Color/Exposure Shift on GH2 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old October 4th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #31
Major Player

Re: Color/Exposure Shift on GH2

Just wondering if any progress had been made on this. I posted on another site but didn't get a satisfactory answer.

Recalibrating WB hues doesn't seem to be an option as in brighter lighting the color doesn't seem to shift.

And I've tried turning on "Constant Preview" and have set color to "Custom". While it worked for some it didn't do anything for me ...
Dave Mercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #32
Major Player

I just read this post and immediately went to my GH2. Took a still image. Then switched it over to video. Comparing the icons side by side on the viewfinder, the video definitely tends toward green.
Reviewing both supports that finding.
Easily fixed in Post, but still an odd and off-putting thing.
Matthew Roddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #33
Major Player

Yes a bit disconcerting. Any suggestions for an in-camera fix? My GH13 doesn't do this so never had to think about it before ...
Dave Mercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2011, 09:39 AM   #34
Inner Circle

Not sure if this helps, but I seem to find more consistency with m/4/3 lenses and Olympus lenses. A Tamron I had gave me fits for colors, and the Sigmas are much better, but still weird if I'm not vigilant.

With the 12mm F/2.0 and Olympus 12-60mm, I see very consistent results. The 20mm F/1.7 can unexpectedly give funny color results, but normally is very good for consistency, but can also weird out on me at times.

The Canon FD 50mm F/1.4 and 135 f/2.5 are almost universally difficult for me to color balance. Often the footage looks completely different on the screen than it does when played back, and I still cannot figure the why of that. I have given up using Canon lenses, it's too confusing for me with multiple cameras.

The nature of video and photos are different, and I think lighting conditions in one situation can produce consistent colors, and in other circumstances the camera will handle colors differently for video and photo. Not being a technical person, I don't know the why, but as I learn the gear I learn what works, and I just deal with it. I also stick with M4/3 lenses now mostly, and this is a huge help.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series