DV Info Net - Search Results
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Search Forums
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Showing results 126 to 150 of 790
Search took 0.04 seconds; generated 52 minute(s) ago.
Search: Posts Made By: Evan Donn
Forum: Digital Video Industry News March 2nd, 2011, 05:01 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 11,005
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Sony to show 4K Cine camera at NAB2011

what is 16:8:8? 4:2:2 are ratios, so functionally the two should be the same - are they using this as a way to indicate oversampling here?
Forum: Digital Video Industry News February 25th, 2011, 02:14 PM
Replies: 31
Views: 13,404
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Apple's Thunderbolt for the video editor.

Displayport can do up to 16bpc, but the actual capability would be dependent on the graphics card. I can't find any information on apple or amd's site about what the card can support.
Forum: Digital Video Industry News February 24th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Replies: 31
Views: 13,404
Posted By Evan Donn
re: Apple's Thunderbolt for the video editor.

Interesting thing is one Thunderbolt port has almost the same throughput as all three pci-e slots in a mac pro combined (12Gb/s for the pci, 10 for thunderbolt). That's incredible for laptop...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD February 22nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 3,370
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: AJA Ki Pro Mini

I'm curious about this too - even if the white square could be removed, is the 7D actually putting out a full 1080p 16x9 signal? I was under the impression it was still cropped center frame.
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD February 22nd, 2011, 06:03 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 5,027
Posted By Evan Donn
Re: Shooting Sport with Different Shutter Speeds..

I used a mix of shutter speeds for the following piece:

http://smalldog-media.com/samples/K1_Boot_Camp_Overview.mov

Interviews are all at 1/50, most of the training is at 1/250 - I couldn't...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News February 17th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 11,500
Posted By Evan Donn
This also just highlights that we're currently in...

This also just highlights that we're currently in the middle of a transition period where the sensor capabilities have dramatically outstripped what can be practically/cheaply processed in a small...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD February 15th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 4,330
Posted By Evan Donn
I find using custom improves the accuracy of skin...

I find using custom improves the accuracy of skin tones (which is usually what I care most about) and I generally use a kodak gray card to set it - I've done some tests and it's definitely more...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News February 12th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 10,042
Posted By Evan Donn
Is this confirmed? I can't find any information...

Is this confirmed? I can't find any information in Canon's specifications on clip length... but in their recent preview dpreview.com has a screen shot of the video format selection screen. The...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD January 29th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 4,757
Posted By Evan Donn
Yeah, I think the difference is the DR-100 has a...

Yeah, I think the difference is the DR-100 has a small built-in rechargeable battery in addition to the AAs. So when they run out it falls back to the internal battery which probably has circuitry to...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News January 28th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 7,419
Posted By Evan Donn
Long long ago, in a galaxy far far away...* ...

Long long ago, in a galaxy far far away...*

"one day we'll edit video on our phones!"

"Huh?"

"One day soon, we'll all be able to edit video on our phones"

"Right. Where would you put the...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD January 24th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 4,757
Posted By Evan Donn
I do like to roll audio across multiple clips...

I do like to roll audio across multiple clips when possible, but be careful about running it for hours at a time if you are using phantom power on the mics and running on batteries. I lost the audio...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD January 14th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Replies: 7
Views: 3,763
Posted By Evan Donn
I've got the 24-105 kit lens and a few manual...

I've got the 24-105 kit lens and a few manual nikon & pentax primes - enough to shoot most basic stuff - but I generally rent anything else I need. I'm lucky to be about half an hour from...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD January 14th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 4,757
Posted By Evan Donn
I've had better results in general syncing...

I've had better results in general syncing smaller batches of clips, rather than doing hundreds of shots all at once. I'll also second Wayne's comment, when I've had troublesome clips the...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD January 10th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 4,158
Posted By Evan Donn
I stopped using the C modes after a short while....

I stopped using the C modes after a short while. Every time the camera goes into power saving mode or you swap batteries or cards everything goes back to the stored values and you lose any...
Forum: Area 51 November 13th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Replies: 34
Views: 20,704
Posted By Evan Donn
From a functionality standpoint I can't think of...

From a functionality standpoint I can't think of too many things I'd like to see, primarily better media management both in browser & in moving projects. It would be nice to see a more unified...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD November 13th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 3,327
Posted By Evan Donn
I always shoot color and do the monochrome...

I always shoot color and do the monochrome conversion in post - this gives you more flexibility in adjusting the tonality through the three channels, you can do things like punch up faces by tweaking...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD October 19th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 2,404
Posted By Evan Donn
It skips lines. I believe it uses every third...

It skips lines. I believe it uses every third line on the 5D, not certain about the 7D - but it's part of what causes the aliasing problems.
Forum: Digital Video Industry News October 4th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 6,107
Posted By Evan Donn
RR just added HDMI loop through to the feature...

RR just added HDMI loop through to the feature list for their EVF, so it looks like that wan't really be a point of differentiation any more - biggest difference now is the ability to use the Zacuto...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD October 1st, 2010, 06:05 PM
Replies: 29
Views: 27,353
Posted By Evan Donn
The human brain may want it - but the software...

The human brain may want it - but the software you're using to interpolate intermediate frames will want the clearest possible image so that it can accurately identify and track the movement of...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD September 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 8,371
Posted By Evan Donn
When I say workflow, I don't mean back at the PC,...

When I say workflow, I don't mean back at the PC, I mean in the field. If a good night's sleep is what you want, get the DR-100 instead of the H4n. Trust me.

The single biggest flaw of the H4n is...
Forum: Digital Video Industry News September 24th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 6,326
Posted By Evan Donn
1 terabyte external hard drives are < $100, 2...

1 terabyte external hard drives are < $100, 2 terabytes < $150. Bare 2Tb drives are about ~$100. Even 2.5" external bus powered drives are running ~ $130 per terabyte. Hardly Hollywood budget stuff....
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD September 22nd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Replies: 17
Views: 17,863
Posted By Evan Donn
But he's not dispensing general creative advice -...

But he's not dispensing general creative advice - those are the exactly what the shutter speeds "should be" if you want the highest shutter speeds that "look smooth and do not strobe", which is what...
Forum: Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD September 19th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 8,371
Posted By Evan Donn
Actually, consider the Tascam DR-100 instead of...

Actually, consider the Tascam DR-100 instead of the Zoom. Similar price range & features to the H4n, but has a couple things that make the workflow much nicer.
Forum: Show Your Work September 10th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 1,770
Posted By Evan Donn
Short Ultrarunner Documentary (5DmkII)

This is why I primarily shoot films in 48 hour competitions and the like - we started shooting this last October and just got around to finishing it. I definitely work better with a deadline!

In...
Forum: Canon EOS Full Frame for HD September 7th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Replies: 101
Views: 35,633
Posted By Evan Donn
Pete's right, but you generally have different...

Pete's right, but you generally have different considerations for video - high shutter speeds tend to eliminate too much motion blur and create a stutter-y look in video. This is often used for a...
Showing results 126 to 150 of 790

 


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:19 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2026 The Digital Video Information Network