DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/688-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2004-a.html)

Dwight Flynn November 3rd, 2004 04:25 PM

Which version of divx are you using. I am using 5.2.1 and it load very slowly or not at all. Moreover, I was under the impression that if I installed Dr. Divx it would load the divx 5.2.1 codec as it said in the install. If I am wrong then would someone please tell me how I should go about this task.

Thanks

Randall Hall November 3rd, 2004 08:29 PM

I'm good to go now. Or at least good to start. Many thanks, Billy, you nailed it. I'm not sure what the default is for Premiere Pro but mine was a package deal with Canopus and it was factory set with Canopus DV as the default. Thanks again, Billy. And Ed, I wasn't ignoring your request for more info. I was preparing to answer you win Billy sent in the quick fix.

New to this community, I've got to say I'm impressed.

Andrei Petrik November 3rd, 2004 11:50 PM

How to improve quality of slow mo in Premiere?

Hi, i am using Premiere Pro 1.5
So far its great, i love all the new features, however, i have noticed that when i do slo motion by slowing down up to 50% the clip gets a mild case of jitters.
It seems to vibrate. Does anyone have any good tips how to improve the quality of the clip and how to get rid of the jitters?

Rob Lohman November 4th, 2004 03:42 AM

Which version of Premiere are you using Dwight?

Rob Lohman November 4th, 2004 04:24 AM

Is your footage/project in interlaced or progressive?

Jesse Bradley November 4th, 2004 10:55 AM

Go into your video options and check Flicker Removal this will fix the problem

Billy Dalrymple November 4th, 2004 02:40 PM

Glad to help. Lord knows these guys sure have helped me out a bunch a times... Its nice to return the favor...

Andrei Petrik November 4th, 2004 06:38 PM

that did the trick... however i find that de-interlacing makes it better

Aaron Shaw November 4th, 2004 07:10 PM

deinterlacing is throwing away half your vertical resolution. I would definitely recommend just sticking with flicker removal.

Jett Evans November 4th, 2004 09:20 PM

Frame To Pic

How in premire pro do you take a frame that you want, and make it into a still picture?

Trond Saetre November 5th, 2004 06:35 AM

Premiere Pro:

The frame is exported from current time possition in the timeline window.

Choose File -> Export -> Frame

Jose di Cani November 5th, 2004 04:38 PM

neither adobe or vegas can handle the trick. YOu need a special soft3ware to do those super smooth slomotions. 4 years the only way to do that was to use a expensive camera which shot a record-high amount of pics per second. Nowadyas you have programs like superslomotion and I don't remeber the name. I saw 3 topics about this. The thing is that de-interlacing will not help you. Superslomotion needs lots of pics per second. the more , the better. 24fps is not enough.

Jose di Cani November 5th, 2004 04:40 PM

HI,
I have 2800 hz with 1024 ram and a profesional video card. I don't understand why it is so difficult for adobe and vegas to render the files in real-time. I am tlaking about playing back the movie without effects. I heard that was due to the pc monitor. PLaying it back thorugh a tv will not show those kind of artifacts. HEll. I have to buy a dvd recorder tojorrow. jeez.

Joel Corral November 5th, 2004 05:49 PM

what will i need to capture from hdr-fx1 into premiere pro 1.5?

what will i need to capture from hdr-fx1 into premiere pro 1.5?

anything other than cineforms software?

Darren Kelly November 5th, 2004 08:17 PM

God on your side.....

None of the plugins work at this time. Cineform and Mainconcept both have upgrades to do.

I suspect we will see upgrades in a couple of weeks.

Sorry for the bad news

DBK