DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVD Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/)
-   -   Adobe Encore -- various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/48253-adobe-encore-various-topics.html)

Nathan Petersen August 7th, 2005 09:27 PM

Adobe encore dvd request time error

Every time I try to burn on dvd with encore it gives mea dvd request time error. Its like its haveing trouble transcoding.

Devin Eskew August 8th, 2005 12:54 AM

What type of file?
Is it already encoded MPEG-2 out of Premier, or are you having Encore do it?

Nathan Petersen August 8th, 2005 02:51 PM

No I saved it as a raw avi out of premiere. So encore is transcoding it to MPEG2. It saves quality that way.

Patrick Courtnage August 14th, 2005 05:34 PM

When the DVD starts at some chapter down the disc a little, is that on the stand alone? This happens to me to sometimes also. Does anyone know why this happens. I also build a DVD folder and then burn it with nero.

Jacob Ehrichs August 14th, 2005 10:29 PM

It seems to be only on my WinDVD 6 that it does this. Standalone starts with the correct menu. Weird. I'll chalk it up to software stupidity and move on. :)

Peter Wallington August 31st, 2005 11:43 AM

Dodgy Adobe Encore Transcode settings

ARGH!!

Finally finished my first wedding project. It's taken some considerable time but i'm finally happy with it.
The problem is I left Adobe Encore Transcode settings to "Automatic" on the understanding that it would then compress all the footage etc to just the right size to fit on DVD. After a good few hours of transcoding, it now says "Contents too large to fit on media"!!!

Does that mean the automatic settings just don't work!?
Whats the best way to solve this?
Do i now have to go about reverting to original files and then transcoding them all over again? Should i trust the automatic files to give it another go or set my own settings?

ARGH! I want it to be finished!

Christopher Lefchik August 31st, 2005 12:06 PM

How long is your project?

Peter Wallington August 31st, 2005 12:08 PM

Full movie of about 70 mins. Highlight reel of about 10 mins. Vid clip for motion menu of about 1.5 mins

Christopher Lefchik August 31st, 2005 06:22 PM

Well, that should work. Eighty minutes shouldn't be to long. Click on the "Disk" tab and check if you have any DVD-ROM content that could be putting you over the limit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Wallington
ARGH! I want it to be finished!

Believe me, I know the feeling!

Jason Kunz September 18th, 2005 02:06 PM

Can I do this in Encore?

I have an idea for a DVD menu to be made in Adobe Encore, but I'm not sure if the program can do it. The thing i want to do is, I have a strange-looking photoshop-made figure with a DV tape for a head on the left side of the screen, with a VX1000 in his hand. I want the menu to be animated so that when you have the cursor on a certain button, the camera in his hand will move to be "filming" the button you have selected. Is this do-able within Adobe Encore?

-Thanks,
JK

Christopher Lefchik September 19th, 2005 12:05 AM

There are two ways you could approach this, one simple, and one complex. The simple method would be to use a series of menus, one for when each button is selected. You would have the buttons set so that when the viewer moves to each button it is auto activated to go to the appropriate menu, which would show the camera pointing at the selected button.

Of course with this method the camera would jump to pointing at the button, as it is a still menu; there would not be a smooth, animated tilt of the camera from one button to the next one. Creating such animated tilts would be a complex process, and I don’t know of a way to accomplish this in Encore DVD. I don’t know if any DVD authoring software under a $1000 can accomplish such a task (DVDLab ($100-$200) might be able to). Even with higher end software, while it may be feasible to accomplish such transitions seamlessly for navigating a series of buttons on a set-top DVD player where the viewer has to follow the buttons sequentially in one direction or another, I'm not sure it would work for viewing on a computer where the viewer can randomly jump from one menu button to any other menu button.

Christopher Lefchik September 19th, 2005 08:53 AM

After putting some more thought into it, I think you could accomplish animated tilts of the camera from one button to another in Encore DVD.

You would have a somewhat similar setup to the simple method I described in my earlier post, but instead of still menus you would have to use motion menus. You would end up having to create more menus, however, as the animation would have to be different depending on which button the viewer is coming from.

Here is how you would set it up. Lets say you have a main menu with four buttons (A, B, C, and D). When the menu loads A is selected. From here viewers would have three possible button choices (B, C, and D). Thus, you would have to prepare three animations of the camera pointing from A button to each of the other buttons. You would duplicate your main menu three times and add the three animations as a video background, one to each menu. In the original menu, you would link the B, C, and D buttons each to the motion menu that would show the camera animated to the respective button.

You would then have to repeat the process you just did for the "A" button for each of the additional buttons. As you can see, you would quickly have quite a lot of menus (for this example you would end up with thirteen total for the main menu), and have a number of animations you would have to set up and render (twelve for this example).

Eirik Stefansen September 28th, 2005 07:50 AM

Adobe Encore woes.

Question1: Is it possible to put several video- or audioclips in one timeline?

I've made multiple animated written documents and want to add chapters so people will be able to leaf through the pages. I also want music to heard all the while this timeline is playing, but dont seem to be able to put more than one clip at a time in the timeline.

Is there anyway of fixing this that doesnt involve me having to render all of it into a giant file?

Question2: I've made an intromovie with music(added in encore), and want the music to continue into the first menuscreen. Is there an easy way to do this?

Any help will be deeply appreciated,

Eirik

Christopher Lefchik September 28th, 2005 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirik Stefansen
Question1: Is it possible to put several video- or audioclips in one timeline?

No, there is no way to do this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eirik Stefansen
Question2: I've made an intromovie with music(added in encore), and want the music to continue into the first menuscreen. Is there an easy way to do this?

Check out the section titled "Controlling menu display time and looping" in the Encore DVD 1.5 program help file or User Guide (it is on page 109 in the Encore DVD 1.5 User Guide). In the Encore DVD 1.0 help file see "Understanding menu display time and looping" (page 126 in the User Guide). What you need to do is set your intro movie and music as background video/audio for your first menu, and then set the point that you want your menu buttons to appear/become active (called the menu Loop Point, as the menu will loop back to that point once the end of the menu video/audio background is reached).

Sean McHenry September 28th, 2005 12:10 PM

In the help menu, look for "Playlist". It's a way to string assets together. I think you still have to create seperate timelines for each clip but using playlists, you can string multiple timelines together.

Imagine this, you are doing a DVD of a rock band. You have 5 songs with interviews between them. Using Playlist functions, you can create a button to play a playlist with everything, 1 song, one interview, one song, etc. You can also create another playlist that plays only the interviews. You can create another one that plays only the music. Without playlist functions, you need to make several full versions to do this. A version of the full video, rendered and taking up DVD space for the full version, a full rendered version for the interviews and yet a third rendered version for the music only.

Playlists save tons of space giving more flexability.

Hope that helps.

Sean McHenry