DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/688-adobe-premiere-premiere-pro-discussions-2004-a.html)

Steven Gotz November 24th, 2004 08:22 PM

Using Audition, you select an area of the timeline where there is nobody talking, just the noise. You use Noise Reduction to sample the noise in that area, and then you select the entire timeline and delete the noise. It is an amazing tool for motor noise or constant noise of most types.

Ryan Krga November 25th, 2004 05:22 PM

Dan,

I put multiple effects into the clip. That's why I'm rendering.

I run Spybot S&D daily. I update and run Norton daily, as well. My computer is virus free and spyware free.

I have 30 processes running in the background.

Stephen Jackson November 27th, 2004 05:27 PM

Highlighting a specific area in PPro

Hello all:

I'm looking for an option to highlight a specific area of a video other than using the track matte and motion settings.

I have a smal clip that I converted to B&W In this clip is a shot of a person walking and I want his shirt to be highlighted in color.

I used the track matte and motion settings but because the shirt shifts with the person, it's extremely hard to keep the shirt in color throughout the clip.

Is there another way to exclude all colors from a video clip except the shirt?

Thanks in advance for all assistance

Jonathan Nicholas November 27th, 2004 06:01 PM

Work with the clip in colour first, then - if his shirt is the only thing in the shot that colour, then use the colour pass filter to exclude all colours expcept the one you pick.

Jon

Trond Saetre November 28th, 2004 05:06 AM

To remove the hum from the bus, and the "common hiss," you can try the noise reduction in Adobe Auditon.

I have a tutorial of how to use that function. Found it when searching the net a while ago. Let me know, and I can email it to you. (about 4MB wmv file)

Mitch Buss November 28th, 2004 10:11 AM

Very elementary question but it is urgent

I am editing a short video for my church on Premier 6.0 and when I render it, I have no sound. What should I do to fix it? The video works great but I have no sound. Please help me out. Thanks

Mitch

Pete Bauer November 28th, 2004 11:35 AM

Been a long while since I used version 6.0, but I'll try to briefly address capture, timeline editing, and export...

Assuming that the miniDV tape has sound on it, make sure the capture window checkbox for Audio is checked, as well as video. I guess I'll also assume that sounds play normally out of your computer's speaker so we know there isn't a generic computer problem.

Once you know that you've captured both the audio and video, look on the timeline to see if you see a visual representation of the audio waveform. If so, Premiere knows that there is audio there. Make sure the audio track in the timeline isn't muted.

For exporting, you also need to make sure that both video and audio are selected. You can choose to export video only, audio only, or both.

Hope that helps.

Jake Sawyer November 28th, 2004 06:56 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Trond Saetre : To remove the hum from the bus, and the "common hiss," you can try the noise reduction in Adobe Auditon.

I have a tutorial of how to use that function. Found it when searching the net a while ago. Let me know, and I can email it to you. (about 4MB wmv file) -->>>

Yeah, that would be great. Email me at kelisis at hotmail.com

Trond Saetre November 29th, 2004 01:56 AM

Jake:

Email sent.

Mitch Buss November 29th, 2004 07:17 AM

Where do I go to to check the audio and video buttons for export?

Jonathan Nicholas November 29th, 2004 07:55 AM

When you go to export and you get asked for a file name, there is a "settings" dialog which you can click to give you a load of options.

Jon

Vance Osborne November 29th, 2004 06:26 PM

Real time Previews problems

Hi all,

I just got Premiere Pro 1.5... not too bad. However, I have a real gripe.
In my version of 6.5, I had great real-time previewing without any hiccups at all. I would just hit the "enter" key, and voila...transistions and effects, no hiccups.

Now, same computer (3gig cpu, 1gig ram) and when I hit the "enter" key, it *renders* for previews.
So, I hit the play button or the space bar, and it runs, but once I splice, or do an adjustment to the clip, it keeps rendering instead of doing real-time previewing.

Very frusterating...anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks...

Steven Gotz November 29th, 2004 08:00 PM

Space bar plays, Enter key previews. As designed. It should not render when hit the spacebar.

Josh Bass November 29th, 2004 09:24 PM

Premiere pro 1.5 sluggish, on all counts

I might be doing some editing work for a dude who uses Premiere, so I downloaded the 30-day free trial for the newest version.

It captures fine, seems to work fine, except that everything's real slow. When I play back video in the timeline, talkin' one layer, no effects, nothin' fancy, it's real choppy. Similarly, commands take a second or two to "take" after I press the appropriate button/click the mouse.

Is my computer underpowered for this software? I have An athlon 1600 XP+ processor (1 Ghz), a gig of RAM, the media on a separate drive from the program, and I can't think of what else you'd need to know.

I tried turning off all the background processes in XP Pro (my OS), still the same. The thing is, I have Vegas 4, which performs flawlessly, or at least as flawlessly as it ever did, no lag, regular framerates upon playback, etc.

What am I missing here?

James Emory November 30th, 2004 12:23 AM

Try this as well.

Click Project>Project Settings>General and then click the Playback Settings button to the right of the Timebase dropdown menu. Next, see what boxes are checked/unchecked in that dialogue box. These settings affect playback in the project as you will see.