DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DVD Authoring (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/)
-   -   Adobe Encore -- various topics (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvd-authoring/48253-adobe-encore-various-topics.html)

Christopher Lefchik September 28th, 2005 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
In the help menu, look for "Playlist".

That would work, but it sounded like he wanted a music clip to play continuously as viewers looked at the clips and moved between them ("I also want music to heard all the while this timeline is playing"). You can't do that with playlists.

Eirik Stefansen September 29th, 2005 02:09 AM

Big thanks to you both. I'll check out both solutions and get back to you, might be helpful others. Great website btw.

Eirik

Cody Dulock October 1st, 2005 02:25 PM

if you output all your video files as mpeg2's for dvd you will save a ton of room and you wont have to transcode... you could test that and see how it looks after you burn a test copy.

Rob Brookes October 4th, 2005 04:00 AM

I need to output encore menu to tv for preview

Heh Guys,

I have tried outputing my menu in encore to dv camcorder and tv but no luck. I tried preferences video out and it just says offline. I click on buttons search etc, no go. I use tv output in premiere 1.5 all the time.
Preview menus on a DV device (Adobe Encore DVD 1.5)

Adobe Encore DVD opens the Menu Editor window when you create a new menu, import a menu you created in Adobe Photoshop, or open an existing menu.

I have copied this from adobe and have tried this-

To preview a menu in the Menu Editor window on a DV (IEEE 1394) device, set the Video Out preference:

1. Choose Edit > Preferences > Video Out.

2. Choose Show Menu Editor On DV Hardware.

3. Choose the DV device from the Device menu. (If the device isn't listed in the Device menu, make sure that the device is attached to your computer and turned on, and then click Search to refresh the Device menu list.)

4. Click OK.

Please help me solve this as it would save me lots of time in burning.
Regards, Rob

Sean McHenry October 4th, 2005 07:51 AM

Sorry if you know this already but,
Your camera needs to be in VCR mode and your camera has to be able to accept incoming DV and send it out to the analog outputs. Not all DV camcorders will do this.

On my camera I have a menu that allows me to turn that off and on. Look in your menus for a function that allows DV In/Analog out or something like that. Hit the manual for the camera and make sure it can do that to.

If you are sure that is all OK, I can only tell you the output to DV function in Encore 1.5.1, at least for me is a by odd. Works on some things, not others.

Last, I seem to recall it only really works for me if I use "Preview" to watch the preview of the DVD. That means you have to render everything including your menus. If it isn't rendered, it won't play out to the monitor.

Sean McHenry

Rob Brookes October 4th, 2005 04:03 PM

Thanks Sean. Yes I use this method in Premiere all the time. Seems encore are lacking control over the outputs for dv though. I output through a canopus storm bay but can not seem to get a signal in encore. I have everything rendered as you suggested and when I check the video out in preferences its all blank, how do I get it to talk to the camera. I have version 1.5.1 also. I will keep trying until another suggestion hopefully comes along.
Thank you.

Rob Brookes October 5th, 2005 04:18 PM

Any other ideas please as I would like to find solution

Sean McHenry October 6th, 2005 03:38 PM

Have you tried reading the Adobe forums? You probably have. Just wondering if this is something that never really worked right or if it's just us that have had issues.

Sean

Rob Brookes October 6th, 2005 06:14 PM

Yes, I checked the adobe forums. They did not seem to know of any issues.
I will keep investigating though. Thanks for your help from Ohio, long way from Ohio America to Gold Coast Australia.

Sean McHenry October 7th, 2005 12:15 AM

I'm also an Amateur Radio Operator. I'm used to the distances.

Sean McHenry (KB8JNE)

Eirik Stefansen October 9th, 2005 05:50 AM

Update:

I wasnt able to find anything about playlists(using encore 1.0) so ended up rendering a long file and using chaptermarkers, works ok but the music will of course change when skipping back and forth.

For my second problem I just edited the music(snipped off the first five seconds for the intro and started five secs into the song on the menu) before importing into encore, works a treat :) .

Now I've burnt the project and everything works fine on my workstation and laptop, but I cant get it to play on my Xbox. Does anyone know if the Xbox is difficult to get DVDs to play on or will I have a problem getting the DVD to play on normal players?

Xander Christ October 16th, 2005 02:56 AM

I found that the greatest compatibility for DVD playback on most DVD players and game consoles is to burn a DVD-R (not RW) on the slowest speed possible. I purchased a couple of DVD players to verify compatiblity (Zenith/LG, a Sony PS2 and an Initial $39 player). It seems like the PS2 and Zenith have issues with DVD+Rs and high-speed DVD-Rs. That $39 Wal-mart special plays back everything I throw at it. But I've made it a habit to burn only 2x DVD-Rs for distribution (Imation and TDK I find to be the most reliable brands for PS2 playback). I have two DVD burners, on from Lite-On and the other from Toshiba, so I don't think burner brand is an issue.

I know that doesn't help you with your Xbox specifically, but try burning at a slow speed on a DVD-R and see if that works.

Gregory St. John October 28th, 2005 07:08 AM

Archiving files with ADOBE ENCORE DVD ??

Can anyone tell me the best way to burn all my .jpgs, .wavs, .txt, and other misc. files on my computer using adobe encore dvd v. 1.0.1.. I cant figure it out.
thank you. These files are not part of any dvd project, I just want to get them of my computer.

Aanarav Sareen October 28th, 2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregory St. John
Can anyone tell me the best way to burn all my .jpgs, .wavs, .txt, and other misc. files on my computer using adobe encore dvd v. 1.0.1.. I cant figure it out.
thank you. These files are not part of any dvd project, I just want to get them of my computer.

Encore DVD is NOT the tool for this. Download a trial version of Nero and burn everything as a data disc.

Pete Bauer October 28th, 2005 06:50 PM

Agreed. Technically, you CAN archive with it by adding content to the DVD-ROM folder of the DVD (see the manual or help for the steps), but it is not the most elegant solution. Far easier to use the software that is bundled with your DVD writer or one of the inexpensive apps like Nero or Roxio for those kind of tasks.