DV Info Net - Search Results
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Search Forums
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Showing results 51 to 75 of 87
Search took 0.01 seconds; generated 56 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Aaron Jones
Forum: Adobe Creative Suite May 12th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,969
Posted By Aaron Jones
...........anyone???

...........anyone???
Forum: Adobe Creative Suite May 11th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 2,969
Posted By Aaron Jones
Interlace to progressive in Prem CS4

Hi guys,

Just have a question for your good selves as I can't seem to find this particular answer anywhere.

A project I will be working on will have a mixture of 1440 x 1080i (HDV) and 1920 x...
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques May 2nd, 2010, 04:11 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 2,260
Posted By Aaron Jones
Really? How much research have you done on this...

Really? How much research have you done on this Charlie?
You may actually find that budget brides want everything for rock bottom prices.
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques April 14th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Replies: 32
Views: 6,034
Posted By Aaron Jones
Fantastic news Travis. Although I can't help but...

Fantastic news Travis. Although I can't help but think the reason you chose Miami is to be one step closer to Disney World.
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery March 31st, 2010, 03:51 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 1,586
Posted By Aaron Jones
Most points have already been addressed. However...

Most points have already been addressed. However I would add that it would have been nice to have some natural audio - especially from the B&G. It would have helped drive the narrative of the story...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery March 27th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,756
Posted By Aaron Jones
Wow Rich. What a great and fun clip. It must be...

Wow Rich. What a great and fun clip. It must be very refreshing to film something else other than weddings for a change. Your experience with filming your Lovestories has obviously helped.

I...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD March 18th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Replies: 108
Views: 36,315
Posted By Aaron Jones
Hi Graeme, My primary reason in starting...

Hi Graeme,

My primary reason in starting this thread was as a resource guide for people dipping their toes in the world of HDSLRs. I completely agree that each event will require a different set...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD March 17th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Replies: 10
Views: 5,524
Posted By Aaron Jones
32GB memory cards

Has anyone had much joy with any non-SanDisk cards?
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD March 17th, 2010, 05:50 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 2,812
Posted By Aaron Jones
UPDATE: I've tried using the Avid DNxHD codec...

UPDATE: I've tried using the Avid DNxHD codec through Mpeg Streamclip as well, but the image just returns a whole bunch of snowy noise. The clip runs fine in Quicktime (and the CS3 preview window),...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD March 15th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 2,812
Posted By Aaron Jones
550D & CS3 - Is there an easier way?

Just wondering if anyone else can think of a more efficient way than this to import and edit footage from the 550D in CS3 to edit alongside HDV footage.

I have tried using Mpeg Streamclip to...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD March 10th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Replies: 108
Views: 36,315
Posted By Aaron Jones
Great to see so many posts on this thread. I...

Great to see so many posts on this thread. I received my 550D a couple of days ago along with a canon 50mm f1.4 and so far so good.

My main aim in starting this thread was primarily for those...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD March 10th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 4,076
Posted By Aaron Jones
Not on the 550D. "M" is for photo only. 550D has...

Not on the 550D. "M" is for photo only. 550D has a dedicated video mode (at the other end of the dial).
Forum: EOS Crop Sensor (APS-C) Sample Clips Gallery March 10th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 1,930
Posted By Aaron Jones
Some nice shots gathered Erik. Are the judders on...

Some nice shots gathered Erik. Are the judders on the clips due to the wind or something else? I imagine it would be pretty tough to keep things stable at the crop AND macro at the same time.
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD March 10th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 4,076
Posted By Aaron Jones
Turn the AE setting to manual, that should allow...

Turn the AE setting to manual, that should allow you to adjust each individually in video mode.
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery March 6th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,855
Posted By Aaron Jones
To be honest. For the first 2 1/2 minutes, I was...

To be honest. For the first 2 1/2 minutes, I was quite bored with the clip. I felt there were just too many shots that looked the same, didn't add to the flow of the story, and seemed to be just...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD March 2nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
Replies: 108
Views: 36,315
Posted By Aaron Jones
If you could only use 3 lenses....

....what would you choose and why?

I guess this would apply in the 7D forum, but since I'm getting a T2i/550d I posted here instead.

Since I am new to the HDSLR front, I'd love to hear your...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery March 1st, 2010, 04:44 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 1,711
Posted By Aaron Jones
Really great as usual Travis. Loved the slider...

Really great as usual Travis. Loved the slider shots (especially the one on the dance floor). I enjoyed the little quick cuts to the music beat as well.

Wasn't 100% on the slight green hue on the...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery March 1st, 2010, 08:48 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,419
Posted By Aaron Jones
Fusion wedding highlights (Muslim & Scottish)

Here's a short highlights clip from a wedding we did at the end of 2010.

Let me just say that this was one tough wedding. The bride originally told me that this wedding was to be a mixed affair...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery February 25th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,375
Posted By Aaron Jones
Thanks for your replies John & Rich. John –...

Thanks for your replies John & Rich.

John – I know what you mean about the music, but the couple loved the band so I thought ‘what the hell’. We use the Glidecam 4000, and I know some shots are...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery February 25th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 1,375
Posted By Aaron Jones
Winter Wedding Trailer (minus snow)

I hate posting critiques of peoples clips without putting one of my own up (hi Rich). So here we go.

I went for a stripped-down use of grading on this clip. Trying to make it look more natural...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery February 25th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 1,562
Posted By Aaron Jones
I've said to myself many times that I should...

I've said to myself many times that I should start posting more critiques on here. So what better person to start with than you Rich.

Lisa & Mark - Loved the grading and text on the opening shot....
Forum: DV Info Net Announcements February 9th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Replies: 100
Views: 53,959
Posted By Aaron Jones
You can follow me on ReelWeddingsUK ...

You can follow me on ReelWeddingsUK

.....someone already beat me to ReelWeddings
Forum: Wedding / Event Videography Techniques February 4th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Replies: 24
Views: 5,032
Posted By Aaron Jones
I am interested to hear what Rose has to say...

I am interested to hear what Rose has to say about all the advice provided thus far. No further posts since the initial one. Has she been scared off with the reality check? Or has this made her more...
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery January 23rd, 2010, 06:08 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,399
Posted By Aaron Jones
Hi Antz, We used MB for the grading applied...

Hi Antz,

We used MB for the grading applied on this clip. If only our cameras could produce the colouring that we look for - it would save us sooo much time in post.

Cheers
Aaron
Forum: Wedding & Event Video Sample Clips Gallery January 22nd, 2010, 11:09 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 1,399
Posted By Aaron Jones
Thanks guys. Dimitris, you are spot on with...

Thanks guys.

Dimitris, you are spot on with the glide and zoom out. I would love to have claimed credit for myself, but that was a shot taken by my cameraman - really loved it when I saw it upon...
Showing results 51 to 75 of 87

 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:14 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2026 The Digital Video Information Network