DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/3575-helping-hands-2003-a.html)

Rob Lohman October 7th, 2003 10:17 AM

WOW! Those are looking very nice. If you update your profile
by going to the user cp in the upper right corner you can fill
in your site in the homepage part. Whenever you'll post here
there will be a WWW button under your post that people
can click, thought you'd might like to know that.

Rob Lohman October 7th, 2003 01:45 PM

Instant Films is to the best of my knowledge still LA only indeed...

Charles Papert October 7th, 2003 02:44 PM

So far, yes. When the corporate sponsorship comes in, taking the show on the road is part of the plan.

Paul Martin October 7th, 2003 07:51 PM

Anybody know Heddy Honigmann

Over the past week I watched 5 of the films in the Honigmann retrospective at MOMA. I was astounded by them all. Along with Hou Hsiou Hsien, Godard, and Rohmer she is now one of the most interesting living filmmakers to me. I want very much to work for a film/videomaker whose work I admire so that I can help to make possible film and video I am passionate about and in so doing intimately learn the process involved. Does anyone know a way I can contact Honigmann (ie when and where her next in-person screening will take place or if there is a way I can email her)? Feel free to post a response or email me directly.

Thanks

Ozzie Leon October 8th, 2003 12:53 PM

Head to the theather department at any school, you will get lots of help.

Most people will be willing to work for free + experience.

Everyone that is working on my movie with me are free.

Ozzie Leon October 8th, 2003 01:18 PM

Yea check out industrial video, they also have a location in columbus ohio. I 've purchased many things through them and they can do rental. You can rent a ag-dvx100 or xl1 for around 150.00 to 175.00 per day. Sorry I can't help you I have 2 ag-dvx100. But I am in the process of shooting my own projects.

Sasha Froyland October 8th, 2003 01:18 PM

HDTV Equip - For Rent - Colorado

Hello,

Trying to keep my equipment busy between projects, so, if anyone would like to rent my HDTV camera and Editor, it is available. Equipment must remain in studio office located in the Denver Metro area.

General Equipment Description:
Camera: JVC HD-10U
Dell Precision Workstation – FULLY Loaded.
Adobe Pro – all products to include HDTV Plugin.
Etc....

If interested, please contact to discuss details.

Thanks,

Sasha Froyland
SashaFroyland@Excite.com

Rob Lohman October 8th, 2003 01:49 PM

This one? It is usually hard to track down
such people and get them to seriously listen to you <g>

Ted Bragg October 9th, 2003 12:03 PM

Thanks! I'll do just that!

Rik Sanchez October 9th, 2003 07:25 PM

Yeah, very good work. Over here in Japan a lot of movie theaters have hand painted bill boards advertising the movie. Usually it's a shot from the movie and the artists are pretty good except sometimes you will see one with the nose or jaw totally off and then it looks kinda funny. With Japan being so high tech, it's nice to see the personal touch is still around. Good luck with you work.

Bill Peterson October 10th, 2003 03:49 PM

Shooter in Barcelona-Know of one? Know someone who may know?

Ok let's see if it really works. Hoping the rule of 6's will turn up a recommended shooter for me in Barcelona

Middle of the 1st week in November I've got a client who could use a little help shooting some footage on his DVX100 while he's there. It would be a student in front of subway with landmark in scene talking about their dual degree program and then some general scenic shots and then some shooting at the University of Barcelona.

Not high pressure stuff but it needs more cinemagraphic ability than my (nice guy) client can muster, I think.

Can anyone think of a good guy or gal for such a gig? I would appreciate it. My project would be better too with a shooter, shooting.

Thanks,
Bpete

Brian Huey October 11th, 2003 03:18 AM

Posted this earlier but guess I didn't hit the 'submit' button:

Good looking work, are those from movies you've just made up or from actual fims? I take it that it's the former since the 'Fear in the Mist' with Bruce Campbell caught my eye, but I hadn't heard of it before.

Have you seen "Bubba Ho-Tep"? It's a great Bruce Campbell flick.

Cheers,
Huey

Haasim Mahanaim October 11th, 2003 09:47 AM

Originally posted by Brian Huey :
Quote:

...'Fear in the Mist' with Bruce Campbell caught my eye, but I hadn't heard of it before.
For me it was Chase Masterson and Robert Beltran that caught my eye. Masterson was a recurring character on Star Trek DS9 and Beltran was the First Officer on Star Trek Voyager.

Anyway, I love the posters. (I'm curious about the SpaceMan movie. I love how the poster looks like something from a 70's scifi flick.)

Hopefully sometime in 2004 or 2005 I will be ready to make use of your services. :)

Mike Rehmus October 11th, 2003 01:22 PM

WE've got one member from Barcelona. Do a search on the city name.

Stacy Principle October 12th, 2003 08:48 PM

A little info please?

Hello everyone im new to the dv community so bear with me. Thanks!

Im in the last stages of pre production on a 15 min short. I was going to shoot it on a gl2 but now im thinking about shooting it with pro 8mm for the low light aspect. I can get my hands on a sony vx2000 so maybe that can work!

I need some advice from some members!! Thanks.

IM from Chicago so if any members want to get involved in my next film get at me. Im a poor college student so i can`t pay you but i can sure feed you with some good chi town cooking!

Rob Lohman October 13th, 2003 12:23 PM

Keep in mind that 8mm shooting is going to cost you more then
when you shoot it on DV. Also, if it is your first short I'd highly
recommend shooting on digital, trust me on that one.

Another tip: please use descriptive titles for threads. A thread
with the name "A little info please?" doesn't give out any
information at all to what your question is. A lot of people just
skips those threads since the number of threads are increasing
every day here.

Thanks!

Stacy Principle October 13th, 2003 09:31 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Rob Lohman : Keep in mind that 8mm shooting is going to cost you more then
when you shoot it on DV. Also, if it is your first short I'd highly
recommend shooting on digital, trust me on that one.

Another tip: please use descriptive titles for threads. A thread
with the name "A little info please?" doesn't give out any
information at all to what your question is. A lot of people just
skips those threads since the number of threads are increasing
every day here.

Thanks! -->>>

Stacy Principle October 13th, 2003 09:53 PM

which format to shoot on

Thanks Rob on the info, I think i will shoot on dv but i think it will be the sony vx2000 with promist filters.

thanks and long live indies.

Mike Rehmus October 13th, 2003 10:12 PM

Recommend you do your filtering in post, not in the camera. That way you have choices.

Stacy Principle October 14th, 2003 02:10 AM

Thanks Mike for your help.

To all members, i have a connection to a indie art house theather in Benton Harbor MI that would like to show indie filmmakers works.

You will need your film on Vhs or dvd, and a poster for your promotion.

If you live in the greater Chicago area or closer, Benton Harbor is about 95 miles away. If this sounds good to you you can email me or leave me a post.

PS. IN Benton Harbor they are starving for a film movement so the city will not give you a hard time about shooting on their streets and the lake is a wonderful place to shoot for free.

I will be shooting my short there so come check me out !

1 avenue films... GOT 2 LUV IT!

Ted Bragg October 17th, 2003 11:57 AM

Spaceman will be re-worked to look more dynamic...the one up there now is a 'teaser'.

I'm a big fan of Campbell and everybody 'starring' in my posters. Sadly, I can't find good photo refs of any of those actors...

I've got a sale going on right now! Instead of the normal $400 fee, first time customers can get their one-sheet poster done up for only $150.

Take a look at www.tedbragg.com and email me.

Betsy Moore October 17th, 2003 03:59 PM

No-Budget Film

Putting together a two-character Charlie Kaufmanesque feature set in a cabin, shooting from November 8-November 23 up at Big Bear, CA two hours outside Los Angeles--and we need a camera operator and a sound man.

We're using the new JVC HD camcorder and in case you're curious, we're thrilled with the quality of the images it produces.
Unfortunately, there's no pay, it's only a labor of love--but it's a great script and great actors--and on the off chance someone buys it after it plays the festivals, of course all those involved would get a generous percentage. It could especially be a good oportunity for someone just starting out and looking for experience.

As two weeks is a long commitment, we only expect people to volunteer a portion of that time--we'd be thrilled to use whatever hours you have to offer.

If you're interested we'll email you a PDF of the script to see if it enthuses you.

Also, in exchange for any days worked on the movie my colleague will be glad to volunteer his services and the HD cam for any project in the LA area you'd like to do.

Thanks for reading:)

Bryan McCullough October 17th, 2003 09:01 PM

Looking for a list of available people in the DFW area.

First off, I'd like to see who is around here so I know who I can call on when I need something.

Secondly, I'm currently planning to shoot a pilot of a show I've developed to pitch to TLC (and similiar stations). I'll need some crew for the shoot. This would be a pro-bono deal.

Let me know if you're in this area and what your interest is.

Thanks.

Alex Ellerrman October 21st, 2003 07:54 PM

Chicago Crew Call

Intelligent micro budget indie thriller feature from repped writer lensing in Chicago this winter... Project will likely originate on HD. 7 actors, one location, catered, etc.

Looking for various crew positions, including sound and line producer. Please send resume to alex@kirchit.com

thank you

Roy Verges October 23rd, 2003 08:40 AM

Hello Bryan. My name is Roy Verges, and I'm an editor using
Premiere 6.5 (PC platform).

Please let me know if you need any editing done.

I also do some audio when time allows.

If you like, you can email me at rverges@dentonisd.org.

Roy Verges October 23rd, 2003 08:40 AM

Hello Bryan. My name is Roy Verges, and I'm an editor using
Premiere 6.5 (PC platform).

Please let me know if you need any editing done.

I also do some audio when time allows.

If you like, you can email me at rverges@dentonisd.org.

Peter Rummel October 25th, 2003 12:25 AM

What a coincidence. I have a friend who is an excellent shooter who just moved to Barcelona with his family a couple of weeks ago. Let me know if you're still interested and I'll see if I can find out his new email address.

Bill Peterson October 25th, 2003 06:04 AM

Thanks Peter ... but we just contracted someone there on Thursday.

Bill

Matt Woodson October 26th, 2003 11:57 AM

Cinematographer Needed

Hi everyone,

I'll be shooting a feature indie film in May 2004 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I'm currently looking for a cinematographer who knows what they are doing with the camera. The film will be shot with Panasonic DVX 100 or Canon XL1S. My goal is going to be to make the film look
"film like". If any of you are serious about it and are intrested, email me for more details.

IMPORTANT: please also note that this is low-budget film, we are putting money from our own pockets, thats why we can't afford to pay anyone, all our actors and another crew are doing this for free. This is a film that we will be entering for film festivals. We want to get out there and have lots of fun with the filming cause thats the most important thing. If any of you want to gain more experience, get more credit, and maybe get recognized at festivals and have some fun, then email me if your serious about it for more details.

Yes we will provide, shelter and food, and entertainment.

Derrick Begin October 28th, 2003 09:55 AM

Seeking GL2 Rental

I am looking to rent a GL1/GL2 for two weeks in July 2004 for a wedding project.

I have an XL1S that I will be using the GL for coverage shots. This is a NON-COMMERCIAL, NON-Paying gig that I am doing.

Your camera will be cared for and taken care of and insured by me.

Thanks in advance.

AREA: NEW YORK CITY

Cheers!

Derrick

Mark Radford November 10th, 2003 02:12 AM

Bryan,
All depends on what you need and the time commitment.
I enjoy edit work as well as shooting DV. You can reach me at markrad@charter.com
I'm in the metroplex.

Mark

Dan Lahav November 10th, 2003 02:18 AM

Contact me for free help! (San Diego)

I'm located in San Diego, CA. If you're filming and need an extra hand, shoot me an email! BTW I am a total newbie that would like some exposure to the filming world. Please no lame tasks like getting people food and bringing coffee. I want something valuable so I can ->LEARN<-

Guest November 10th, 2003 04:06 PM

What you got??

Guest November 10th, 2003 11:56 PM

I live on the north side of Chicago in Andersonville.

I do Indie films and I have a rig if you are still out there email or post reply.

Tom

Andrew Koenig November 11th, 2003 12:11 PM

DP w/ AGDVX-100 sought for Short Film

First off there is no pay or rental fee, so if that's not your thing, I apologize, but that's the way it is.

I am a member of Group 101 Films(www.group101films.com), a short film collective, and am looking for a DP with the AGDVX-100 for my latest short here in Los Angeles.

The story is about a young man facing personal crises during a night on magic mushrooms.

Planning three night shoot on and around Dec 8th; using full-moon light for exterior night shots.

One of my shorts aired on AMC for their Monster Fest this past Halloween.

If interested, I will forward you the script and we can discuss the project.

Best,

Andrew

monkeygolucky@yahoo.com

Aaron Rosen November 12th, 2003 01:50 AM

So when does the next one get under way?

Mark Argerake November 13th, 2003 09:21 AM

At the risk of sounding like an ass, I gotta say that's not the best attitude.

If you truely are a newbie and are looking for exposure you're best bet is to get yourself on a set doing whatever you can. Just being there and seeing how it all comes together is invaluable, even if you are handing coffee to everyone. You can learn by observing and asking questions. Refusing to do some basic newbie PA responsiblilities, you're putting a chip on your shoulder which may deter a crew from considering you one of the team and since filmmaking is a team sport and all about collaberation, I doubt you'll learn as quickly as you like.

Jason Casey November 14th, 2003 03:38 PM

Videographer Available in Madison, WI

Just letting everyone know if you are looking for a videographer or an extra cameraman in the Madison Wisconsin area please let me know, I am dying to do some real work! I have a GL2, Vegas video 4 for editing as well as a lot of other things at my disposal. I have a degree in Radio and TV boradcasting from the Madison Media Institute and a lot of experience. Feel free to contact me at Jason@jcmediaservices.com for more information. I have VERY reasonable rates, probably a steal for most people!

Jim McQuaid November 15th, 2003 12:59 PM

Need GL2 videographer in Triangle area of NC

I am beginning production planning for an indie short (but well organized!) to be shot in Raleigh and Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Photography will happen in January through March 2004 (but only weekends or evenings) I want to shoot several scenes with a two-camera setup - I have to have a GL2 (or maybe XL1) to match my GL2 without a lot of screwing around. If you are experienced or interested in learning please contact me via jim @ turnipvideo.com. You can also check out my web site, www.turnipvideo.com. Thanks.

Dan Lahav November 17th, 2003 01:57 AM

Mark, you're absolutely correct...