DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVD Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/)
-   -   Adobe Encore -- various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/48253-adobe-encore-various-topics.html)

Kit Hannah July 19th, 2007 02:21 AM

Why not just leave the encoding at automatic? Encore will give you the highest quality possible that will fit on your DVD, and it has options to set the max bitrate. We use vegas, render to AVI then let Encore do the etranscoding. Works out perfectly for the highest possible quality. We get nothing but compliments on our videos.

Noa Put July 19th, 2007 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kit Hannah (Post 714099)
Why not just leave the encoding at automatic?

I read about this after doing some "googling" on the subject yesterdayevening and tried the automatic settings and it was way past midnight when I finally saw that the output quality looked very good without any artifacts. It appeares that encore also choose for a single pass encode because it just took about an hour to get it done.
So, that's allready a big relief since I was on several deadlines and experimenting with output settings in the middle of the weddingseason isn't good for your health, :D

Richard Grebby July 24th, 2007 11:23 AM

Encore CS3 just closes

When i open encore it just closes, any thoughts?

Jason Thomson July 24th, 2007 01:02 PM

Logs?

Maybe check the log facility to which it logs. I think there is something called an "application log" in Windows.
I'll bet if you ask adobe, they might have a better answer.

Ben Winter July 24th, 2007 01:34 PM

This was an issue with stolen/warez pre-release versions. Are you sure you have a retail copy?

Richard Grebby July 24th, 2007 03:33 PM

I have a real copy, could it be that I have older trail stuff on their still.

Richard Grebby July 24th, 2007 03:57 PM

Ahha that sorted everything out. Sometimes I stun myself at my stupidity ;)

Tristan Howard July 31st, 2007 11:23 AM

Removing Text Flicker From Menus Made with Adobe Encore 1.5

Hi everybody,

After testing a DVD I made with Adobe Encore 1.5, the text on all my menus flickered terribly on a regular tube TV but looked fine on a a high-def LCD TV. My question is, how I do I get rid of the text flicker? It looks terrible and it seems like this problem shouldn't be too hard to fix. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tristan

Ger Griffin July 31st, 2007 11:51 AM

cant help you directly Tristan as i don't use that package.

But what might help is if your menus are cusomised try to stay away from white lines and avoid any lines that are only a pixel or 2 in width. this could cut down on it.

Tristan Howard August 6th, 2007 11:45 PM

Ger,

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't figure out how to change the pixels but instead I just ended up using certain fonts that only had minimal flicker compared to the wide variety I had before.

Ger Griffin August 7th, 2007 09:55 AM

yea thats one way of doing it anyway Tristian.
Its down to the refresh rate of a standard tv (50hz).
Its a bit slow so you get that on the edges of some lines.
I purposely bought a 100hz tv a few years ago for my own benefit.
Next stop HD

Kiflom Bahta August 7th, 2007 02:17 PM

Encore

Hey guys, Is there is a way to compress the audio in encore without buying the expensive dolby digital encoder. I am trying to compress the audio but encore give me two options. PCM and Dolby digital. PCM takes to much space. I Have cheaper dvd burning software and they offer dolby digital and other compression rate. Is there is cheap or free dolby digital software? Thanks (*___*)

Damon Gaskin August 7th, 2007 04:38 PM

It compresses it to dolby on its own during the transcode within encore if you allow it to do so. You don't have to like with Premiere purchase the Minnetonka plug in. If you have Encore, and you drop say an avi to a timeline or bring it in as an asset, you should be able to transcode your audio for your "dvd" to dolby, even with version 1.0 of Encore DVD...

K.C. Luke August 7th, 2007 07:16 PM

Using Encore transcoding dolby digital is the best way to get AC3 dolby sound. Premiere purchase the Minnetonka plug in may not good as EncoreDVD :)

Kiflom Bahta August 7th, 2007 09:10 PM

I tried it while exporting from premier cs3 but it didn't work. It only gave two options pcm and you have to buy dolby. but if you export as avi it did work.!!!