DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVD Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/)
-   -   Adobe Encore -- various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/48253-adobe-encore-various-topics.html)

John Davis March 12th, 2005 07:18 AM

Adobe Encore 1.0 Menus - Where To Buy More?

Hi, Where might a good place be to purchase more Encore menus for use in creating DVD's? Thanks, John

Hart Boyd March 12th, 2005 08:11 AM

You can subscribe to http://www.dvd-makers.com and download all you want.

Bret Pritchett April 26th, 2005 03:01 AM

Encore title/chapter help

I'm making a DVD and have 9 seperate video files that I want in the same timeline/title track, as 9 seperate chapters. From what I can tell, the only way I can create chapters is to split up the title video track. Is there any way I can put all 9 files in the same title video?

thanks
Bret

Christopher Lefchik April 26th, 2005 07:18 AM

Bret,

The Encore manual states that a timeline video track can contain only one video clip. If you must have all the video clips on one track, you will need to combine them in your video editing application.

Another option, if you have Encore 1.5, is to use a playlist to make the nine separate video clips (each on their own timeline) play sequentially, one after the other. See page 181 of the Encore manual.

If you have Encore 1 you can accomplish the same thing using end actions. See pages 122 and 134 of the manual.

I've used both methods in the past when I wanted a group of video files to play sequentially.

Bret Pritchett April 26th, 2005 08:04 AM

I used the end action feature, but that won't let the viewer use the chapter skip feature if they want to watch the next video. Back to Premiere I guess.

Christopher Lefchik April 26th, 2005 08:32 AM

I ran into that problem as well. I solved it by placing a chapter mark at the end of each video's timeline.

Richard Maloney April 26th, 2005 12:04 PM

I agree with Dan, DVD lab pro is great. (I have encore also and find it a pain and buggy). After going through architect 2, encore, ulead, various sonic products - I find the cheapest is also the most capable, intuitive and easiest to use (once you learn it-no problem) - DVD Lab Pro.
(I finally found an authoring program I like!- had to put in a good word for it)

Now encoding (.avi's to .mpeg for example) - this I do beforehand- you can do this with premiere (mainconcept).

Neil Fisher April 28th, 2005 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christopher Lefchik
I ran into that problem as well. I solved it by placing a chapter mark at the end of each video's timeline.

that allows you to go next chapter?

question is; if you have your nine clips, with end actions setup to play in order, with chapter markers at the end of each video clip. how do you go back a chapter?

Christopher Lefchik April 29th, 2005 07:08 AM

Quote:

that allows you to go next chapter?
Since the chapter marker is at the end of the current timeline, right before the end action kicks in to take you to the next clip, it effectively allows you to go to the next timeline in your sequence. The transition between the two is hidden since it is after the fade to black at the end of the first clip, so most people will probably think the next timeline is another chapter in one timeline. If you don't place a chapter marker at the end of the timeline viewers will be forced to watch the whole clip even if they want to skip to the next one.

Quote:

question is; if you have your nine clips, with end actions setup to play in order, with chapter markers at the end of each video clip. how do you go back a chapter?
You hit the chapter back button on the remote. ;-P Seriously, it works. It just won't back up in the same order. While end actions choose which clip the DVD player will play next, they have no affect on the order in which you back up. That comes from the order the titles are numbered in (titles are what each individual clip/timeline on a DVD is called). If your end actions/playlist say to play titles 5, 3, 2, 7, and then 4 in that order, if you back up when you are on the last title in your list, 4, the DVD player will do it in this order: 4, 3, 2, 1, and then you won't be able to back up further.

As far as I know there is no way in Encore DVD to specify the title number each timeline becomes.

Patrick Jenkins May 1st, 2005 08:40 AM

How does Adobe Encore or Sony DVD Architect compare to DVD Studio Pro?

I've done a lot of DVD authoring and it's all been DVDSP/Mac based. I can't think of a good way in which to compare them, but if I'm looking for a PC based authoring program which would be best for me with regard to full control, full or nearly full ability to work with DVD interactive specs, etc?

I'm assuming these aren't gimmicky types of DVD programs - is that even a safe assumption to make? DVDSP is very robust and I'm not sure what the PC side has that's similar.

thx!

Rob Lohman May 2nd, 2005 03:00 AM

DVD Studio Pro on the Mac is by far the fullest and most advanced authoring
system in this list. It offers full access to scripting etc.

DVD Architect 3 supports the maximum amount of angles which Encore does
not support (I think it has no angle support).

The top-end product in the PC world is Scenarist. However it is expensive it
very complicated product. Their product below Scenarist is Producer, but I
don't think that supports either scripting or multiple angles either.

A pretty cheap application is called DVDLab Pro which seems to have
support for scripting, but no multiple angles either (although they claim this
will come in the feature).

So if you need access to scripting then your two choices are Scenarist and
DVDLab Pro I believe. If this is something you will not need I would go for
DVD Architect 3 (unfortunately you have to buy it with their editing package)
and get the most bang for the buck (feature wise).

Matthew Nayman July 3rd, 2005 06:52 AM

Need REALLY fast help in Encore 1.5 DVD

Hey, I'll make it quick. I have used it for a while, no problems.

I am making a fairly compley menu and I have text from photoshop I want highlighted when the viewer selects it. I have all the buttons made and linked up (the text is buttons), and on MY pc the high lighting works after I burn the DVD, but when I try it on a DVD player and TV, the highlighting isnt there and you can't tell what you have selected.

Any Ideas? I need them done tonite (SUNDAY!)

Christopher Lefchik July 3rd, 2005 08:42 AM

Check out this thread on the same problem over on the Adobe forums: http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/w...2M.8@.3bb5b038

Josh Caldwell July 8th, 2005 11:04 AM

Encore 1.5

I'm trying to figure out what the best settings are for encoding my footage into Encore. Has anyone has some outstanding success with this program? And if so, any setting reccomendations?

Aanarav Sareen July 8th, 2005 11:56 PM

I prefer to leave it on auto transcode and hence Encore tends to fill up the disc with the best settings possible. Are there any specific problems that you are facing or is this a general question?