Odd audio sound on one word. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old July 14th, 2015, 09:20 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Odd audio sound on one word.

"can't quite afford Sound Forge right now but I did look into that."
- The lower cost Sound Forge Audio Studio 10.0 has the Smooth/Enhance process, but may not be worth it for one process. It's certainly useful for many other audio tasks as well though.
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 Tech Specs
I'm sure there are free or low cost 'smooth' plug-ins available that would do the job as well. Even attenuating the offending frequencies via EQ would likely work..

Jay: " It wouldn't be hard for me to imagine some interaction with the Shure and Marantz being the problem."
> I had a 660 for a while and would concur.
.. If the FP33 was feeding the 660 recorder, how was it hooked up? (XLR> XLR, mic or line? Tape out to 660 1/8" in? The 660's input stage clipped very easy.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2015, 09:28 AM   #17
Major Player

Re: Odd audio sound on one word.

Rob and Rick,

Thanks. Listen toward the end of the word apply. Maybe I'm way nit-picking this thing, but sounds like shit to me. And I'm willing to bet my ears are aged more than yours!

As far as the audio files, I am not sure they are transferring the way you mention. In my editing program everything is just the way I mentioned.

Set-up: Audio Technica 899 lav going to input 1 on FP33. Rode NT3 into input 2. Input 1 panned hard left, 2 panned right.

Mic level out from mixer to mic level in on 660 via xlr. Headphone out from 660 to 1/8' audio input on Nikon D800. Headphone out on D800 to Monitor In on FP33 to monitor audio. Gain Stage everything.

In post, FCP X, raise level of Lav and lower NT3 just for ambience.

Jonathan
Jonathan Levin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio