New SG35 'Real Spinning Ground Glass Adapter' Commercial version coming soon. - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old October 31st, 2005, 08:17 PM   #121
Regular Crew

How much does the SG35 weigh (sorry if this question has been asked before)? The cost is $240 US?
Will Hanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2005, 11:44 PM   #122
Regular Crew

I agree that having the battery pack attached to the camera would allow for handheld shooting, and this would be ideal. This feature would make the unit much more attractive to me.

Thanks for asking!

Gabriel
Gabriel Chiefetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 03:34 AM   #123
Trustee

As I understood, the price is 199 pounds or about 350 US dollars.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 09:12 AM   #124
Regular Crew

I know I'm being ridiculously impatient here, but any word yet on the FX1 footage? :)
Robert Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 09:30 AM   #125
Major Player

Thanks for your patients guys,

The FX-1 shoot had been canceled due to bad weather among other things.The guy needs to take a 2 and a half hour drive to get here, so we are aiming for next weekend when the trip will be more fruitful. This is kind of a one off chance for me to test with the FX-1, so really want to run full tests outside.

Thanks,
Wayne.
Wayne Kinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 11:31 AM   #126
Major Player

Wayne,
A lot of modifications, lots and lots of add ons has been said and I believe done on this SG35mm Adapter.

I am sure we will have to read all the threads on this whole board to get an insight on what to expect from this piece of equipment and since you are the one producing it, I am sure you are writing everybody's request and what modifications and add ons you have completed, etc.

So, could you please provide a fully updated list of everything on the SG35 adapter. E.g, Different SG35mm Adapter packages with prices:

S35mm Adapter with ????????? options
Achromat Lens
15mm Rod
Face Cap
Bag
Cost is $???

S35mm Adapter without ????????? options
15mm Rod
Cost is $???

You know, if you can please do this so that we can know which package to save for. Just like the Micro35 Indie Bundle,
The Digital Cinematographer's Bundle and the The micro35 Cinema Lens Adapter package.
Eniola Akintoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 11:54 AM   #127
Major Player

Hello,
I have been waiting to till i get the FX1 tested to announce the release of the SG35 with a list of prices. Below are the features:
-----
A real spinning glass element (not plastic) for maximum quality. The glass has also been treated for minimal light loss.

A 2 element condenser system to give a bright and completely eliminated hotspot/vignetting image, even at F16.

Adjustable ground glass spinning speed for different shooting situations. Set it a minimum for longer battery life. Adjust to spin faster when stopping down the SLR aperture or setting a faster shutter speed.

Includes and achromatic close up lens to aid in the camcorder focusing.

Includes 15mm rods support system, adjustable for different camcorders.
------

Basic SG35 package:
1x SG35 unit plus 15mm rod support system £199 plus P&P

1x Optional Quick Release sliding plate for mounting camcorder £50 (not needed)

Production time from payment received to unit shipped is 2 - 3 weeks.

Thanks for your interest,
Wayne.
Old November 1st, 2005, 12:34 PM   #128
Major Player

What about the Achromat lens and what is the price in $$$.
Besides, I thought you stated that you are giving discounts or has the deadline passed? or was it for the first 5 units, not sure anymore.
Old November 1st, 2005, 01:18 PM   #129
Major Player

The achromat is included in the £199 price.

Unfortunitly, the first 5 units have already been sold, even though its not officially released. So the price will be £199 (about $350) plus P&P.

Regards,
Wayne.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 05:59 AM   #130
Major Player

Strange, it says last post by gary stone, but nothing there?

Wayne.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:00 AM   #131
Major Player

Strange, it says last post by gary stone, but nothing there?

Wayne.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 06:00 AM   #132
Major Player

is there something wrong with the forum this morning? It says last post by gary stone, yet nothing there?

Wayne
Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:33 AM   #133
Major Player

Hmmm, not sure if there's anything wrong with the thread, well how can someone pay for the product?
I don't use paypal because I have an issue with them, but what other online secure form of payment do you have?

I will like to order for one but I will have to talk to you over the phone or email so that I can communicate with you the specific accesories I need my adapter to have. E.g power supply, xl2 specification, etc.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:33 AM   #134
Major Player

Hmmm, not sure if there's anything wrong with the thread, well how can someone pay for the product?
I don't use paypal because I have an issue with them, but what other online secure form of payment do you have?

I will like to order for one but I will have to talk to you over the phone or email so that I can communicate with you the specific accesories I need my adapter to have. E.g power supply, xl2 specification, etc.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:33 AM   #135
Major Player

Eniola Akintoye is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods