Power options... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Convergent Design Odyssey
...and other Convergent Design products.

Old December 9th, 2010, 08:55 AM   #16
Major Player

Hi Simon,

I believe I showed you how I mounted mine to my XLH1s. I've attached the pics below:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl...ml#post1591396

You can do a similar setup by mounting it on your XLH1's back bracket, and then maybe using industrial velcro to attach the battery pack to the backside of the bracket (the side facing the camera).
Michael Galvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 06:17 PM   #17
Major Player

What was

your reply in the end Dan, it never made it to the forum in regards to the craddle idea?

thanks

Adam
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #18
Major Player

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to have to go with the lithium batteries, mounted on the backplate as this will work best for my scenario.

Does anyone know where to get a screw/knob needed to mount a nanoflash - preferably from the internet? I guess they are 1/4"-20?

Lastly, Dan, do you have any updates when they battery pouches will be ready (and do you have any idea of the price range)? Thanks!
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #19
Major Player

why don't you try hawks-woods camera adaptor I have the BP-EX1+BP-EX3 and they work fine
Old December 19th, 2010, 05:22 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Simon,

I use these Hama Knobs from B&H. They area a bit too long to tigthen the unit to the bracket on the back of the XL-H1 so theyneed to be shortened a bit or else one needs to put a washer between the head and the mounting plate. They are also a bit expensive since they are sold only in a pack of 5, but they do look good and work well.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/258011-REG/Hama_HA_5124_1_Knob_with_1_4_20.html
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:15 PM   #21
Regular Crew

I need a power solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Keaton View Post
Dear Simon,

The last word I heard is that our supplier will have the battery pouches to us before Christmas.
Hi Dan,

As Iʻm moving from the XLH1 to a Panasonic AF100, I need a power solution for my Nano. Is the above-=mentioned solution available? Or, is there a way that I can use my AB D-tap cable with a 4-cell battery... or is there some other inexpensive and cool way to add a battery to my Nano?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff DePonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Dear Jeff,

If one want to use an Anton Bauer Gold Mount Battery, then nanoFlash.net will be selling a new device from Anton Bauer. They were the first to order these and they are expected in late January.

This mount puts out the 7.2 volt for the AF100 and 14.4 volts for other items.

Of course the nanoFlash can handle 6.5 volts to 19.5 volts.

Unless you want to use pro batteries, you could use the AF100 battery and a separate battery for the nanoFlash, either a two-cell, four-cell, or 8-cell battery.

The two-cell is nice and small, and lasts around 3 hours.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Convergent Design Odyssey