Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 75 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 6th, 2004, 01:13 AM   #1111
Inner Circle

run a softening filter to fade the blue or a black restoration (if its got this filter)

i dunno if prem has film effects either.. some of teh older kodak presets are nice using colour curves
Old October 7th, 2004, 07:22 AM   #1112
Inner Circle

hmm.. are all the clips of teh main source clip??

ie do u have one large avi that yoru slicing into segments?

If so (this may not work) you might be able to apply the effect on the main source clip and prem SHOULD retain that information on each slice you make from that effected source

I know Vegas does this, but i havent tried with prem
Old October 7th, 2004, 09:21 AM   #1113
Wrangler

Hi Brian,

Maybe the pictures are missing in premiere? Or that there is black space between the clips?

I don't see why Premiere would only export out selected clips unless some were missing?

Does it play OK in windows media player?

Maybe export it again.

What sort of AVI file did you export out. What version of premiere are you using?

Thanks,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old October 7th, 2004, 09:23 AM   #1114
Wrangler

Hey Jimmy,

Thanks for sharing your finding with us!

I'm sure it will help many others....

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old October 7th, 2004, 09:27 AM   #1115
Wrangler

The answer is yes you can. Premiere will conform all audio to the project settings. So if you have created a project which is 48Khz
and you have imported in some 32KHz, premiere will up-sample the audio to 48KHz. This will take up more space on your HD, and will slow your computer down a bit while the conversion is happening.

As peter has suggested, your best to load it into Auditions (If you have it).

Cheers,

Old October 7th, 2004, 12:20 PM   #1116
Major Player

This should work: create first a new sequence and drop then the filter to the whole sequence at once.
Old October 7th, 2004, 10:58 PM   #1117
Major Player

Peter,

I tried just about everything that I know of in prem pro but nothing has a "natural" look to it. I put the blame on the low light performance of the GL2. I hate to ask, but, is this easily fixed in vegas 5? lol

John
Old October 8th, 2004, 01:48 AM   #1118
Major Player

Try this:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32833
Old October 8th, 2004, 05:50 AM   #1119
Inner Circle

Hey ed, you know i tried this today and the matrox RTx100 was really struggling with it.. we ended up using the old resample method, but i threw in the 32k audio with video and it really REALLY struggled..

we were using a SBLive Audigy, so the card itself is 48k native, DV is perfect on this.. when we imported a 44.1k audio clip form cd, i noticed the matrox lag a bit.. its coz the soundcard literally upsamples the audio to 48k.
Then the 32k, really killed it.. im still exploring how far i can stretch prem when it comes to audio, at the moment its not doing what i want it to do, but theres always a workaround.. :)
Old October 8th, 2004, 05:56 AM   #1120
Inner Circle

without being a blasphemer here in Prem Land, LOL yes, vegas has clour curves which allow filtration and blends.
U can also run a chroma blur (or suppresion) filter.
another tricky on is to use somethign like a Median Filter and run a noise reduction on the footage
Old October 8th, 2004, 03:33 PM   #1121
Regular Crew

Q on making slides show of still pics

i've got over 100 digital pics that i'd like to make a slide show with various transitions.
is there an efficient way to do it with premiere instead of dragging the transitions one by one?
same question applies to many other situations where you need to repeat the same function many times for different clips.
or any software can do the slides show easily and can be imported into a premiere timeline?
thx
Old October 8th, 2004, 04:30 PM   #1122
Trustee

This is a pretty well known bug. It is mostly fixed in PPro 1.5 but sometimes causes a problem. You might want to convert the pics to TIF, since that seems to help.
Old October 8th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #1123
Trustee

You can automatically apply the default transition, but not various transitions.
Old October 8th, 2004, 05:02 PM   #1124
Major Player

Just use the automate to timeline function. Select the entire bin and it will toss each photo in at your default setting for still frame durarion, and each will have your default transition applied. This is usually crossfade. If you want some circa 1997 peels and wipes a la powerpoint, you will have to change the transitions yourself.
Old October 9th, 2004, 07:49 AM   #1125
Major Player

You don't mention the format of your missing images, Brian, but many editors report problems with jpg, often because Quick Time is not installed on the editing system. As Steven says, using alternate formats, including BMP and PSD, is often the best choice.

David Hurdon
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite