please comment....advice needed - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old October 13th, 2007, 03:02 PM   #16
Major Player

thanks for your comments...

well, the coach is fine with a tape, so no need for the sony dvd burner anymore, and you are right, there is no "right away", i did not knew that at the time i wrote the first post...lol

last night i used an older sony vct-d680 rm, lightweight tripod, has also a build in remote control.

i appreciated the fact that the tripod is small and very light, but did not liked the head, panning and tilting was very loose and not controllable, specillay the pan handle is not adjustable. have too see what other tripods sony has.

you're also right with the bogen 523. this panhandle goes into my davis&sanford which is indeed bulky and heavy.

i guess i have to compromise in regards the tripod, but my idea is to cut equipment weight and size down, without giving quality up.

greetings
Karl Heiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2007, 04:46 PM   #17
Inner Circle

I think the 870 may have a better head; I think it's pretty smooth and not loose at all.

Your local Sony Store should have one in stock you could play with....

I also use the 523 with my FX1, but for my HC3s I have the 870 and I think it works pretty smoothly.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM   #18
Inner Circle

I use a 701RC2 head for my 190DX Manfrotto tripod for my HC7 and it works pretty well.
Jack Zhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 12:32 PM   #19
Major Player

just received the new tripod (vct870rm) and even it is still a small and not a pro tripod, the head is much better than my old vct-d680.

like i said, my goal is to get the set up, smaller and less weight.

thanks adam..good advice.
have an other football game this friday, will post how the tripod is doing
Karl Heiner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series