Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 93 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old December 7th, 2004, 04:06 PM   #1381
Trustee

your biggest problem is that you are trying to push the limit with marginal codecs and encoding software that isn't up to the task.

export your footage into the windows media encoder, and run a two-pass wmp9 encode on it... you can't match that quality with any quicktime codec, and while divx is better quality than qt, it still has problems.

the biggest issue with divx is that it creates a non-standard avi file that won't play back in wmp... and wmp is the standard default avi player on all internet computers, so you are forcing the end user to have to also download the divx player to see your movie... not the right choice for the average 'net surfer.

i agree with the concept of not resizing, because it will produce better picture quality... all you have to do is to make it 640x480, which makes the pixels square instead of rectangular... you should be able to do 12 minutes in less than 100mb, depending on the source... you can also offer the 320x240 as a choice.

finally, you can't compare animation to real video when it comes to compression efficiency... real video is much harder to compress.
Old December 8th, 2004, 10:10 AM   #1382
Wrangler

no problem!

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old December 8th, 2004, 11:06 AM   #1383
Regular Crew

Premier 1.0 DVD's good enought to learn 1.5 version?

Premier 1.0 DVD's good enought to learn 1.5 version?
Just wondering if I should shell out the extra $100 to get the latest training tapes?

With photoshop 7.0 versus Photoshop CS the tapes are almost the same, so I thought I might get some usefull feddback from people who have already gone this route?

Thanks, Rolland
Old December 8th, 2004, 11:43 AM   #1384
Trustee

My tutorials are available on http://www.lynda.com/ and the first chapter is free. Check it out. For only $25 for the month, you can get training on Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and much more. Cancel before the end of the 30 days and only get charged the original $25.
Old December 13th, 2004, 06:35 PM   #1385
Regular Crew

Premiere 6.5 Question

When using Premiere 6.5, how do you eliminate the flicker or strobe when slowing down the image that was recorded in 30 fps?
Old December 14th, 2004, 03:30 AM   #1386
Wrangler

Hi Ray,

Deinterlace or flicker removal.

These can be found by right clicking on the video clip in the timeline choosing video options and then select field options.

Hope this helps,

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old December 14th, 2004, 09:57 PM   #1387
Regular Crew

Any cool FREE plugins for premiere???

Are there any free plugins for adobe premiere pro??
Old December 15th, 2004, 05:28 AM   #1388
RED Code Chef

There are TONS and TONS of (free) plugins for Premiere. However,
I have not been using it for a long a time so I cannot really help
you in that regard.

Why not do a google search on something like "Premiere plugins",
I doubt it should take long before you find some sites that link
to all sort of plugins.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old December 15th, 2004, 10:54 AM   #1389
Regular Crew

I believe Premiere Pro 1.5 uses the After Effects engine and older Premiere plugins (premiere 6 and less) probably will not work. In the same token it can use most of the free After Effects plugins.
Old December 17th, 2004, 03:49 AM   #1390
Wrangler

Hi Steven,

Thats a tough question. I don't think that many people would have brought Adobe Premiere like you suggested, So I don't think you'll be getting many responses.

I would first of all try and get in contact with an Adobe dealer in your area. They'll properly have better prices than on the Adobe eurostore - Or at least could offer you some sort of deal.

Try posting on the adobe forum as well, or try and get in contact directly with Adobe.

Hope this helps,

Old December 17th, 2004, 04:25 AM   #1391
Regular Crew

which matrox card?

hi, which matrox real time editing card will work with adobe premiere pro 1.5

i read somewhere that old plugins dont work with this new premiere, so... if i get the old one.... like the matrix RT2000, will that work for this new premiere?

another question, if they're all realtime cards why are there so many different models? im REALLY clueless about matrox, JUST learned about them

any words of wisdom?

thx
-arthur
Old December 17th, 2004, 08:39 AM   #1392
Wrangler

Hi Arther,

In the Matrox range Premiere Pro will not work with anything less than an RTX100 or RTX 10. That rules out RT2000, RT2500.

If it was me I would go for the RTX100. It offers a few more features than the RTX 10.

All real-time (or hardware accelator boards) offer slightly different functionality than the other. It just depends whether you will benefit from them, and only you can decide that!

Take a look at this comparision between the RTX 100 and RTX 10:

http://www.matrox.com/video/products...comparison.pdf

Hope this helps a little,

Old December 18th, 2004, 12:56 AM   #1393
Major Player

I can speak for the Total Training Videos I have them for Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop. They are really nice put together videos. If you spend the time to work through them then you'll know the in's and out's of the program. Definatly worth the money. I bought my sets off ebay, and saved a lot of money on them. And I'd say you be safe going with the Premiere 1.0 DVD's.
Old December 18th, 2004, 01:35 AM   #1394
Major Player

I'd suggest you forget the matrox cards if you want to realize all the features of pp1.5.

After using Matrox cards for the last four years, I've gone with good hardware and OHCI card along with a pro audio card.

The rt.x100 isn't certified to work with any pro audio cards...... a deal killer right there, then when you add in other hardware conflicts and the loss of many features that aren't supported by Matrox, forget it.
Old December 20th, 2004, 11:37 AM   #1395
Regular Crew

Very Simple Question

I have a simple question that I should be able to figure out, but haven't been able to do so. I wish to capture in a lower quality (file size) for a pre-edit. I've messed with all the settings I can find. Can't figure it out. Let me know if you get a chance. Thanks in advance.

Rick Stephenson
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite