AC90 Sample Footage - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders
AVCHD for pro applications: AG-AC160, AC130 and other AVCCAM gear.

Old December 19th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #121
Inner Circle

Re: AC90 Sample Footage

Hi Tom

For me it's purely convenience. While the guests are having pre-dinner drinks I do interview with them and the Rode mic works very well here. I just then leave the Rode running for the rest of the evening...I never know when I just down to one camera (after speeches) if there might be an impromptu announcement so I get results with the Rode...on a 90 that would mean a hurried change on the camera to go back to the Rode from the internal mic and i'd probably miss the event.

I'm trying to do a painless changeover as my current cams are not even listed by the supplier anymore and at the same time try to avoid all the nasty issues that I encountered with the AC-130, some of which seem to have moved over to the AC-90

Weddings are another animal completely so quite often you DO need a camera that can point and shoot and set itself in seconds when the bride suddenly beckons to you and says "Film it, film it" ..for an event that might last 30 seconds you have no time to set up a camera..just turn on and hit record ..I guess that's why they call it run 'n gun? Obviously during ceremonies and such you do have time to go manual, focus accurately and set up a camera but the "on the spur of the moment" stuff needs full auto.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #122
Inner Circle

Quote:
quite often you DO need a camera that can point and shoot and set itself in seconds when the bride suddenly beckons to you and says "Film it, film it"
Starting from receptions I shoot with dslr's but I have one cx730 in a bag the size of the camera attached to a belt at all times. If something unannounced happens I can wip it out and start filming in matter of seconds, it has gotten me footage I otherwise would have missed
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 03:44 PM   #123
Major Player

Well I've been working on the ceremony footage and I can't believe how much better the 90 looks compared to the FX's.....much cleaner and a little sharper. The FX's have to be run -3 or -6db of gain to be that clean. I know the 90 was at 18db at times. I did have to brighten up the 90 footage because I under exposed. If I had gotten the exposure right it really would look even more amazing....of course I'm comparing it to 5 year old camera's. The only downside is when rendered down to standard def, the difference isn't that much, I can tell it's looks cleaner and sharper but my wife can't.
Old December 21st, 2012, 06:35 PM   #124
Inner Circle

Hey Tim

I bet it looks a lot better! At -7 you would have been significantly under! I shot a wedding at -2 on the AC-130 and the whole thing looked really insipid. If you lift the gamma just a tad in post it will sparkle up the footage significantly!!

Maybe we will see a short clip of your results after post production?

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic AVCCAM Camcorders