Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 92 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:49 AM   #1366
New Boot

thanks

Thanks for the response - in fact, upon a subsequent restart of Premiere, the audio playback worked no prob. I think it was just a temporary glitch. I will keep in mind your checklist if this occurs in the future.
Old December 3rd, 2004, 08:57 AM   #1367
Major Player

Hi John,

You'll notice this on many occasions and it can be puzzling when you first start with PPro... it seems to default back to the camera playback setting.

Always check that you have clicked the
"Play audio on audio hardware" button.

this is found by left clicking on the little triangle at the top right corner of your right hand monitor window.
Scroll down to "Playaback settings".

alternatively click on Project > Project Settings > and then click on the Play back settings button..

Et voila

This did confused me for a whole day when I first used PPro, I find it an annoying feature, and not very well thought out...IMHO

Otherwise I love it.

Regards

Gareth
Old December 4th, 2004, 08:18 PM   #1368
Regular Crew

Out of curiousity why didn't just using the colour pass effect work?

Jon
Old December 5th, 2004, 11:27 AM   #1369
Regular Crew

The way the scene was shot made me do the motion tracking AE. The shot began with him in the sunlight and then walking into the shadows. That made the shirt two different shades.

Also masking and titling in AE is better than PPro
Old December 5th, 2004, 07:05 PM   #1370
Major Player

Europe and the Adobe eurostore

Trying not to sound too cheap (but rather economical :)
If you live in Europe, do you have to buy your adobe-stuff through the eurostore (or affiliated dealers in Europe), or can you also buy online at US stores? Will Adobe accept activation and give you support if you imported the apps yourself?
I'm asking this because at the moment of writing, the prices in EUROS in the adobe-eurostore (eurostore.adobe.com) are exceeding the prices in DOLLARS in the US store. Taking account of a 0.75 currency rate, this means that if you take for instance AE pro, you pay 73% more if you buy in europe (€1300 -vs- $1000=€750). That seems a bit ridiculous to me. So if it's not possible, I'll probably consider other software from a company that hasn't got a eurostore ;)

Steven
Old December 6th, 2004, 10:58 AM   #1371
Regular Crew

I've found that after importing footage if I leave the playback deck or camera on the sound will not work in the program, but still be scrubbable. Of course turning the stuff off fixes that.
Old December 6th, 2004, 11:07 AM   #1372
Regular Crew

I've tried importing a PPJ into AE several times with no success. The timeline is only 4 minutes in length and seems to cause AE to freeze up completely. Any ideas?
Old December 6th, 2004, 04:11 PM   #1373
Regular Crew

Exporting For Web

I've got a 12-minute short film I'd like to encode for distribution on the web using Premiere 6.0. It seems that Quicktime is the best solution for video for the web, since its fairly cross-platform and has a larger installed base than something like DivX, but the Cleaner5 EZ setup that comes with Premiere doesn't seem to like exporting at resolutions higher than 320x240. I'd ideally like to export at full-framerate, 720x480.

I know it's possible to get a 24-minute video on that scale compressed down to <200 mb -- anime fansubbers do it all the time, in DivX, but I don't know what settings to tinker with in Cleaner..

Help greatly appreciated.
Old December 6th, 2004, 04:47 PM   #1374
Major Player

Why in the world would you want to post a full frame video to the web!?
"IF" you could actually get it compressed to a reasonable file size it would look like butt "AND" if you compressed it to look decent, the bandwidth charges would eat you alive from downloads. There is a reason video on the web is smaller! Most people can't and won't download a 200MB file! I would, but then again, I've got a fast connection, and then, only if it were a QuickTime progressive download. That way if it sucked I could stop it.

A little trick you can try is to encode it very cleanly at 320x240 and have it play back a 2X size. That's what the Divx and WMP folks do, and yes even Quicktime. The problem you will have is with the presets in Cleaner EZ. You need to do a lot of testing and re-testing of custom settings but I don't know what "EZ" will let you do. You may need Pro to really get it perfect. There is a setting in Cleaner 6 for QuickTime full screen download but it is 1.5mbits/s and is still 320x240, just doubled.

Things to tinker with... frame rate, video bit rate, audio bit rate, keyframe rate, gamma, contrast, brightness, etc...
Test-test-test!
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:09 AM   #1375
Regular Crew

MPEG2 Export Error "failed to return frame"

Hi, I got a quick question for you guys. I'm trying to export an 15 minute documentry into a MPEG2DVD file to put into Encore, but several minutes later it starts exporting a error comes up that says, "Adobe Premiere Pro failed to return a video frame. Cancelling the operation." I have the stock settings for the MPEG2 file and stock settings for NTSC footage. How do I fix this? I need to have this burned by Wensday, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old December 7th, 2004, 04:21 AM   #1376
Inner Circle

I don't know why you get that error message.
But have you tried to export an avi file from Premiere, and import the avi file to Encore? Then Encore can do the mpeg encoding.
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:19 AM   #1377
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Trond Saetre : I don't know why you get that error message.
But have you tried to export an avi file from Premiere, and import the avi file to Encore? Then Encore can do the mpeg encoding. -->>>

No, I haven't, though I will try, but the encoding will mean more extra time and I'm really on the line to get this burned and sent out. If anybody elses knows how to solve this problem please help.
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:54 PM   #1378
Regular Crew

Known issue

Check out Adobe's Support Knowledgebase and let us know if you can get it to work.

However, I prefer to export to AVI, especially if there are several files. Encore can do incremental encoding before the final encode, so while you have some down time, you can tell Encore to transcode the assets you have so far.

So if you import some of the files, you can tell Encore to transcode them. However, this works best when the total amount of your material does not approach disk capapcity (which would force Encore to encode everything over again).
Old December 7th, 2004, 12:56 PM   #1379
Wrangler

Hi Jake,

Try this:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330380.html

Hope it helps,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old December 7th, 2004, 04:04 PM   #1380
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Ed Smith : Hi Jake,

Try this:

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/330380.html

Hope it helps, -->>>

The first solution solved my problem. Thanks everyone!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite