Various questions Sony HVR-A1 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old January 30th, 2007, 01:20 AM   #76
Regular Crew

can hvr-a1u export to tape from NLE?

i was wondering if this was capable in premiere pro 2.0 with the a1 and if it does does it only do 60i or can you export as 30p?
Jack Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 09:14 AM   #77

Yes, you can export to the A1u from Premiere Pro, but the A1U doesn't accept 30p, so no...you can't export 30p from PP to the A1. You can also export 24p from Premiere, but the camera won't accept 24p without pulldown. In other words, export settings must match the capabilities of the cam receiving the stream.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #78
Trustee

Need 35mm adapter for A1U

Can someone recommend a decent priced 35mm adapter for the A1U? I have about $200 to spend. If not in that price range, how about one for the VX2100?
Old February 14th, 2007, 01:31 AM   #79
Regular Crew

downconverting from a1e

this one is quite frustrating. I previously had a sony fx1 and was pleased in any ways apart from portability. Therefore changed to sony a1e and to my big, big surprise there seems to severe problems in downconverting from hdv to dv. That is: i shoot in rec format 1080i (Shutterspeed set to 1/50 , using tripod) , use i-link (1394) and downconverting when exporting to premiere pro 1.5.
Even during the capture sequence (project settings PAL DV) I see interlacing lines and coarse pixelating in the monitor window. That is before further processing in PP. I have never seen any reports on this forum making this an issue previously and wonders why am I to have such a problem. Any suggestions ?
Idar Lettrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #80
Major Player

Sony HVR A1

Thought I would put up three clips I took with my A1, they need to load, rendered in Vegas 7, flowers, hummingbird, and birdbath

http://www.hughmobley.com/Untitled-111.html
http://www.hughmobley.com/Untitled-11.html
http://www.hughmobley.com/Untitled-1.html
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #81
Regular Crew

HVR A1 match to DVX100

Hello to HVR users!

I have a client who wants to add HVR footage to DVX100 footage, what is the best way to shoot the HVR footage? HD, SD, downconvert the HD footage?
any replys or tips greatly appreciated ,cheers
Russ
Russell Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #82
Regular Crew

ok could somone confirm that if I shoot HD with the A1 and down convert it will look better than shooting standard def on it, bear in mind it needs to go on a 4:3 timeline

cheers Russ

Last edited by Russell Pearce; March 8th, 2007 at 11:05 AM.
Russell Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2007, 01:01 PM   #83
Major Player

sony hvr-a1e wildlife-clip

I send some Wildlife cilp from Norway .Wildlife made on sony a1
Some clip is freehand clip.Reddeer and Fox.

http://web.mac.com/vidarjohannesveda....com/Film.html
Vidar Vedaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2007, 01:49 AM   #84
Major Player

Wildlife-clip

I have some problem whit my Website sorry,new link is:
http://web.mac.com/vidarjohannesveda...atur/Film.html
Vidar Vedaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:47 AM   #85
Regular Crew

Sony Has a Heart

Back on September 17th I bought a HVR-A1U from B&H. My rebate application got snarled up in the winter storms. I sent Sony a true sob story letter and got my $500 rebate last week :)
Konrad Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2007, 09:01 PM   #86
Regular Crew

DV Tape playback problem on A1U

I recently bought myself an A1U, and playback of tapes that were recorded on my Panasonic PV-GS36 SD camcorder is horrible. I get tons of audio dropout, and the picture is digitized in certain spots. I read on the net, and in the manual, that if a DV tape reorded in the LP format was played back on the A1U, that these effects would be seen. However, I have never recorded anything in LP. The tapes play back fine on the Panasonic, and on my brothers Panasonic AGDVC20P. Any Ideas?
Jason Donaldson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 11:58 AM   #87
Regular Crew

it just might be a bad tape like some type of bad fluke type deal. Sometimes funny things happen. I know some people say if you switch tapes some cames react funning to that. I have been using the same sony tapes since I got my cam in fall.

You could maybe try logging the footy with a different cam and then print back to a different tape so that it will work on your A1U
Darren Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #88
Regular Crew

HVR-A1U and WCS-999 wireless mic question

Hi all,

Being new to all this, I have a question I hope can get answered. I have had my A1U for a little less than a month now. I am pretty farmiliar with everything on it. My question is regarding the mic input on the side of the body right above the headphone jack. I bought a used Sony WCS-999 wireless mic set on Ebay (I can hear most of you cringing, but after departing with $3417.00 CAD to aquire the A1U brand new, that's all I can afford at the moment). When I connect the WCS-999 to this mic jack, it turns off the XLR adaptor and the built in mics on the body and only records sound through it. What I didn't know, is that the WCS-999 is mono, and playback of anything recorded by it is left chanel only. Is there any way around this with some kind of splitter/adapter etc? If there isn't, could I use Vegas to copy the soundtrack, and paste a new identical track in order to have "2 chanel sound"? Any help would be appreciated.

Jason
Jason Donaldson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:25 AM   #89
Trustee

With Vegas just select whichever track the mic is recorded on and Vegas will feed that mono track to both channels in the mix. Say the mic is only on the left (upper) channel, right click the track and under Channels select Left Only, job done. This is actually better than feeding the one mic into both channels as things can go wrong doing that.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 10:14 PM   #90
Regular Crew

I built a mini 1/8" male to female XLR adapter, split it, and now have both the wireless and XLR going at the same time...wireless picks up the speeches etc, while the XLR picks up guests reactions etc.
Jason Donaldson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series