DV Info Net - Search Results
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Search Forums
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Showing results 26 to 50 of 87
Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 60 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Aaron Jones
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery October 9th, 2010, 04:33 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,952
Posted By Aaron Jones
Oleg, you are too humble sometimes. Sam,...

Oleg, you are too humble sometimes.

Sam, thank you for your comments. I always appreciate people to offer their opinions whether good or bad. Even though I am my harshest critic, it is difficult...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery October 7th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,952
Posted By Aaron Jones
Wow. Positive vibes from the great Oleg. We are...

Wow. Positive vibes from the great Oleg. We are not worthy sir.
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery October 5th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 1,952
Posted By Aaron Jones
A couple of different trailer styles

Hi guys,

Here are a couple of trailers we recently made while using the Canon 7D and 550D. Both have a slightly different tone in the edit, with the first being more of a fairytale while the other...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery September 6th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,807
Posted By Aaron Jones
Hi Stephen, Overall I liked the trailer. The...

Hi Stephen,

Overall I liked the trailer. The music was good (if a little over-dramatic after 52 secs). The majority of the content was very nice (loved the slider shot when tying the shoe laces),...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery September 2nd, 2010, 08:10 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,807
Posted By Aaron Jones
Goodbye FX1 | Hello DSLR

This is the very last wedding we shot with the FX1 before we went full DSRL.
We used the Canon 550D during this wedding as a final taster to see if it was viable for us to fully immerse ourselves...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery August 27th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,872
Posted By Aaron Jones
Louis - The t2i is a great camera for the price...

Louis - The t2i is a great camera for the price (it was the first DSLR we bought to see if it was viable for us to film with), and the image is almost the same as that of the 7D. However once you use...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery August 27th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,872
Posted By Aaron Jones
Thanks for the comments guys. Jordan,...

Thanks for the comments guys.

Jordan, although the DSLRs have their limitations, they are great fun! I'd recommend having a play with one if you get the chance.
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery August 20th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,736
Posted By Aaron Jones
Susanto..... Your clips are of the very few which...

Susanto..... Your clips are of the very few which are able to draw emotion from me (and I am a bit of a cold-hearted guy when it comes to watching clips). This clip was no different - especially the...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery August 20th, 2010, 05:39 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,872
Posted By Aaron Jones
Jasmine & John - Our first all-DSLR shoot

Sorry I haven't been on here much recently (as is normal for this time of year). Thought I should share a highlights clip from our first all-DSLR shoot shot in June - it was so much fun to shoot with...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD July 19th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 3,135
Posted By Aaron Jones
Good enough for me. Cheers guys

Good enough for me.

Cheers guys
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD July 17th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 3,135
Posted By Aaron Jones
1200mAh batteries Vs 1120mAh

I've had good success with the knock off 1120mAh batteries on ebay. They have ran the same (if not longer) than the canon original.

I'm looking at a knock off battery grip as well, and one on...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery July 16th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,866
Posted By Aaron Jones
I have to agree with Matthew about the sheer...

I have to agree with Matthew about the sheer number of slider shots. I would also have to add that on a few of them it looks like you are trying to pan the T2i while sliding at the same time, and the...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery July 13th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 2,552
Posted By Aaron Jones
Oleg, as always, your fun and quirky style paid...

Oleg, as always, your fun and quirky style paid off with this clip. It helped that the couple seemed so much fun and were up for a good laugh. It would have been nice to know what was being said, but...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques July 13th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 2,578
Posted By Aaron Jones
Philip, the issue that Susanto is having is...

Philip, the issue that Susanto is having is nothing to do with his NLE not being able to output to NTSC, but rather that his submission has to be in DVD format. As he explained, he is in Australia...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery June 25th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,583
Posted By Aaron Jones
Shame about the dissolve at the beginning (I...

Shame about the dissolve at the beginning (I assume the kid missed his mark).

I loved the grading on the clip and added a nostalgic feeling to the piece.

Have to say I thought the sheer volume...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery June 25th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 2,314
Posted By Aaron Jones
I wasn't turned off by the idea of the fast...

I wasn't turned off by the idea of the fast zooms. I could tell you had intentionally used them to try to fit the music, however I feel (IMHO) that it was the choice of music which I felt was wrong....
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery June 25th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Replies: 18
Views: 4,274
Posted By Aaron Jones
The piece and the concept were really well...

The piece and the concept were really well thought out (well I guess improvised, but we wouldn't have known without you telling us). I'm in two minds about the VO. I dig the idea and the execution,...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD May 21st, 2010, 02:30 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 3,547
Posted By Aaron Jones
I took this from somewhere else on the 7D forum...

I took this from somewhere else on the 7D forum (it is worth looking on there for tips with the t2i/550d as well since they are nearly identical:
...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD May 20th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 3,547
Posted By Aaron Jones
You might wanna also look at using the Avid DNxHD...

You might wanna also look at using the Avid DNxHD codec to use with it - Avid DNxHD Codec (http://broadcastautomation.com/dnxhd/). Be aware, I tried using this with CS3 and it didn't work (others had...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD May 19th, 2010, 03:58 AM
Replies: 11
Views: 3,547
Posted By Aaron Jones
Mpeg Streamclip. Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip...

Mpeg Streamclip. Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows (http://www.squared5.com/) - it's free.
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques May 18th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 2,453
Posted By Aaron Jones
I agree with Danny that it would be best to view...

I agree with Danny that it would be best to view your footage on DVD or Blu-ray before you panic. If you need a noise reduction filter, I hear Neat video works well Neat Video - best noise reduction...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD May 18th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 5,524
Posted By Aaron Jones
After a lot of careful consideration, I went with...

After a lot of careful consideration, I went with the Transcend 16GB class 6.
With 32GB cards, I could run the risk of losing a great deal if there is ever an error, whereas 16GB cards half the...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques May 17th, 2010, 04:10 AM
Replies: 24
Views: 3,912
Posted By Aaron Jones
I wouldn't mind you being a touch cavalier in...

I wouldn't mind you being a touch cavalier in your approach if I knew that I'd get a wedding film that looked like yours ;)

PS, by the time discussion on this thread is finished, it will be only...
Forum: Adobe Creative Suite May 14th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,969
Posted By Aaron Jones
Thanks for the assistance guys. This...

Thanks for the assistance guys.

This current project is a wedding, and will be using 70% HDV cam and 30% vDSLR.
Forgot that 25p doesn't work on BR, so I'll either have to use interlace or 24p -...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques May 14th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 1,998
Posted By Aaron Jones
Ok, I can't resist..... "Oh, oh me Sir"...

Ok, I can't resist.....

"Oh, oh me Sir" ****puts hand up****
"It was used recently on the BBC 3 doc, 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding'."

Make of that what you will...
Showing results 26 to 50 of 87

 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:16 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2026 The Digital Video Information Network