Show Your Work 2007 - Page 43 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Closed Thread

Old July 2nd, 2007, 06:08 AM   #631
Major Player

Very interesting, Thanks for showing both sides of the issue, too many documentaries don't do that.

Now some technical advice. Your audio levels are all over the place, you need to get them all on the same level, we go from one that's pretty low to another interview where the audio is a lot higher.

Also pick 1 title background for lower 3rd supers and use it throughout. Also keep it in the same place. They jump around too much, pick 1 and use it throughout. It's very distracting the way it is now.

Your pacing is good, good use of nat sound to keep the story moving.

You also got some great interviews on this subject, very good. It's what will make or break your story.

Overall, nice job, I think you could easily turn this into a half hour or 1 hour documentary.
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:24 PM   #632
Major Player

Open Screening at 911 Media Arts

If you're in the Seattle area and have work in progress that you'd like feedback on, or finished work you feel like showing, or whatever, 911 has a monthly open screening. This is a cool and, I think, underutilized event. It has the potential to be a great learning and networking thing if it's taken advantage of. If you're interested you can get all the info you need here http://www.911media.org/

No I don't work for 911.

Hope to see some of you there!

Day: Monday July 9th (happens once a month)
Time: 8 pm
Place: 911 Media Arts Center- Seattle
Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:18 AM   #633
Major Player

Portsmouth Screen '07 - Short Film screenings: Call for entries

As part of the Portsmouth Screen '07: Film and New Media festival, SHORTS::CUT is looking for short films For the past two years we have showcased the work of local production talent as part of the Portsmouth Screen: Film and New Media Festival. For 2007, We are looking for entertaining, engaging and thought provoking films in any genre, from drama to comedy, documentary to animation.

The deadline for submissions is 1 October 2007. Films should not be longer than 15 minutes, including credits.

We are now opening two sections: The first is for the filmmakers in the local area. At least one of the principle cast, or the writer, director or producer should reside or study in Hampshire, West Sussex or the Isle of Wight, or the film should have been produced in this area. click here for more infomation.

New for this year, a second section is open to projects from anywhere in the UK or around the World, though we do request that all films be in English or feature English subtitles. Click here for more information.

Alternatively contact port_shorts@yahoo.com.

--------------------------------------

Portsmouth Screen 07: Film and New Media Festival

Shorts::Cut
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:28 AM   #634
Regular Crew

Hi Dylan, I was reading through the webpages and noticed one of the press releases mentioned the possibility of a monthly networking event at John Pounds Centre. Did this get underway? I'd certainly be interested in attending.

I my made my feature length effort back in 2004 when shorts didn't seem so en vogue and longer form work seemed to get more screen time. Damn my sense of timing!

http://www.ratemymovie.co.uk/ hopefully it'll raise a chuckle at least.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 09:39 AM   #635
Major Player

Hi Mike,

The networking event didn't get established, but we're still working on it as a future project. At the moment all attention is focused on the Festival in November.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:10 AM   #636
Major Player

That's really cool! I grew up in Pompey (Farlington) and, whilst growing up, thought the city was a dump. Whenever I get a chance to visit, I'm always impressed with how much has been done in the last decade or so. The effects have even been seen here. Just this morning I was waiting to pick up a prescription and in one of the gutterpress tabloids (called The Sun of all things) there was a photo and and article about a fella who had built a miniature matchstick model of the Spinnaker Tower! The real thing is taller than Portsdown Hill, so the view must be quite something....next time I'm there, I'll go up it.

Anyway, good luck with the festival!
Old July 3rd, 2007, 01:26 PM   #637
Regular Crew

Downpour - CineVera Picture's latest

Check out our new scene, Downpour. It still needs ADR and is not a short film, but more of a lighting exercise and excuse to get some cool shots. Let us know what you think.

http://www.cineverapictures.com/clips/downpour.html
Old July 3rd, 2007, 07:01 PM   #638
Inner Circle

James Bond Parody

Check out this Bond Parody. I composed and created the music. My son filmed and directed. Jeremy Robeson sang the vocals.

Let me know what you think!

http://colonelcrush.com/movie/index/00220201 It starts just after the 30 second mark.
Old July 4th, 2007, 06:09 AM   #639
Regular Crew

Cicada documentary

Well not really... it's a spoof. I wasn't actually involved in the shoot, but I edited it. The guy that wrote it and stars in it is "sort of" a real actor... he's had small parts in a few Troma features. He's now trying to break into screenwriting.

Also, this was thrown together last minute. I would estimate it took 8 hours from the first shot to the final edit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lHyJInDuUE
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:31 AM   #640
Major Player

New documentary Raising the Bar 2 is available!

A few days ago I added a post to my original teaser thread about RTB2s availability, but now think I should announce it more clearly in its own thread for those who have expressed interest in it.

Please click this link for more information...

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/store/v...the-bar-2.html
Old July 4th, 2007, 08:56 PM   #641
New Boot

Olá de Portugal

Gostei muito do plano em que fazes um Dolly a acompanhar o bandido.
Como fizeste? Com steadicam ou com carro de pneumáticos??

Abraço
Old July 4th, 2007, 09:30 PM   #642
Major Player

Although it could have been alot shorter - it was fun film and you could see that youve had fun making it with the inclusion of those special effects so yeh not bad. not bad at all.
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:49 AM   #643
Regular Crew

That looks beautiful. Completely professional. The only drawback is the audio. The dialog sounds muffled and it's drowned out by the rain sound. I'm no audio guy, but I'd guess you should record some clean dialog, maybe outside in a quiet area to get it to sound natural and not dubbed, and then dial in some of the rain audio til it sounds natural, while still keeping the dialog as the dominant sound. Anyone who knows more about sound, feel free to tell me I'm completely wrong though.
Old July 6th, 2007, 12:50 AM   #644
Major Player

XH-A1 portrait of a place promo

Thought I would post this to see what sort of feedback people might have. It is the last and most scenic part of a promotional video I shot and edited for White Squall Paddling Center in Parry Sound, Ontario. In particular this segment (#6) shows the town of Parry Sound and some of the sights a tourist to the area could expect to experience.

Everything was shot with my A1 and a Manfrotto 503/531 combo. Editing was done in Vegas 7 and the music I composed and recorded with Steinberg Nuendo.

In total there are 5 other segments giving detail about Whitesqualls operations/course/trips/store locations etc, with interviews of the owners and staff. I will post more links if anyone is interested.

http://broadbandsports.com/node/9635
Old July 6th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #645
Major Player

Nature - Beartooth Pass Montana - XH-A1

Just thought I would post this for people to look at. I find it nice and relaxing. Parts of it are hand held so there is some shaking, I did find some nice rocks to use from time to time though :)

Flash Player:
http://www.simplethoughtproductions....001/episode004

Right click downloadable WMV (75MB):
http://www.simplethoughtproductions....episode004.wmv

Thanks for watching! Coments always welcome for improvement!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work