Canon XH A1 and Firestore - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old January 25th, 2007, 10:05 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Called the # from the website and spoke to the tech Joe. He laughed and said he never heard of anything like this happening. I suggest you calling yourself as a "user" and see for yourself.

I'm curious though Matt, why are you addressing only this statement from me when I have asked you other questions in other threads that you were in?
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:11 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Also, I was emailed on Thu, 4 Jan 2007 13:23:46 by the tech support and again it stated the same thing. Here's a copy of the email chain which I will be more then happy to forward to you and/or anyone else:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Hello Jay,

I am sorry for the confusion. Matt is actually talking about a future upgrade for the FS-C. This upgrade has only been talked about and not even available for beta testing yet. It might not be available for several months down the road (maybe summer).

Our tech support department doesn't hear about these future developments so we are going on present information. We apologize for the confusion.

As of now the FS-4Pro HD will not have this upgrade. However, this may change.

Thanks,
Joe

Sent: Thu 1/4/2007 1:30 PM
To: Support
Subject: FS-4Pro HD

Will the FS-4Pro HD have the same update as the FS-C in regards to QT
1080i/24F recording?

I have been mislead by two people in your tech department as well as
one of your retailers as they said the FS-4Pro HD & the FS-C are the
same units and will have the same updates. Your techs and retailers
have a different answer almost everytime I have called and Matt McEwen
seems to provide a totally different response though these web forums
as well.

I need a final official word from your company before my return policy
expires from your retailer.

Please respond soon.

Many thanks,
Jay
Old January 25th, 2007, 07:27 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Beta 2.1

I wonder how soem people on this page say they are currently beta testing if it doesn't exist. I doubt Matt would just be 'lying.' I there is probably just a communication problem. Or a big conspiracy!. I sure hope they get it worked out because I am starting a documentary in 2 weeks, shooting 24f. I guess I can always sell the firestore and buy a HV-10 and use it as a capture deck.
Until then I dream of at least being a beta tester.
Ryan
Ryan Flesher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2007, 08:43 PM   #34
Regular Crew

I don't think Matt is being untruthful, I just know first hand that there's clearly so clear "straigh forward" answer to any of this. Numerous phone calls to the company, the vendor that I bought from (videoguys) and Matt have proven this. Plus, I'm not the only one dealing with this wrangled information mess. I feel like a total victim of all of this mess.
Old January 25th, 2007, 09:00 PM   #35
Major Player

it is beta testing !

I am a beta tester and so far their are problems as with any software updates and enhancements. Matt is good people and Focus Enhancements is just having growing pains. Look apple is going to update FCP so that it can read m2t files so the whole industry is just trying to catch up . I am just trying to help so that the software upgrade will be available soon.

Sincerely

Doug T
Doug Tessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2007, 04:51 PM   #36
Regular Crew

I'm sure Matt is a good dude, I never once thought otherwise.

Where did you see that Apple was going to provide an update to work with m2t files?
Old January 26th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #37
Major Player

Re:apple

I do consulting for a compsny that works with apple computer , early July to late august FCP will be updated and maybe sooner .

Doug
Old January 31st, 2007, 06:18 PM   #38
Focus Enhancements

Just to clarify, version 2.1 is in beta test and it does add QuickTime 1080i/24F and 25F support to FS-C (and FS-C only).

Jay, sorry if I missed your other questions. Feel free to email me at mmcewen at focusinfo.com. I get on these forums as much as I can, but sometimes I miss a few questions.

We will be looking for more FS-C version 2.1 beta testers soon. Please email if you are interested (you need to own an FS-C).

Thanks,

Matt
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 02:27 PM   #39
Major Player

"Just to clarify, version 2.1 is in beta test and it does add QuickTime 1080i/24F and 25F support to FS-C (and FS-C only). "

Just curious Matt as to why the 24f - Quick Time capability will/can not be translated into the FS4-ProHD which was sold as a package with the H1.
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 09:12 PM   #40
Regular Crew

damn, that's so freakin' bad. I can't even begin to say how upset I am because of this. I was clearly told that there's no difference between the FS4-ProHD and the FS-C. Now here I am, a month and 1/2 into owning my FS4-ProHD and you guys are testing exactly what I need but only for the FS-C? LOL, wtf people!
Old February 25th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #41
New Boot

FS-C in Production?

Does the FS-C 60GB model exist at this point? B&H says they are accepting orders now for a future shipment. Is it in stock anywhere?
Tom Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 12:28 PM   #42
Regular Crew

status of beta testing

Does anyone know the status of the beta testing for the update for the FSC(that is, the one that will support 24f in QT)?
Old March 19th, 2007, 09:30 PM   #43
New Boot

I spoke to a reliable source and I am being told that the FS-C is ready to go but Canon and Focus can't agree on some parts of the agreement for the C model of the firestore and that is what all of the delay has been. Meanwhile, we wait.
Tom Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #44
Major Player

What are you talking about !

I have a FS-c 100 for two months now so its available . The only feature that is not enabled is 30f . Other than that it's great.

Doug T

ESPN/ABC
Old March 20th, 2007, 04:56 PM   #45
Regular Crew

Doug, do you mean that your FSC records 24f in Quicktime?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore