Anyone using the FZ1000 for weddings? - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series
4K and AVCHD via compact point & shoot "bridge" cameras.

Old June 23rd, 2015, 03:07 PM   #91
Major Player

Re: Anyone using the FZ1000 for weddings?

Shot in 4k,.Rendered using youtube template in Sony Vegas 12. I must try some 1080 footage to see how that encodes
Old June 23rd, 2015, 05:53 PM   #92
Inner Circle

Thanks Colin

That's really good for a bridge camera!! I bet my Sony would have tons of noise !! I have an idea that you cannot get to ISO6400 in 4K mode only in 1080P ... I'm sure I read somewhere in the manual that 4K limits at 3200 ISO but I could be wrong of course!! Still super footage indeed .. I would fancy a wedding in that Church!!!

Thanks also Mark ... when I get to the stage of looking at anything else I'll give you a holler ...With a 2X crop factor on the GH cameras it will be hard to find anything wide enough in a Nikon that would work and be fast enough surely ? The best I have is a Tamron 10-24 at F3.5 ... All fast Nikon 18mm lenses would give a wide of only 36mm which might be tough for ceremonies!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2015, 08:31 PM   #93
Major Player

I watched that church footage YT video in 1080 on my computer and at 6400, it looked good to me. Very usable. Thanks for doing that.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 09:00 PM   #94
Regular Crew

Thanks, Colin. Very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
With a 2X crop factor on the GH cameras it will be hard to find anything wide enough in a Nikon that would work and be fast enough surely ?
Chris
That's where a Speedbooster comes in - it refocuses the image circle to the M4/3 sensor so your lenses look the same in HD and cropped a bit in 4k. My cheapie Nikon adapter has no optics so yes, you'll get crop factor. Even a fast 50mm prime would be very handy, cropped or not.

My Speedbooster is Canon mount as the direction the focus turns with Canon is the same as ENG lenses. Nikon is opposite.

Last edited by Mark Whittle; June 23rd, 2015 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Additional point
Mark Whittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2015, 11:52 PM   #95
Inner Circle

Hi Mark

Nikon DX lenses don't work on the speed booster as they vignette at wide angle ..you need to use full frame lenses with a Metabones unit. I was going to do that on the Sony earlier on but scrapped the idea cos I couldn't use full wide.

Chris
Old June 24th, 2015, 12:31 AM   #96
Inner Circle

Quote:

Thanks also Mark ... when I get to the stage of looking at anything else I'll give you a holler ...With a 2X crop factor on the GH cameras it will be hard to find anything wide enough
There is the Voigtländer nokton 10mm f0.95 if you want wide and very fast, other that that you have the Olympus 12mm f2.0 which is also a excellent lens and if you even want wider and fast there is the Olympus 8mm f1.8
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2015, 01:26 AM   #97
Major Player

Quote:
Thanks Colin

That's really good for a bridge camera!! I bet my Sony would have tons of noise !! I have an idea that you cannot get to ISO6400 in 4K mode only in 1080P ... I
It's 4k Chris and the iOS was at 6400
Old June 24th, 2015, 02:13 AM   #98
Inner Circle

Thanks Colin

I assume you were in Manual mode then ..I think in full auto it says max for 4K is 3200 but in manual mode it's unrestricted .. sorry still trying to get my head around all the menu settings ...In that case that image is awesome !! I'll catch up with menu settings soon enough so I know what I'm doing!! Anyway my Sony EA-50 with a 2.8 lens has a lot of noise!! and that Church was dark! I wouldn't like to do a wedding there!

Your clip was greatly appreciated and morale boosting too!!

Chris
Old June 24th, 2015, 02:33 AM   #99
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Rowe View Post
Here are some rough and ready shots taken with my FZ1000 to demonstrate high iso footage.
What image preset did you use? Just asking because that outside footage had some harsh contrast with no detail in the shades, something you often get when using the vivid preset, I believe this camera can also shoot in standard or cinelike v preset which can make a big difference in such cases but also when you shoot inside a church so the camera can deal better with shadows and highlights.
Old June 24th, 2015, 02:49 AM   #100
Inner Circle

Hi Noa

You can also change the colour curve profile to one of 3 presets or create a custom "S" curve ..plus the camera also has settings much like Nikon's D-Lighting which will balance out bright backgrounds ... that is probably the standard setting and the grass is really green due to all the rain those guys have!!
Old June 24th, 2015, 03:06 AM   #101
Inner Circle

I don't like messing around with color profiles as they often create more problems, I think all of us who have shot with camera's that have image presets know it's not easy to get it exactly like you want. I prevent using any presets like vivid which give you a punchy image which can look very nice in certain conditions but which are so contrasty you don't see anything in the shade. I"m sure you will have a lot of fun testing all those presets out :) As far as I can see they are the same as on my gh4.
Old June 24th, 2015, 05:07 AM   #102
Inner Circle

Hi Noa

They are certainly different from the Sony profiles or my older Panny "scene files" ...You really just have a choice of two "real" video profiles Cine D or Cine V all the others are still profiles unless that's the way Panny also do it on the GH4?? The colour Curves presets don't change any colours at all ..I'm always mystified why it's called a Colour Curve when all it really does is adjust your levels and contrast. The flat graph (like the Sony) gives you pretty heavy blacks and whites so you do lose a lot of detail in the shadows especially guys in black suits. With my EA-50's I always shot with the PP3 preset and then applied a nice gentle "s" curve in post which lifted the white contrast and brought out the detail in the shadows! You can select these or make your own so you get a lower/higher contrast ... so far I have stuck with the standard setting but will of course play with them and completely confuse myself

Chris
Old June 24th, 2015, 07:43 AM   #103
Major Player

Chris: It was shot in manual
Noa: Profile was cineV. It was just a quick shot I took to show the church, didnt bother much about the set up. The camera does has a very decent DR when set up properly
Old June 24th, 2015, 07:49 AM   #104
Major Player

Quote:
that Church was dark! I wouldn't like to do a wedding there!
My daughter is getting married there this December, she has banned me from going anywhere near a camera on the day, thankfully my son is well up to the job. I have mentioned the church many times in previous posts, it really is the darkest church, even with the lights on, that I have ever worked in. Always came away with good footage. Its a most beautiful church, right on the cliff top
Old June 24th, 2015, 08:21 AM   #105
Inner Circle

Thanks Colin

The location looks stunning and yes, no camera for the father of the bride! You have more important things to do! I did a real estate shoot today and yep the DR is excellent but just left the camera on standard. I find that the Cine profiles do tend to be a bit contrasty for my eye. Funnily I always was able to get really good results from my Panasonics previously without fussing too much over settings and the default ones seemed to be pretty close. On my EA-50 the "no profile" setting was way to contrasty unless the actually scene was soft ... throw in some black objects (like wedding suits) and I ended up having to crush black level quite a lot. Looking forward to playing with both cameras this week! I haven't even shot footage in 4K yet or tried the slowmo as I'm busy trying to built some simple aluminium frames so I can attach receivers to one camera and also offset the shotgun mic on the other as it stops you using the EVF if it's needed outdoors ...by offsetting the mic to the left it leaves the EVF area clear to look thru!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX LX / FZ / ZS Series