
Old October 6th, 2004, 01:09 AM   #1109
Major Player

noise in black tux at wedding afterparty

When shooting with a GL2 at a wedding after party, even with a 35 watt fill light and ambient light, I still get some noise in the black tux. Its not that bad, but its annoying. Anyway to darken this area, or get rid of the noise, and still keep the rest of the scene the same?

John
Old October 6th, 2004, 01:11 AM   #1110
Inner Circle

to be safe, open the project in something like Audition and resample the footage (ie create another take cuplicating yoru audio) in teh correct bitrate.

Ive haad issues with Prem handling different bitrates from DV

when resampling, make sure its creating a new file, as u may inadvertantly end up changing the pitch due to bitrates.

Audition should have a resample feature.. i know Cool Edit used to... so it woudlnt surprise me if its held onto that.. if not, go and download a demo of Soundforge and import our avi into that and re-sample it to 48k. It wont make it sound any better than the source material, but at least u wotn hae an issue with Prem falling over..
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite