NLE Mac / Final Cut questions from 2003 - Page 66 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old September 12th, 2003, 09:40 AM   #976
Regular Crew

I'll check for that pass-through setting...I knew it had to be something like that! As for Stowe...autumn is fantastic. However, when it hits -35 in January, SoCal will sound pretty good! Thanks for the info.
Tim Tonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2003, 10:59 AM   #977
Major Player

Boyd you can export to .avi within quicktime itself.
Matt Stahley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2003, 02:18 PM   #978
Regular Crew

Never done this before, don't want to mess up

I just got a 120GB LaCie d2 hard drive. What do I have to do to format it, if at all? (I've go an eMac with OS 10.2)
Any additional advice is welcome.

Thank you.

Stylianos Moschapidakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2003, 05:55 PM   #979
Warden

This is easy. Go to your Applications Folder>Utilities Folder>Disk Utility>Start Program.

In the left hand window your new drive should appear. Click once on it, to highlight the drive.

If you want to partition the drive click the Partition Tab. Set up the size and names of the partitions and when ready click the partition button in the lower right.

If you want to use OS 9 click the box to enable OS 9 drivers.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2003, 09:51 PM   #980
Regular Crew

RAM Recommendations?

I'd like to at least double the amount of RAM in my dual 1 Ghz G4 (mirrored drive doors, noisy fans, DDR RAM, etc). Is there any particular brand of RAM that is recommended that will get along with what is already installed? Also are there any particular dealers (online) recommended with good prices and reliable service?

Thanks.
Ted Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2003, 11:23 PM   #981
Regular Crew

chip merchant is one good source NT

chip merchant is one good source NT
Old September 13th, 2003, 12:48 AM   #982
Regular Crew

Actually I am looking for RAM for the Mac (described above), not an NT system. Thanks.

Anyway you have a link to this "chip merchant"? What is it? can anyone recommend specific RAM?
Ted Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2003, 11:44 AM   #983
Inner Circle

The RAM you want is probably kingston or crucial. Anyways, no one needs to remember this. Pretend you are buying "mac RAM" (google search that) and find I site where you have to enter in what your Mac is. You will find the RAM that is from the right manufacturer (generic doesn't count, stay away from that), speed (DDR-something), and brand (manufacturers usually have high performance RAM and normal RAM- you probably want the normal RAM because you don't get an advantage from better RAM).

newegg.com has good prices for computer parts (don't know about RAM). crucial.com has an online store for crucial RAM. There are some "hot deals" websites around on the internet if you can wait for a hot deal.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2003, 12:35 AM   #984
Regular Crew

Cinema Tools

Does anyone know of a web site that has a descriptive explanation of 1. all of the functions of Cinema Tools and 2. how to properly use these functions? Thanks for any help.
Darrell Hinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2003, 03:44 PM   #985
Regular Crew

Thank you for your reply, Jeff.

Actually there was no need for me to format the drive because it comes preformatted. So all I had to do was to plug it in.

Old September 14th, 2003, 03:55 PM   #986
Regular Crew

Found 1 file that doesn't belong in this project?

Done search on this but wasn't able to find an answer.

I just copied 3 short video projects from my eMac's hard drive to my external Lacie d2 120GB drive. Now whenever I open two of these projects (either from my eMac's internal HD or from the Lacie one) , I get the following message in iMovie 2.1.2:

"Found 1 file that does not belong in this project"

And it asks me whether I want to trash that file or leave it alone. So far I have chosen the "Leave the file alone" option. The project nevertheless seems to function properly. I have been using iMovie for some 6 months now and never had any problem.

Can anyone guess why I'm getting this message? Is there a solution to/workaround for this?

Any help will be greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Old September 14th, 2003, 06:26 PM   #987
Inner Circle

Move the 1 files that doesn't belong out of the media folder?
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2003, 08:27 PM   #988
Regular Crew

Well, yes, that would have been a way to relosve this issue. However, I have checked the media folder and found no file that doesn't belong to my project. In other words, all the files in the media folder are being used.

Old September 15th, 2003, 12:02 AM   #989
Tourist

end media?!?

I'm exporting a clip thats going to be played on television. So end time must be specific. In my timeline i have the clips ending at 28m.30s. But my "End media" is up till 28.31? so when i export the clips into a single quicktime file it says my clips are total time of 28.31, but they arnt!? I'm very confused over this, cause now i have to edit out a portion of the ending of the show, and it makes the ending, end just a little too quickly. Can someone help with why it does this? and how can i fix it?!!

Thanks in advance,
Todd
Todd Szuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2003, 12:25 AM   #990
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

What editing platform are you using? (Mac or PC? Final Cut Pro? Avid? Premiere? Vegas?)

How are you performing the export from your editor?

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite